+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: J.R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff: Season 13

Re: J.R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff: Season 13

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    Somebody on the All My Children site reported that JR hurt his ankle badly. I hope this is not true, or that it will not pull him out. If so that would most likely mean another Derek win again. I could not handle another win for him.
    If that's true, you hope that he can manage to at least dance well enough to get a decent score to carry him through to next week. I can't imagine his fans wouldn't vote him through. We still have this week and next to go. As much as I enjoy seeing Derek dance, I don't want to see him win again this season.
    karalott, mandmmom2 and jucamer like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think this is why I hate when they up the number of dances they have to do just to fill 2 hours. There's 3 dances tonight, and I'd much rather see quality over quantity as it is. But the more dances there are, the more at risk the pros and celebs are at getting injured. One of the pros on Strictly had to pull out this week due to a spine fracture as a result of all the bending and twisting that has come with years of dance. It reminds me of season 9, where it felt like they were just throwing dances and turning them into marathons, group numbers, megamixes, or whatever, just to kill time. I hope J.R. makes out okay. He's my only hope for beating Ricki.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by indy1945 View Post
    If that's true, you hope that he can manage to at least dance well enough to get a decent score to carry him through to next week. I can't imagine his fans wouldn't vote him through. We still have this week and next to go. As much as I enjoy seeing Derek dance, I don't want to see him win again this season.
    Oh Lord, I hope not!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    Somebody on the All My Children site reported that JR hurt his ankle badly. I hope this is not true, or that it will not pull him out. If so that would most likely mean another Derek win again. I could not handle another win for him.
    Jennifer Grey danced her way to the mirrorball trophy with a back that was scheduled for immediate surgery after the competition was over. I am believing the best for J. R.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Jennifer Grey danced her way to the mirrorball trophy with a back that was scheduled for immediate surgery after the competition was over. I am believing the best for J. R.
    And Grey imho wasn't as good as JR. He just seemed off last night, more than the pain. I loved seeing his GF in the audience

After his first dance last night, I wondered if they'd give JR some type of painkiller to get through the rest of the night. After his second dance (which was high-scoring) in which he still acted despondent, I suspect he did take something to get him through. Is there any painkiller that would numb the pain without compromising his sharpness/technique?

My votes are for JR tonight!
    karalott, TIA__MA and catzy like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

J.R.'s the only one I have any sort of interest watching tonight. If people who get to watch live are saying the others are worth checking out, I'll tune in and see whether it's a trainwreck or not. But I don't care about the other 2, and they're likely playing for 2nd and 3rd. I have to think J.R. is so far out there that they can pretend it's an unpredictable contest and not have to worry. I love that Maks put his support behind J.R., whereas some pros will just say 'everyone deserves it' (which in some cases has been true). It doesn't sound like his ankle will be any hinderance to him, if Karina's description of the freestyle and them re-doing their illegal-lift-pulling-lindy-jive is anything to go on. I'm really anxious to see what Karina comes up with for a freestyle, since she's only had one chance to do it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    J.R.'s the only one I have any sort of interest watching tonight. If people who get to watch live are saying the others are worth checking out, I'll tune in and see whether it's a trainwreck or not. But I don't care about the other 2, and they're likely playing for 2nd and 3rd. I have to think J.R. is so far out there that they can pretend it's an unpredictable contest and not have to worry. I love that Maks put his support behind J.R., whereas some pros will just say 'everyone deserves it' (which in some cases has been true). It doesn't sound like his ankle will be any hinderance to him, if Karina's description of the freestyle and them re-doing their illegal-lift-pulling-lindy-jive is anything to go on. I'm really anxious to see what Karina comes up with for a freestyle, since she's only had one chance to do it.
    When Chaz and Lacey were interviewed after their ouster, they didn't hesitate when asked who they thought should win. They both immediately said J.R.

Good luck J.R & Karina!!!
    I know you'll do fine tonight
    Love and hugs from Canada! xD

On a serious note, if the judges gives crap scores for this couple so they can have their favourites come up on top, I don't know what to think anymore. I didn't think they would do another "instant" dance, can I say *cough* fix/rig *cough* for one of their favourites to win? Dx If J.R doesn't win tmr, DWTS will lose a lot of viewers, me included! I been watching since season 1, I'm not an avid viewer cuz I skipped 2,3 and 9 (well season 9 was a given, after I saw D.O names on the ads I knew he would win) I hope they don't pull a season 1 winner, because I remembered that Kelly won over John O' Hurley which I thought the results were wrong (that was 2005 I think? And I was like 12! Even as a kids I thought John should have won, this is my IMO)

Anyways go J.R!!
    Going to vote for J.R tonight!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast