+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Nancy Grace & Tristan MacManus: Season 13

FORT Fogey

Re: Nancy Grace & Tristan MacManus: Season 13

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Nuh uh. Seriously????? She's pretty adamant, from what I understand, that she was wearing "Petals" that cover the nipple and prevent them from showing through clothes. From what I understood, what actually might have shown was a flesh-toned piece of silicone. Y'all can Google 'em if you're not familiar.

Besides, I agree that this was clearly not meant to happen and since then it seems her necklines have gotten increasingly higher. If she makes the finals I fully expect to see her in a turtleneck!

I saw it in a scroll across the bottom of the screen on E!, so take it for what it's worth. If FCC investigates and all they find that it was just a petal, it will be dismissed, I'm sure. Personally, I tend to think it was, for the simple reason that after the Janet Jackson Super Bowl costume malfunction, I would guess the show is careful to avoid that kind of thing.

It's not just that the necklines have gotten higher either--the material in that dress was a lot lighter weight (at least in the bodice) and there wasn't as much built in support. I'd think if I were Nancy, I'd be more comfortable in what she's been wearing since, just because it's easier to do anything athletic in nature if you've got adequate support up top. No one likes to feel like they're bouncing all over the place.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
    I can take or leave Nancy...but I sure love looking at Tristan...hope HE continues to stay around for awhile longer
    Tristan's my new DWTS eyecandy, so the only good thing about Nancy advancing is that he gets to stay, too. I guess he's getting a lot of publicity in his home country of Ireland. Nancy's definitely been using the opportunity on her show to promote herself, and CNN is doing a pretty big job. Val was one of the pros she had on her panel the other night, and he had a lot of good things to say about Nancy/Tristan's partnership and why he thinks Nancy is doing so well (mainly she lets her guard down and shows she's vulnerable-which is what I think is 99% of celeb's problems when they come on here, is that they don't do either). Nancy shows this softer side of herself, whether it's all an act or she really has that gentler persona, but then she makes comments like she did about Amanda Knox, and I think back to all her assaults on alleged defendants later found to be innocent, and it makes me wonder who the real Nancy is. I wonder if the donation she's going to make to the NCMEC of her show winnings is contributing to her sticking around. Many felt Marie Osmond was helped out by her charity connections when she did the show. I'm really curious what her jive will look like, as Tristan said their song is fun but fast. I think her dancing leaves a lot to be desired, and I find it pretty unmemorable.

RE: nipgate. Really? Do these people have nothing better to do than watch TV shows like a hawk and report on things they found offensive? If it was intentional, yes, fine the living crap out of them. I thought her first two costumes were hideous, and wondered what she did to tick off the wardrobe department. That said, I never would have even known about any so-called wardrobe malfunction had it not been for the shots of the stone faced audience and Tom saying something about that type of footage being okay in Europe.
    GoingInCircles likes this.

FORT Fogey

They're probably the same people who go through library books and text books and classify and categorize all the naughty words so they can get the books banned.
    karalott likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345