+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Nancy Grace & Tristan MacManus: Season 13

FORT Fogey

Re: Nancy Grace & Tristan MacManus: Season 13

I don't follow Nancy Grace but I've seen her enough to know that there are parts of her that I really like. On the flip side, there is something about her tone of voice and flare for the dramatics that I get the feeling she isn't always telling the truth.

I do like that she is doing DWTS, though. She certainly doesn't need the money or the fame. To do it for the fun of it given that knows full well she'd be competing against people more beloved, younger, skinnier, less boob-endowed, etc. says something. I hope it say she is doing this for the sheer experience - which I love.

FORT Fogey

I don't watch her show but I certainly have seen enough to know her on air personality. It appears that she has developed a style and persona to set her apart from other lawyer commentators. I like her on this show; it is nice to see what is under the character we see on TV.

And yes, she did say she was doing this for fun and the experience.
    Prism likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Tristan's a keeper.

I wouldn't mind losing Nancy. She adds nothing. Her dancing is okay, but it hasn't gotten any better or worse. It just is. Her paso was forgettable. A forgettable mess, that is. I wonder if the producers cast her hoping she'd show this different, softer side to her personality to give viewers a different glimpse of herself (which I think is completely fake), or if they were hoping she'd be her usual self and pick some fights with the judges and be dramatic in rehearsals. She and Tristan seem to be getting along great, so I guess she can't be that bad. But it's one of those things where I see Tristan and think 'he has a partner?', because all I remember is him not her.

mkp
    FORT Newbie

Tristan has replaced Maks for me as well! Finally, after six years, we have another male pro who can give Maks a run for his money. He is very different from Maks - like you said - very understated.

I cannot imagine the producers not bringing him back next season. He and Val were in that ABC piece about the two new sexy heart throbs on the show. So I think the producers are set on keeping the two of them - and with all the female attention that Tristan has been receiving, they know he will keep the female viewers coming back again and again.

I have been voting for this pair simply because of Tristan. Their Passo was horrible last night unfortunately. Nancy just didn't get the 'attitude' of the dance. She has pretty much stayed the same since day one and has not improved. I think they are in danger of going home tonight.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Nancy's been devoting part of her show every night to DWTS, and has featured (mostly) Tristan, Peta, Val, and Chelsie on the panel. But to my surprise, Edyta actually showed up last night! I figured she was done doing anything DWTS related. Nancy and Tristan were also going to be on the Rosie show on OWN (it might be next week, I can't remember the date). We've seen a softer, much less aggressive side of Nancy during her DWTS stint. Makes me wonder if the producers were hoping for that, or wanted her to be a walking and talking disaster. Truthfully, I was hoping for some good fights with her and the judges. I usually hate that, but this season can't get much worse, so it really wouldn't have mattered. I must say, even though I've seen this side to Nancy before, she's talking this much more seriously than I expected. I guess I didn't expect her to give up, but you can tell there's a level of friendship and respect, mixed with playful banter with her and Tristan. I pitied the poor guy when I heard he was partnered with her, and still wish Derek had her, but they haven't been a trainwreck, and I haven't been thinking 'Free Tristan!' like I expected to be. Tristan's certainly made an impact as a newbie pro, so I hope the show takes notice and brings him back. With a stronger contender to see what he can really do.

I think Nancy has a pretty solid, hardcore, rabid fanbase, and she's certainly working it on keeping her in. But I won't be overly surprised if her time is coming to an end. I potentially see her outlasting Hope, but I'd be surprised to see her overtake David, Chaz, J.R., a Kardashian, and a Hough. If she's not gone this week (and she has the foxtrot, and ballroom has certainly been kinder to her), I'm thinking next week, barring a disaster from someone else or Hope upping her game this week. The rumor this week (and I'm thinking/hoping that's all it is), is that she'll be doing a hand stand during the group dance I kind of think that's a playful rumor, but if it turned out to be true, it makes me worry what the others might do to top it.

I can take or leave Nancy...but I sure love looking at Tristan...hope HE continues to stay around for awhile longer
    JavaJo likes this.

FORT Regular

Does Nancy have a rabid fanbase a la Marie Osmond?

FORT Fogey

I have come to adore this woman! The close relationship she developed with Chaz is heart warming. She cannot win but she is better than Hope. She has lost 21 pounds and it shows! Ricki, JR and Nancy as final 3 works for me! She has a huge fan base so this is possible.
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fogey

I just saw a report last night that the FCC is investigating obscenity complaints lodged against DWTS by viewers because of Nancy's nip slip (which I somehow completely missed). I find it amusing that considering how much skin the show has deliberately exposed over the years that an obvious accidental slip is suddenly this huge problem for viewers. Did they miss the Edyta seasons? It's pretty clear, at least to me, that Nancy's dress wasn't meant to be overtly revealing. It just wasn't built that well, and something gave. I've noticed that since then, they've made sure her girls are getting proper support, so I can't believe there needs to be an investigation of something that was clearly an accident.

Of course, it does make one wonder if Nancy will cover Nipgate on her show.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I just saw a report last night that the FCC is investigating obscenity complaints lodged against DWTS by viewers because of Nancy's nip slip (which I somehow completely missed). I find it amusing that considering how much skin the show has deliberately exposed over the years that an obvious accidental slip is suddenly this huge problem for viewers. Did they miss the Edyta seasons? It's pretty clear, at least to me, that Nancy's dress wasn't meant to be overtly revealing. It just wasn't built that well, and something gave. I've noticed that since then, they've made sure her girls are getting proper support, so I can't believe there needs to be an investigation of something that was clearly an accident.

Of course, it does make one wonder if Nancy will cover Nipgate on her show.
    Nuh uh. Seriously????? She's pretty adamant, from what I understand, that she was wearing "Petals" that cover the nipple and prevent them from showing through clothes. From what I understood, what actually might have shown was a flesh-toned piece of silicone. Y'all can Google 'em if you're not familiar.

Besides, I agree that this was clearly not meant to happen and since then it seems her necklines have gotten increasingly higher. If she makes the finals I fully expect to see her in a turtleneck!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast