+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Rob Kardashian & Cheryl Burke: Season 13

FORT Fogey

Re: Rob Kardashian & Cheryl Burke: Season 13

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I honestly like this couple. Hope they win. Will throw them all my votes from now on.
    It's not as if we need more "Kardashian" in our lives, but I like Rob better each week. He's working hard and into the whole thing. That goes a long way with me.
    Shoepie and JavaJo like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I wonder if Mama Kardashian/Jenner made threats to the producers after Rob's first week, of Bruno talking back to Khloe, putting him in the bottom 3, the negative feedback and low scores from the judges, the negative edit, and a pre-season report that Rob was the laziest of the cast. I don't get the judges love with these two, unless it's all about Cheryl. Their paso was a lot of Rob walking, stomping, and posing. Just like his jive was. He was showing improvement last week, but he was back down there again, dance wise. I really hope he goes tomorrow. I just don't get it with him.

I'm actually starting to like him, too. He seems to be taking it more seriously now and really trying to learn the dances. Perhaps this show is doing him some good...maturing him a little and making him realize that hard work is the key, not only to the show but to life as well. From his PI's last night, it sounds like he's a little surprised that he's not minding the hard work as much anymore.

That said...Len used to ride Joey Fatone's ass (no pun intended) for sticking his big bum out when he danced. I wish he would call attention to that issue with Rob. I think Rob's frame and posture could benefit from tucking his Kardashian ass in a little.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Cheryl seems to have taken up Edyta's role (fabric is bad) this season, at least the last few weeks, so I'll put up with Rob for now to keep Cheryl.

FORT Fogey

Cheryl is a favorite of mine. Each season she looks very different. I hope she goes back to that soft cocoa colored hair (hown above) and shorter with no extentions. Her looks always shined above the others with her hair. I am so very done with extentions. For effect in a dance, sure, but everone wears them all over the place, all the time and it is the EXACT same hairdo on everyone! Boring.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'm actually starting to like him, too. He seems to be taking it more seriously now and really trying to learn the dances. Perhaps this show is doing him some good...maturing him a little and making him realize that hard work is the key, not only to the show but to life as well. From his PI's last night, it sounds like he's a little surprised that he's not minding the hard work as much anymore.

That said...Len used to ride Joey Fatone's ass (no pun intended) for sticking his big bum out when he danced. I wish he would call attention to that issue with Rob. I think Rob's frame and posture could benefit from tucking his Kardashian ass in a little.

Joey I loved him, he was another star that this show was made for. He progressed week after week and in the end became a great dancer. Those were the days when the show was at it's best & the judges weren't blatently showing their favoritism..
    karalott likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Joey I loved him, he was another star that this show was made for. He progressed week after week and in the end became a great dancer. Those were the days when the show was at it's best & the judges weren't blatently showing their favoritism..
    I would have to think that celebs who get a pass because of who they are or who they are paired with today would have been eaten alive back then. Season 4 is when the show was at its best. As you said, no favoritism or manipulation in the scoring, judges comments, or results. No theme week overkill or overload of filler, no controversy, drama, or negative rehearsal packages (minus Ian/Cheryl butting heads and Karina crying over going from Mario Lopez's dancing skills to Billy Ray), and no backbiting between the judges and/or the couples. It was just fun, good dancing, lots of positive personalities...I remember thinking Heather Mills was a desperate attempt at stunt casting, but that doesn't seem so bad by recent season's line ups! Casting someone famous because of their ex or their family is becoming more of the norm. How I miss the days of season 4. And that had one of the best finals ever. And an unpredictable outcome, which is what I miss more than anything.

Cheryl is a favorite of mine. Each season she looks very different. I hope she goes back to that soft cocoa colored hair (hown above) and shorter with no extentions. Her looks always shined above the others with her hair. I am so very done with extentions. For effect in a dance, sure, but everone wears them all over the place, all the time and it is the EXACT same hairdo on everyone! Boring.
    I'm touch and go on Cheryl anymore. I adored her up until season 9, and then I felt like there was a sense of arrogance about her when she was paired with Tom Delay. I was also kind of bored with her seeming to luck out and continually do well, but she's one of the few I'll give credit to her teaching and choreography and say she can actually make her partner look good (aside from this season, as I don't think Rob is as good as the judges make him out to be-but he has improved, though not worth all the hype). But I sort of feel like I do with Mark, when he gets a partner that he actually has to work with and improve on, he seems bored and arrogant about it. I'm pretty bored by Cheryl's choreography this season, but I do agree she's beautiful. I also agree on wearing extensions. I think they look better when they just wear their hair naturally. I loved that Karina went back to her black hair, and I'd love to see Cheryl go back to what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I don't watch any of the Kardashian shows so other than recognizing his name, I knew nothing about this kid when the show started. That said, I thought his performance improved a ton over last weeks and he seems to be having fun and taking the whole thing fairly serious. While he's not a favorite for me, I don't dislike him and won't mind if a couple of other stars leave before him.
    You called that one right. I was just chatting to a gf , and she threw all her votes robs way.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I hit a week of boredom and had a Netflix subscription so I will admit that I spent the time catching up with the Kardashians. It's like a train wreck. You don't want to look but once you do you can't keep from it. This was before the season started so I went into this season wanting to see Mr. USC ousted early (and this from a USC girl). As the weeks went by I found myself actually liking this guy. If you'd seen him on the show you'd know how hard that can be. I believe he started out as the laziest contestant. Get your own Netflix and catch up yourself if you don't believe me.

In the end, I think Rob showed a lot of grace especially in light of the circus that was his sister's divorce going on around him. People were mocking Kim, and he could have easily used this show as a platform to support and defend his sister. He could have continued to be the guy who ate in bed and didn't get up until 2 p.m. and skate by on his family name. He rose above it all and I really do believe he evolved. I think that was his story. I'm guessing that a lot of people who haven't been Keeping Up With the Kardashians don't see the evolution as much as those of us who have. I hope he takes this opportunity (and paycheck) and uses it to get his own place and make his own way in the world. For those of you who don't know, he was living with Khloe and Lamar and she was giving him an allowance every week before this.

Rob is not as in your face as his sisters. I think he was just lost in their shadows. He could either do the in your face stuff they did (see their Sears commercials for reference) or he could hang back and chill. That's what he did. I honestly think had his family not had the E show that he'd have graduated from college and gone to work in business. He was deriven enough to get into USC so I think he'd have been driven enough to make the most of his life. He got spoiled by the craziness of his family, and I hope he will now rise above it like Nicole Richie now has and be a better person. He's got it in him.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234