Re: Nancy Grace & Tristan MacManus: Season 13

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    He's Irish.
    I could grow to like that.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

I expect to see a much softer personality than her TV persona. I am looking forward to watching her for this very reason. Who is the real Nancy Grace?

I enjoyed their dance last night. I thought Nancy did surprisingly well. Of course, I usually have a soft spot for the bigger gals, since I am one myself Tristan is a hottie. Brooke is an idiot, as usual.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

The only thing I liked about her routine was the song choice. I love Cee Lo! I wonder if he'd ever consider competing on Dancing With the Stars?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    The only thing I liked about her routine was the song choice. I love Cee Lo! I wonder if he'd ever consider competing on Dancing With the Stars?
    I don't know if he could anytime soon, as he judges The Voice on NBC. At the very least, he couldn't do a spring season as that's when The Voice is airing. Tristan's a keeper. Love his accent. GoinginCircles, I agree with you completely about Brooke. I don't know if she thought she was being funny or if she's the only one who really had a hard time understanding him. I don't usually expect Brooke to be with the majority on things. I was half hoping Nancy would do better than she did. It was pretty bad, but she's got a little rhythm there. I doubt it'll amount to much. She seemed much more mellow than her pitbull persona from her TV show, which I did expect. Didn't like her outfit, but I give her credit for trying. And I wasn't sure what the point of her starting the dance at the desk was. At least Val's use of a bed prop made sense.

Who is John Galt?

I actually like Nancy Grace - she is ballsy and brash, but usually right-on about many things. Her partner, Tristan, is a super cutie-pie and I love the accent. But then, I've always had a soft spot for Irishmen.
    Last edited by aname2; 09-21-2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: mistyping

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I can't stand her and I hope her stay is very short. She may have that same rabid fan base that Bristol had and that concerns me as to how long she is there. Nancy needs to be knocked down a peg or two. While I do appreciate what she does and she is the only one who focuses on missing children/women I cannot respect a woman who acts so unprofessional on national TV. Especially towards her other lawyer colleagues. If they don't agree with her, she cuts them off, talks over them and if they keep going she has her producers cut their mike. The way she talks to her segment producers is quite rude and bossy too. I hope she has a minor slip on the stairs or something.
    GabbyG and chitex3 like this.

I was able to catch the last part of the elimination show. She come across a bit stand off-ish. When the last 3 couples were left, she kept up the same uptight face. She never congratulated or looked at the first couple announed safe (of the bottom 3), and then she didn't even say goodbye or hugged the couple sent home. For someone whose last name is Grace, she doesn't show it. Nancy is not gracious at all. I don't like her and hope she leaves soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    .... I cannot respect a woman who acts so unprofessional on national TV. Especially towards her other lawyer colleagues. If they don't agree with her, she cuts them off, talks over them and if they keep going she has her producers cut their mike. ...
    I agree. I've seen her on Good Morning American during the Casey Anthony case. As soon as she disagreed with the other attorney, she would cut him and not let him have his say. Very unprofessional and I'm sure she wouldn't stand for it being done to her. Dance-wise she is better than I thought but probably won't be around for too many more weeks.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I loved Len and CA going at it Normally I hate the fighting at the judges table, but I loved Len saying it was a proper quickstep and CA basically saying she doesn't mind rule breaking (which I think translates to razzamataz). I don't think it was worthy of an 8, but given how screwed up the scoring was tonight, I guess it evens out. Nancy was pretty impressive. I loved how discreet Tom was being at her near-wardrobe malfunction. She needs a better stylist. I didn't mind the dress, except it was too tight on the top. Have I mentioned I love Tristan's accent? And I love him in general.

Thirteen seasons in and you think the camera men would know what they're doing. What was up with the shots of people sitting silently and still in the audience? I have no opinion on Nancy leaving. I think her time is coming, unless she does wind up getting better and better. I wouldn't mind her outlasting a few couples, if only for Tristan. They make a pretty good team. And I didn't realize what a height difference there was. Makes me wonder why Louis wasn't included this season. He could have easily partnered half of the female pros.

ETA: Okay, I stand corrected. I guess the shots of the audience that was just sitting there was because Nancy actually had a wardrobe malfunction. Hopefully they fit her in a better top next week. I would think they'd figure out a solution to that so it wouldn't happen. And I really hope CA's comment about wanting more razz doesn't encourage certain other pros to break the rules even more. I'm waiting for Mark to moonwalk and breakdance during the tango.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-27-2011 at 03:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast