+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Nancy Grace & Tristan MacManus: Season 13

Re: Nancy Grace & Tristan MacManus: Season 13

When they showed the audience sitting there on their hands I thought there was some organized protest against her, but you could hear people clapping so it didn't make sense. Explanation makes sense, but you would think they could go to a live crowd shot instead of a taped segment, or just blur the live picture until things were under cover. Wonder if they'll explain during tonight's show.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    When they showed the audience sitting there on their hands I thought there was some organized protest against her, but you could hear people clapping so it didn't make sense. Explanation makes sense, but you would think they could go to a live crowd shot instead of a taped segment, or just blur the live picture until things were under cover. Wonder if they'll explain during tonight's show.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they do, since some people thought it was a protest against Nancy. Of course, they already gave an explanation to the press, so they might figure that's enough. They get enough random shots of the floor, ceiling, etc by accident, so I don't know why they just didn't do that. No one would have probably thought anything about it. Then again, this brings up watercooler talk and possible ratings boost.

http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmu...ggling-2011279

During her jive routine, the buxom HLN host spilled out of her form-fitting brown dress. After ABC quickly cut away to a static shot of the audience, Grace readjusted her dress and buried her face in partner Tristan MacManus' shoulder.
    It'd be nice if US Weekly would check its facts, as she danced the quickstep, not the jive.

Although I love Tom's explanation from his twitter:

Unfortunately, the stock shot used was from an old theme week: Sedation Night.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-27-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Tristan is really growing on me. The more I see of him on the show, the more I'm liking him. I hope they bring him back next season.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Tristan is really growing on me. The more I see of him on the show, the more I'm liking him. I hope they bring him back next season.
    The only reason I'd support Nancy sticking around is because of Tristan. He's dreamy I don't put a lot of stock in online polls, but there was one on ABC's website asking which male pro was the hottest, and Tristan came in first with over 40% of the vote, whereas Mark and Maks were in second and third with 20% of the vote. Tom made a joke in an interview that Derek and Maks better not find out they're being replaced I do hope they give Tristan another chance next season. He's definitely sky rocketed into being a fan favorite, which doesn't mean anything-some other one or two time pros were big fan favorites but never saw the ballroom again. I know some of us speculated last season that they were bringing the troupe on as a way to start weeding out the long time pros. I wonder if they'll downgrade Tristan and Peta back to the troupe and move two more up to replace them, or if they're trying to see who goes over well with audiences.

Nancy looked cute this week. True, I think the people in wardrobe hate her, but her hair looked nice. I expected the exact opposite reaction from what I'm getting from her and Tristan's partnership. Sort of thinking I'd feel sorry for the pro, and she'd give me every reason to dislike her and that she would totally be whiny and unwilling to work and learn. I guess I should have figured otherwise. I don't know how much longer she is for the show, but I'm happy she's at least trying and giving it her all. She handled her wardrobe malfunction very well.

FORT Fogey

I am enjoying Nancy Grace. She is working hard and we are seeing her real personality. I hope she sticks around for awhile.

Who is John Galt?

I agree with Karalott about Tristan. He is absolutely adorable!! He has actually replaced Maks for me as being the sexiest male pro - although his sex appeal is more understated and that cute Irish accent helps. Nancy is just okay - more middle of the pack. I can relate to her story as I experienced a similar problem in childbirth, but I respect her brains, guts, outspoken opinions (even if I don't always agree with her).

As critics used to say in reviewing films and plays, "Loved him, hated her."

Even though Chass is a dreadful dancers, I hope Nancy Grace is the next to leave. I wish she'd been the first to go.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I find her to be the epitomy of evil disguised as good. Indeed, she was one of the catalysts which led to Miss Ducketts decison to commit suicide. While Grace showed no empathy and denied any responsibility for Miss Duckett's actions (which occurred after a vicious heavy handed grilling of Duckett) . After Grace's behavior was called into question by the media and the legal profession as a whole, Grace said Duckett committed suicide not because she was under extreme mental duress but because Miss Duckett was guilty of murder. Even though there wasn't and still isn't any evidence linking her to the dissapearence of her son , even though Miss Duckett suffered from mental illness and had attempted suicide in the past. suicide. Miss Grace admitted she was unaware of Duckett's mental health background at the time of the interview.
    IN 2010, She settled out of court with Duckett's family. She will pay 200,000 thousand a month in a trust fund set up for the boy. If he is found before his 18th birthday he will receive that stipend through his grandmother, via Grace. If he is found dead or not found by his 18th birthday money from the trust fund will be given to The Center For Missing and Expoited Children.

Also , In March 2006 an article in the New York Observer suggested that in her book Objection!, Grace had embellished the story of her college fiancé's 1979 murder and the ensuing trial to make it better support her image. Grace has described the tragedy as the impetus for her career as a prosecutor and victims' rights advocate, and has often publicly referred to the incident.[24] The Observer researched the murder and found several apparent contradictions between the events and Grace's subsequent statements, including the following:

* Her fiancé, Keith Griffin, was shot not at random by a stranger, but by a former coworker, Tommy McCoy.
    * McCoy did not have a prior criminal record and, rather than denying the crime, McCoy confessed the night of the murder.
    * The jury deliberated for a few hours, not days.
    * There was no ongoing string of appeals (McCoy's family did not want any). McCoy has only once filed a habeas petition, which was rejected.

Grace told the Observer she had not looked into the case in many years and "(tried) not to think about it". She said she made her previous statements about the case "with the knowledge I had."[24)
    Last edited by redsox girl; 10-06-2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: corrected information
    "You have to remember, sometimes your `buddy' isn't really your `buddy' in this game." -Donny

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I find her to be the epitomy of evil disguised as good. * [24)
    ITA. I just read where she was interviewed on DWTS this week after Amanda Knox had been found not guilty and said that Amanda was guilty because she (Nancy) had the evidence to prove it. Ya, right Nancy.

The first time I ever saw or heard of Nancy Grace was when Chandra Levy first went missing and all eyes pointed to Gary Condit. She was on Larry King Live as a regular panelist discussing the case, and I became an instant fan. I used to think I'd hate to be cross examined by her on the witness stand. Then along came Scott Peterson, and then she got her own show, and I grew tired of the image. Putting people down that don't agree with her, not letting them finish a sentence while they're trying to answer her question, the guilty until proven innocent mentality (which is what I really think is a disservice to any defendant or case in the media), always covering cases where it's easy to point the finger at the spouse/child/family member and ridiculing them because they don't do things the way she thinks they should have (when I finally turned her off for good was when she kept referring to her twins and how she'd rush to their room in the night to make sure they were still warm...I realize that probably goes along with the traumatic birth, but she threw it out there when she was pointing that finger at Misty Croslin or Casey Anthony). When Amanda Knox was convicted, I remember a lot of people slammed the Italian justice system for faulty evidence. I figure that what other countries do may not be right, but it's the way their legal system plays out, so maybe it'll shed light on the wrong doings. If Nancy had the evidence, why wasn't she in court in Italy instead of having a wardrobe malfunction in LA? I do remember reading an article about her fiance's murder, and it basically called her account out as a bunch of crap.

Other than that, I'm enjoying Tristan He's the only good thing about this partnership. I admire the fact that Nancy is way out of her comfort zone and is at least trying and respecting her partner. But I wouldn't miss her if she's gone next week. She has the paso doble, which I think she'll get into character just fine. Dance wise I'm a little afraid.
    BTW likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast