+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 9/26 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 9/26 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

I am a bit disappointed in Chynna's score...it was simple perhaps in parts...but she deserved more!

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Hope and Maks deserved better scores. Rob and Cheryl did NOT deserve 21.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    I'm just not sure exactly what Bruno wants her to DO about the top-heaviness. It's not really something she can practice away. DOPE!
    I don't think it's what she can do about it--I think it's what wardrobe needs to do about it. She just needs more support up top than they're giving her. Either they need to build support into her costumes or they need to design costumes that allow her to wear a supportive bra.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

David and Kym another couple with potentional, who deserved better. Chaz can go home anytime soon.

I thought Chaz's performance was the worst this evening. I thought Carson did better than his critique......

I feel bad for Chaz. That looked painful, not much quick to the quickstep. At least he tried even though his knees are bothering him. I am afraid for him tomorrow.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I caught the last 30 seconds after Terra Nova and before Castle..what in the world happened to Brookes hair and whom ever did that to her needs to be taken out back and have the crapola beat out of them
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Skipped the judges comments and backstage interviews, as I find all of that meaningless. So much for having another fun, even, unbiased season with decent scoring and critiques.

I'd be perfectly fine with Hope getting a 19 if Rob, Elisabetta, and Ricki didn't outscore her. Because none of them deserved it. Hope is showing a lot of promise and determination. Are TPTB trying to set Maks off to clash with the judges or push Hope to the point where they get into it? Hopefully he's beyond caring and giving them what they want. Hope's jive was decent. There were obvious mis steps and her timing was off, but I think she did a fantastic job. Much better than I was expecting.

J.R. got screwed. Royally. True, there was a lift, it wasn't a lindy hop. Mark did a flip, but the judges were fine with that?! In no way did Ricki deserve to top the leaderboard. That was a lot of Derek dancing and Ricki just bopping with her feet on the floor in the background. Looks like they may be pushing a 4th trophy win after all. I can only hope they pushed the couples they did tonight because they plan to run the bus over them later on, and giving Hope, Carson, David, and J.R. unfair scores and critiques means they want them to last to the end. At least Derek isn't as bad as he used to be, but I felt that dance was more him than Ricki. She looked like she couldn't keep up. Nancy did surprisingly well. I didn't expect that of her. If anything, I think she showed the most improvement from last week to this week. I liked Ricki and David better last week. Kristin, as much as I hate saying it since I can't stand her partner and don't really like her, did a pretty good job. I don't know if I would have given it an 8, but it was a well earned second place and she did improve from last week. I realize that the pros are popular, and may give whatever celeb they have a boost based on their own fanbase. But it doesn't mean that the dance is all about them and their celeb is supposed to be in the background. I'd much rather take Carson and David over the likes of Rob and Elisabetta (sorry Val, I'll see you and your chest next season, with hopefully a partner that's more appreciative). At least those two know they aren't the best dancers, but are having funny, enjoying it, are respectful, and are trying their hardest. Same with Chaz and Nancy.

Elisabetta-yikes. She's not a bad dancer. 21 that quickstep wasn't. But she looks bored, terrified, frustrated, angry...why do celebs come on this show if they aren't going to give it their all? Sometimes I can't blame the pros for getting frustrated. She's on here to distance herself from Clooney and to make a name for herself. It won't happen, and she'll forever be linked to Clooney. I think it'd be doing Val a favor (not to mention her) to get kicked off tomorrow. She's miserable to watch as a person. Unlike other unknowns like Gilles and Kyle, she has zero personality, and comes off extremely cold. Even in her interviews I've seen she's not very engaging. I hate to say it about Chaz, but I almost think it'd be good for him and his knees to get kicked off tomorrow. I hate having the over 70 crowd on here because it's painful to watch them and worry. His dancing was terrible tonight. I don't want another repeat of seasons past where there's the constant drama over injuries, doctor visits, medication, and 'will he or won't he' dance. It's been done before producers. Just like having someone who's overweight and struggling. Sorry Ricki, you're no Kirstie. I really wanted to root for Ricki, and it's got nothing to do with Derek, but I find her to be dull. Hopefully she gets better. Chynna isn't the most engaging person this season, either, but she and Tony delivered tonight. They deserved an 8 if Ricki's jive got 2.

