+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: J.R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff: Season 13

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: J.R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff: Season 13

These two got screwed last night. In no way was their jive equal to Rob's. Same with Chynna. Sure, Karina shouldn't have put the lift in. But it should have gotten straight 8s. I wish they'd do away with the judges all together. Or that CA would hop over to FOX and judge SYTYCD. I think she'd be more in her element there. I'm waiting for the day DWTS adds a 4th judge to rival CA's critiques. I'd like to see them get the encore, forbidden lift or not, because their dance was one of the few I enjoyed last night.
    BTW likes this.

I thought this guys dance was the best of the night. Plus he looked adorable in that outfit..lol I can see him winning the whole shebang. He has all of the winning qualities plus he's a real life hero. I think the thing I love most about him is the fact that he doesnt' seem a bit shy of the way he looks. It is what it is and that attitude is very attractive to me. And that smile gets me every time he flashes it.
    BTW, Blues Songstres and moflan like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

His personality, charm, wit, and smile are infectious. You can't help but root for him. I absolutely loved their dance, and (in the two weeks that the show has been on) has been the best so far. That jive was pure entertainment. Sometimes I think pros can overdo the story arc, gimmicks, or flashy moves, but Karina had the right amount of everything. I loved J.R.'s reaction to Len saying he did a lindy hop, and in the confessional saying he couldn't even remember what it was called so how did he do it Karina is far from my favorite pro, but I'm happy for her this season. The routines she's choreographed so far have been among my favorite. I look forward to watching him week after week.

WOW!!! J.R. and Karina easily had the best dance of the night. It was stunning. The crowd reaction was spectacular. J.R. and Karina already have great chemistry. I think they are real contenders for the mirror ball. Their chemistry is fantastic and they are obviously enjoying themselves. They remind me of Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani who were my faves in Season 8.
    tapper01 likes this.

Who is John Galt?

J.R. is adorable and a very good dancer. He has good rhythm, good musicality, and is well-coordinated. The added plus is his delightful personality and wonderful attitude. We can all learn a lesson from him. He is the epitomy of the old adage: "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade".

I agree...they got robbed! IMO their dance was far better than Derek & Ricki's.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I haven't been this excited by a contestant since Gilles. A real-life hero who has incredible charisma and who can really dance! He has my vote.
    karalott and AlwaysVeg like this.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't know what the judges have against J.R. This is the second week in a row that I felt he was low-scored. At least last week, the low-scoring was from a technicality (the lift). I don't know why he didn't receive a higher score this week.

I had to get a tissue after their dance. I thought it was absolutely beautiful!

In all honesty, I was going "What the heck" in regard to JR's scoring. Maybe not a 30 but they should be at worst tied with Derek and Rikki for first.

This dance was beautiful - JR showcased Karina and his own skills. In fact, I wouldn't have thought about any injuries or the like because he danced so gracefully. He rivals Evan from a couple of seasons ago in his grace - and unlike Evan, he's NOT a figure skater.

Personally, I hope this isn't a habit of the judges because I think we'll all be mad if Derek or Mark win the trophy when we have a very good competitor in JR.

(BTW, I also think they're punishing the duo because of Karina and I don't know why except somehow holding a grudge about her reaction - rather tame, to comments last year they made regarding her leopard costume.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast