+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: J.R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff: Season 13

FORT Fogey

Re: J.R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff: Season 13

Definitely voting for JR! Usually I wouldn't decide that ahead of time, but Rob is just not that good despite some improvement and clever choreography by Cheryl to hide his weaknesses and emphasize his booty to get CA all excited. Ricki is just mediocre, and as others have said, she probably would not have gotten this far without Derek's choreography, which can make just about anyone look better than they are. JR can do it all! He'd be as great with Cheryl, Kym, Anna or any female pro because he is just that good. He lost some points last week only because of his injury. Please, Lord, let him be back up to full speed tonight!
    TIA__MA likes this.

Amen! Go JR!!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

My heart sank a bit during JR's cha-cha because I could see he was off just a little and knew the judges were going to slam him because they expected better. I do think Len's 7 was brutal, though! Sorry to say, I think it was Karina's fault to choreograph a dance with JR dancing so much of it by himself ... not that he isn't spectacular, but I just think it would have been a better dance if they were in hold more. Notice Derek keeps Ricki in hold quite a bit. There were split-second pauses in D/R's first dance when Derek was doing the fancy stuff while Ricki waited for him to put her in hold again.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    My heart sank a bit during JR's cha-cha because I could see he was off just a little and knew the judges were going to slam him because they expected better. I do think Len's 7 was brutal, though! Sorry to say, I think it was Karina's fault to choreograph a dance with JR dancing so much of it by himself ... not that he isn't spectacular, but I just think it would have been a better dance if they were in hold more. Notice Derek keeps Ricki in hold quite a bit. There were split-second pauses in D/R's first dance when Derek was doing the fancy stuff while Ricki waited for him to put her in hold again.
    Noticed that too.

FORT Fogey

I wonder if Karina wasn't thinking she had to take the risk to let J.R. dance more on his own, because she's still concerned, especially after last week, about not being able to win this thing without looking significantly better than anyone else. Len, I think, said that it was ambitious to let him do so much of the dance alone and if it had worked out, it would have likely resulted in high scores. They both said they'd nailed it in rehearsal too. I think J.R. just tried too hard and got ahead of himself. If she'd kept him more in hold, they could also have gotten dinged for not doing something challenging enough for the finals. The risk didn't work, but I kind of understand why Karina might have been compelled to try it.

I do think, however, that she will be darned careful to include nothing in the jive tonight that isn't absolutely jive--they may be repeating the jive, but I bet she eliminates anything that could be mistaken for a Lindy Hop by Len. I think they both may be looking at the jive as a sort of redemption dance for them--they're going to fix what was criticized before and prove that J.R. can do a more traditional jive well.

JR and Diana welcomed a baby girl today!
    Dancing With the Stars Winner J.R. Martinez Welcomes a Baby Girl!

Today 9:00 PM PDT by Bruna Nessif

It looks like J.R. Martinez may have found a new dance partner.

The Iraq war veteran and mirror-ball trophy winner and his girlfriend Diana Gonzalez-Jones welcomed a daughter tonight in Los Angeles, according to People.

So what's her name?

Everyone, meet little Lauryn Anabelle Martinez. Kinda rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?

"She's already got a nickname—Belle," Martinez, 28, tells People of his newborn baby girl. "She has a couple of cute little freckles on her cheeks, a full head of hair and the cutest little lips," he said. "It's just amazing to see her, finally. She's beautiful."

Lauryn weighed in at 7 lbs., 13 oz. and is 21 inches long.

"2011 has been full of a lot of surprises and opportunities and ultimately, a lot of blessings," Martinez told the mag when the pregnancy was announced. "Diana and I were just asking ourselves, 'How is 2012 going to top 2011?' Well, we have our answer!"

Congratulations!

Read more: Dancing With the Stars Winner J.R. Martinez Welcomes a Baby Girl! - E! Online
    Dancing With the Stars Winner J.R. Martinez Welcomes a Baby Girl! - E! Online
    karalott, ness, GabbyG and 4 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678