I really hope Rob goes tomorrow, but I'm going with Elisabetta. It looks like it might be another loooong season. At least there's the spring to look forward to I feel like there's something disconnected with this season. Last week's premiere I felt was off, and this week I felt a similar vibe. Oh, and I know this won't happen 13 seasons in, but could they please dump the band and just play the actual recorded versions of the songs? Maybe they won't have to re-use music all the time because the artists don't want their songs being butchered by 'the best band in the business'.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-26-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Hmmm, Nancy did a decent job.

(I notice a lot of people in audience not applauding. Do they dislike her that much? How about the performance, and Tristan?)
    Sadly - I think even if she turned into Twinkletoes or such people will dislike her simply because they feel that all her comments on the Casey Anthony case prior, during and yes even after the case now led to the eventual "Not Guilty" decree by the jury. (And yes, I know the attorneys are responsible for the charges and the like, but even I was turned off with how much she went on the case and kept thinking "No way will Anthony get a guilty plea if people are seeing this and they go capital one).

As far as the rest - not surprised they're making it a Derek vs. Mark case instead of letting this be a fun dance competition.

And Judges - I don't mind you marking down people for illegal lifts and the like, but you MUST DO IT FOR ALL! Sorry, Mark, Derek and other entitled dancers (IMHO, though some cases that is warranted) who do this and get away with it is not fair, and turns off viewers. You want a paycheck for longer than maybe a couple of seasons the rate you're going? Then please judge fair.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Sadly - I think even if she turned into Twinkletoes or such people will dislike her simply because they feel that all her comments on the Casey Anthony case prior, during and yes even after the case now led to the eventual "Not Guilty" decree by the jury. (And yes, I know the attorneys are responsible for the charges and the like, but even I was turned off with how much she went on the case and kept thinking "No way will Anthony get a guilty plea if people are seeing this and they go capital one).

As far as the rest - not surprised they're making it a Derek vs. Mark case instead of letting this be a fun dance competition.

And Judges - I don't mind you marking down people for illegal lifts and the like, but you MUST DO IT FOR ALL! Sorry, Mark, Derek and other entitled dancers (IMHO, though some cases that is warranted) who do this and get away with it is not fair, and turns off viewers. You want a paycheck for longer than maybe a couple of seasons the rate you're going? Then please judge fair.
    I don't care for Nancy Grace, but it had nothing to do with Casey Anthony. That's her overall style. Whether it be Laci Peterson, Drew Peterson, Haleigh Cummings, she's guilty until proven innocent and always knows it all. God forbid someone on her panel disagrees with her or tries to get a word in edgewise that she doesn't like. However, I think away from the world of courts and crime reporting, she is a much softer soul. I give her credit for doing this. She's about the last person I expected to ever see turn up. I think Tristan is working wonders with her, and I think she did better than last week. I think based on dancing she deserves to stay. She's not the best, and may not get any better. I think she has a solid core of fans that, if they're voting, could keep her in longer than people expect.

I read today Julianne is going to be returning to perform during a results show. So the Ballas Bratpack will be together again The show would survive without any of the current pros. I hate to think of some of the pros leaving just because they figure what's the point. Karina gets called out for a lift-fine, she should have known better. But not when the judges play favorites with the others. CA and Bruno are the worst. I don't know if Derek or Mark will win again this season, but I won't be too surprised. Especially if it's obvious the show's pushing it. Hopefully they just let the chips fall where they may. It'd be a good season otherwise, with less bias judging, stunt casting, and a band that could actually sing. Oh, and whoever's designing these costumes needs to be taken out back and beat with them. Ricki looked horrible tonight. Why was Tony wearing spats? And Nancy needs something a little less tight. It'd almost serve the show right if someone perceived as a fan favorite or better dancer left early. Although there was Sabrina...

+ Reply to Thread