+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: 9/19 Season Premiere Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/19 Season Premiere Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think Elizabetta will be gone. She was boring to watch, and doesn't really have a natural fan base in the US to keep her going.

I agree but what about Val????? He can't go already! We only got to see him bare chested once!
    karalott and KatesMom like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I agree but what about Val????? He can't go already! We only got to see him bare chested once!
    I know All these seasons I've been waiting for both Chmerkovskiy's, and I'm likely going to be down to just one next week. I think Val went all out as a risk because he knows they have no solid fanbase. No one knows Elisabetta. And she didn't do herself any favors last night. She's not a bad dancer, but the dance didn't wow (even if Val and his bare chest did), and she seemed scared and dull. I was following Val's twitter, and he was urging Maks fans that wanted to split their votes between to the two of them not to; to just vote for his brother. I think that's sweet the bond they have. Maks seemed a little down during his own dance, and I think he knows him and his brother together on here is short lived. *Sigh* Hopefully Maks doesn't decide this is his last season.

I think Ron should be the one to go. His was the worst of the night.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-20-2011 at 03:20 PM.

I liked the new "Italianate Opera House" design of the new stage. I could see the pit (where the dance platform is set) filled with teeming masses. Anyway, clever design with the movable stairs and the hydraulic orchestra lift.

I liked that the dancers performed at or above expectations for opening night. I like that there are personalities that don't grate and everyone has a story - which we'll hear tonight on part one of the two hour result show.

I liked Brook's dress, but she still fed a few very awkward waiting for the votes questions. Did you notice they have now added her married name in her introduction? What the dancers may not like is the lengthy staircase taking them to the third tier boxes.

Looking forward to an interesting fall season.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

No guy hit the dance floor with the charisma or fanbase of Hines or the sex appeal and natural ability of Gilles (though he did not win) on the first night. No lady last night danced with the name Jennifer or Nicole.

Although J.R. is inspirational and moved well, he didn't look guaranteed out of that pack to win it all from night one. Although Ricki has danced professionally in a play and she and Derek glided along well together, she didn't look like she was assured of winning it all either.
    The judges did not rave over one couple and go overboard.

For me, the biggest enjoyment of last night's show came when I realized that I did not know - or have a good idea which usually pans out - who is going to win at the end of this season. I liked that!
    karalott and KatesMom like this.

I also liked the fact that there wasn't a standout winner as in the past season's. There were stars that didn't dance as well as others but, no one was so bad that they couldn't improve in the weeks ahead. I think the elimination tonight will be based on a popularity vote and not on dancing skills.

FORT Regular

I would love to be in a room with Chaz, David, and Carson. With their senses of humor, I bet it would be hysterical!

+ Reply to Thread