+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: 9/19 Season Premiere Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/19 Season Premiere Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Ron and Elisabette worse of the evening.... wow.... The rest were all about the same.... JR stood out and so did Chynna. Chaz should have gotten higher scores the way they were raving about him. Nancy was pretty light on her feet.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I really liked Chynna...she was a surprise. J.R. and Karina...another surprise. Both Chaz and David Arquette had so much fun...they will do well once they relax more. Carson Kressley...awesome...he surprised me!

David has alot of potential.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I just threw all my votes to Carson/Anna, because I enjoyed them and thought they were lowballed a bit in comparison to some of the dancers who preceded them. I never had trouble getting through, which worries me a bit.

I could've lived without listening to Dana Delaney promote her show twelve times. If they're going to put you through promos every time you call in, at least they could vary them up a little.
    Debbie8863, Debbie8863 and jucamer like this.

Mark obviously still doesn't care if he outshines his partner. Bummer for her. I think Mark cares more about his spats than his partner.

Tony, on other hand, is master of highlighting his partner. Amazing how he can almost fade into the background while still supportive.

Rob was better, and less annoying, than I expected. Kardashians in audience are annoying, but hard to complain since they are probably bigger stars than anyone in the cast.

Judges were pretty annoying for week 1...silly to be so mean first week.

The model looked terrified by the entire experience; starting out in bed didn't help. Maybe partner figured he better go all in before she gets sent home. Doesn't look good for her.

Ricki didn't do much for me. Somehow telling everyone that she is on the show to lose weight makes it hard to believe whatever the dance was supposed to say.

Nancy can go anytime, although her partner is good.

Go Hope!

Overall, should have spent less money on stage, more money on stars.
    karalott and dougrayfan like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Just flipping through my TV and came across an old episode of The Golden Girls. It's the one where Sophia/Dorothy enter the Shady Pines beauty pageant and perform their talent dressed as Sonny/Cher. I know Chaz said the last thing he wants to do is dance to his parents songs or dress like them, but makes me wonder if the producers will override his feelings at some point.

Wasn't impressed tonight but it wasn't a total trainwreck as some fall seasons start out as. At least nearly everyone seems like they have potential, even if it'll take some longer to get there. Ron was completely forgettable, though going first didn't help. I've been wanting to see Peta as a pro on here since season 10, but that routine totally lacked anything. It was the worst of the night, and deserved lower than a 14. It wasn't even entertaining. However, I think his fanbase will carry him, but I don't care for the guy. Rob wasn't as horrible as I predicted, but I also think ballroom will be easier for him than latin. I really hope the producers don't try and keep him around just to outdo Kim and have that story line. Khloe needs to zip it. My least favorite of that family, right along with mama Kris. I feel like Cheryl's really playing it on thick, just like Tony did saying he and Kate could go all the way. Maybe Cheryl has a future in comedy. I don't expect Rob to make it to week 5. Hopefully he's gone tomorrow.

I thought Kristin would be better based on reports. She wasn't horrible and I do think nerves played a part. But I don't think Mark will do her any favors. Not only did I find Audrina a better dancer week 1, I also liked her personality more. I felt like Kristin was putting on a front. I'm thinking she won't like it if she winds up on the wrong side of the judges. Nancy wasn't the terrible trainwreck I expected, either, but for some reason I thought she'd be better. I love Tristan, and his accent isn't that hard to understand. I think it's dreamy. I hope Tristan gets another chance next season with a better partner. Nancy probably has the support to last a few weeks, but I'd be surprised if she gets much better. She wasn't that great tonight, and I don't think it was all nerves. Elisabetta's cha cha was better than I thought it would be. She's definitely got enormous potential and I think once she gets comfortable, she'll do a lot better. Insider reports about her being shy and withdrawn were right. Plus, I don't think the language barrier is helping. I was surprised at the lack of props tonight, but I wonder whose idea they really are-the couples or the producers. Anyway, I doubt I have to worry about Val returning next season even if they are voted off tomorrow. She did seem stiff but dancing with Val she seemed fantastic. I thought David was underscored. Truthfully, while Chyna's VW was beautiful, I wasn't that impressed like everyone else. I wonder if she can handle latin. She showed more personality in the dance than I was expecting.

Obviously the last couples to go were among the best. Hope/Maks definitely delivered. She came out like most athletes. She needs work, but she's got a lot going for her, isn't a dud, and will no doubt put her skills and work ethic to good use. J.R. was the best of the night, dance wise. I think he deserved to share the top of the leaderboard by himself. Ricki was good, but I'm anxious to see her latin. I was actually bored by it. Chaz was probably the biggest surprise, because I totally expected a trainwreck of epic proportions. I'm glad he came through and was able to put on a good dance. Whether he'll get better we'll see, but he'll no doubt be around awhile. He has an amazing attitude. And on that note, what else can be said about Carson? I love him! I hope he gets the encore tomorrow.

In all, a slow and dull start, but Brooke seemed somewhat more competent, and I liked the judges actually dishing out lower scores and critiques, Bruno staying seated, and not a lot of infighting. Don't really care for the new stage. Singers are as bad as ever, and the songs were dull.
    jucamer likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I thought the show was pretty great and totally enjoyed it. Except for those darn singers. My pre show faves were Ricki, JR, Carson and Chynna. But I was pleasantly surprised by David, Hope and Chaz. I don't even know who to vote for tonight because I liked so many of them!

I really hoped Nancy fell on her face, literally. Cannot stand that woman. Kristin wasn't as good as Audrina was. While Ron and Rob weren't all that good, I think Elisabetta will go home tomorrow night. Supermodels who were more well known have usually been the first boots. Famous for being a star's ex girlfriend? Even with Val C as her partner she's toast.

I could see some of them were super nervous, I dont think we can imagine how nerve wracking it is.I know when i used to dance I would get physically ill.

Clooney's ex , was boring.( I thought Val was like Mark very showy) .I cant see her making it past week 2.Or the first guy or might go

I adore that Derek is back, I really really missed him

Chynna was very good, Nancy Grace is like Kirsti, very very light on her feet. Good show.Kudos to them all for trying

I was flipping between this and 2 1/2 Men. They need to put the latter out of it's misery. Ashton is no Charlie. When you have to resort to nudity in the premiere show, you just know it's going downhill fast!
    Ron / Metta World Peace was not very good. And, he looked like a poor man's Dennis Rodman to boot! LOL. I also wasn't sure if his dancing made his partner look bad, but it must have, 'cause she seemed totally off, too.
    I'd never seen Kristin before. She seems to have some rhythm, so perhaps she'll improve. Just doesn't come across too likable, does she?
    Rob K. has a lot more poise than his sister Kim did.
    Cheryl had a lot of work done on her face, it seems. I almost didn't recognize her. Although I couldn't bear Khloe in the audience every week, Rob seemed to put forth a lot of effort and I give him credit for that.
    Chynna danced with a lot of grace and elegance. Hope to see Tony get lucky this season.
    I've not seen Maks' brother before. Did not care for that dance. The opening sure turned off Len. I guess Val is a rebel, too. He's a good dancer, but He's not, IMO, good looking like Maks to be able to get away with those antics. Elisabetta seemed sweet and seemed like she was trying; though she's fairly stiff. Val's attitude just turned me off, though.
    I am not a fan of Nancy's at all, but I thought she did pretty well. She also looked like she was having a lot of fun. Good for her.
    Hope reminded me of Erin a lot. Both are tall and on the gangly side. While I thought she had very good chemistry with Maks and you could tell she probably practiced a lot, her movements are not very graceful and lack fluidity. I think her work ethic will take her fayr, though, along with Maks' fanbase.
    I really enjoyed David A. It was obvious he was having fun out there and you can also see that he comes from a long line of performers. I hope he gets to continue on. He's having fun.
    Carson was not the best dancer, but he was a lot of fun to watch. And, paired with Anna, he'll probably get to stay on and entertain us in the weeks to come.
    I love having the Hough back!! Ricki is certainly not a ringer, so I sure hope everyonme will leave Derek alone this season and just enjoy what a terrific dancer / choreographer he is. Ricki has a lot of musicality and I hope she'll be able to build confidence and loosen up more as the weeks go by.
    Chaz was better than I expected. So glad for him!! I sure hope he gets to lose weight, too. Chaz may even make Lacey seem more pleasant this season!
    JR is totally inspirational and I do think the pairing with Karina is a good one. JR also seems to have some natural ability on the dance floor. Good for him. He's probably not going anywhere for a while.
    This premiere, though, was very lackluster.
    There was very little energy; the new set / staging dominates everything and it shouldn't be that way. Hope it improves, as it was a total snoozefest, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I forgot to mention this, but I thought Chaz sounded vaguely familiar, and then I realized why. I think he sounds a little like his father.
    He totally sounded like Sonny. Spooky!

I thought he did a good job, especially sine I had heard he had two left feet.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread