+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: J.R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff: Season 13

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: J.R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff: Season 13

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan View Post
    I'm SO excited about this pair. I'm a big Karina fan, and the more I read about JR, the more I like him. Such an inspiration. Hope they go far!
    Karina's choregraphed a lot of my favorite routines on here. She's definitely had her share of duds, so I'm glad she can get contenders every once in awhile. But in thinking back to past partners that could actually move, it seems like they always wind up on the wrong side of the judges and getting thrown under the bus (Mario 2.0, Aaron-even though I didn't like him and thought he kind of deserved it, and Ralph). It seems like the article calling Kristin and J.R. front runners was right. Although I think there's other celebs not far behind, and who will probably get much better. This group reminds me of last season, in terms of dance ability. Only one real stinker (Rob), a couple that don't seem too good (Chaz, Nancy), and the rest are either in the middle or front runners

I'm rooting for J.R. Even though Maks is my favorite, I will vote for J.R. What an inspiration! Anyone who puts their life on the line to defend our freedoms is a hero in my eyes.

Well, I am partial. (see signature).
    karalott and lilcountriegal like this.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

Bjaminsmom, I agree: anyone who puts their life on the line is a hero in my eyes, too.

Kara, I'm also a little worried that they will throw JR and Karina under the bus. HOPEFULLY since he is a war hero, the judges/producers will treat him with more respect (I realize I might be dreaming, LOL). I like how last season and this season the celebs are seem to be on pretty equal footing (with the except of one or 2 not so good dancers)

Looking forward to seeing them, but I just have to ask....

Has Karina really gone blonde? What's with all the brunettes thinking they need to be blondes. Not loving the look!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

I think he will go far no matter how he dances. The posts here reflect how the public feels about war veterans.

God bless him, I hope he rocks out there! How could you not be voting for the guy!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    God bless him, I hope he rocks out there! How could you not be voting for the guy!

This is the reason I think he will last a long time, no matter how good he is. He will have huge support given his circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Looking forward to seeing them, but I just have to ask....

Has Karina really gone blonde? What's with all the brunettes thinking they need to be blondes. Not loving the look!
    I think that's an old photo of Karina. From their promo shot together, her hair is back to being dark. I actually liked her better when she highlighted her hair. It made her appearance seem softer and gentler. It worked for her, but I think some should leave their hair the color it was intended to be.

Really excited about tonight! Whether J.R. nails his performance or not, he's obviously already won a special place in fans hearts and will no doubt be an inspiration throughout his time on the show. I really can't see him leaving early. Perhaps late/middle of the pack, but I wouldn't be surprised if his fan support takes him to the finals. I applaud him first for his service, and also for not letting what could have been something devasting take over his life. Much like Chaz, I think he'll definitely make an impact.

The dance of the night These two had some fun interactions in their rehearsal package. Karina with her 'butt in, you're J.R. not JLo' and J.R. saying he only has one ear so he can only hear half a sentence. No wonder that guy can go out there and give a performance like that, he's got an amazing attitude. Totally makes you look at life and think if he can overcome all he has and still smile that pretty smile...I would make an early prediction these two could be finals bound. It'd be Karina's second time, so it'd be interesting to see what she could pull out of her hat for a freestyle again. Some celebs do well with once style, but not the other, however I think J.R. will be just as amazing with latin as he is with ballroom. I don't think any VW was anywhere near there's.

I think I liked Karina better with lighter hair, but I wasn't digging her style tonight.
    Bunny555 likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I wonder if Susan Lucci and Cameron Mathison (his fellow All My Children co-stars who also appeared on DWTS) gave J.R. any pointers before he came on the show? I was hoping he would do well and he did! I can't wait to see him take on a Latin dance. The Viennesse Waltz is a very difficult dance to start with and he nailed that so he should do well other dances.

Lord knows there is plenty of dead weight this season. J.R. should sail through fine for the next couple of weeks as some of the weaker stars are eliminated, as long as the worse dancers don't have a big fan base pulling them through. Between his soap fans and war hero fans, though, he should have a pretty good fan base, too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast