+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 9/26 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 9/26 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Chynna: OK, so I am not a Chynna fan. I find her mediocre, at best.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm liking Chynna and Tony, they're doing quite well.

I think I liked them better last week, though.

DON'T like Chynna's outfit, and Tony could've left Mr. Overdance's spats ALONE.

ETA . . .

OK.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Okay, what's with the mended glasses and the two-toned shoes? Does anyone else think Tony's making fun of Mark?

That may not have been a perfect jive, but Chynna really sold it with everything she had. And she looks great.

Here's the problem: the jive is a stupid choice for week two. So is the quickstep. Go back to the samba and the foxtrot for week two. Particularly since everybody who got the cha-cha last week got a fast ballroom this week too.

I can't see how Chaz dances if his knee hurts that badly. I had surgery on ny knee June 23 and I can't even walk down stairs evenly (I have a weird hop). There is no way I could dance 3 months after surgery and with the pain I still have. Big empathy points from me for sticking to it despite the pain. I will say, though, this show is NOT worth injuring the knees further. I'm the same age, I feel like I'm in my 70's right now. Thank goodness for PT, thats what the knees need, not the banging from the dancing.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

I thought Chynna and Tony were excellent.

FORT Fogey

I think part of the problem with Chaz's knees likely also has to do with his weight. The heavier you are, the greater the stress put on your joints. Add to that the fact that he's moving quickly (or relatively so) on those joints and that increases the pressure.

I completely understand why he wouldn't want to quit, but DWTS isn't worth blowing out a knee.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I just checked wikipedia to get a recap on the scores. What is it with this show and recycling songs so much? Not surprised Ricki managed to be at the top (for now). At least it's not the spaz. I wish we didn't get 8s this early on, though. Especially from CA and Bruno who just give them out to their crushes.
    NFL1 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Chaz's weight is definitely working against him and his knees.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm sorry, but Nancy just looks like a bedazzled 3 Musketeers bar in that getup, to me.

And cue the corner-wig-store extensions, y'all.

Tristan . . . YUMMY, Mummy!

I feel for her, I surely couldn't/wouldn't get my ass out there and try it.

Props to her for that.

ETA . . .

She's doing OK, but I can feel and see her nerves and hesitation.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I hope Tristan is back next season, and with a better partner. Although I'm sure he'll get ditched for someone else. I could take anyone else in the troupe, or bringing back Damian. Hopefully it's not Corky. One camera mugging, floor hogging spaz is enough.

+ Reply to Thread