+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Rob Kardashian & Cheryl Burke: Season 13

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Rob Kardashian & Cheryl Burke: Season 13

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    So I guess only in America is having a big butt make you a star, and being the brother of someone with a big butt makes you a star. This guy is a tool, and like poster above only one in that whole useless family I like is Mason and Kourtney.
    I wonder what happened to the days when having a sex tape ruined you versus making you and your family multi millionaires. KUWTK will eventually go off the air, and like most reality stars, the Kardashians will lose most of their popularity. Whether they've done enough to actually keep some sort of star power and public interest remains to be seen. But once, Paris Hilton, and the cast of The Hills were everywhere to be seen. Now, not so much.

In regards to that TV Guide interview, I feel like Cheryl's full of it. I know she's friends with Kim, and may be friends with Rob, but it's not like she could diss her partner, even if she wanted to. Even Tony had glowing things to say about Kate while they were partnered and on the show together. I worry Rob will be bad enough yet somehow get pitied/popular than the next unknown D-lister and not leave when he should. Doing a ballroom dance week 1 will probably come easier to him than latin, so that might spare him the first elimination. I don't care to see him gloating that he outlasted Kim. I don't think that's much to brag about. I throw him in the stunt casting category, but they have him going second on Monday. I'm a bit surprised they have him go so early, but maybe they figure he's going to stink up the dance floor, so have him go early so they won't have to give him higher than deserved scores later on. Always seems like the couples who go first are sometimes at a disadvantage when it comes to the scores than those who dance later.
    BTW likes this.

Rob wasn't as horrible as I was expecting, which kind of disappointed me, but in no way do I think he was good. He had what looked like a cocky grin frozen on his face, kept looking at the ceiling, and did a lot of posing and standing. Not sure if he'll improve, but unless they give him a slower paced song for his jive, I'm thinking this will be his only good week. I think anything latin will be a mess. Don't like seeing his family pointed out, or having him gloat about outlasting Kim (and if he wants out of his sister's shadow, maybe he should remember that his sister's fans are probably the bulk that are voting for him). Cheryl seemed to be overdoing the praise tonight.

I thought he was pretty bad. He was only a little bit this side of Kenny Mayne, who was the most hilariously horrible dancer ever. (Love Kenny, but he totally sucked.)
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I was so hoping to see his cocky grin wiped off his face as he suffered an unexpected and humilating first elimination. Oh well, there's always next week. If he wants to outlast Kim so bad, he'll have to just get through next week. She was the third to go, but left week 2. I'm not expecting much from Rob's jive, and I feel like either Cheryl's putting on a supportive front or her friendship is blinding how bad Rob really is. And what did Rob say in response to Nancy's gameboy comment, that he reads books?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I was so hoping to see his cocky grin wiped off his face as he suffered an unexpected and humilating first elimination. Oh well, there's always next week. If he wants to outlast Kim so bad, he'll have to just get through next week. She was the third to go, but left week 2. I'm not expecting much from Rob's jive, and I feel like either Cheryl's putting on a supportive front or her friendship is blinding how bad Rob really is. And what did Rob say in response to Nancy's gameboy comment, that he reads books?
    We dont need his sister yelling out either.Not classy at all. I dont like him. I think Cheryl has to put on a front, dont you? its part of her job.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I think she knows exactly how bad Rob is. Part of being a pro on this show is putting on a happy face and playing PR flak for your star.

I think it'll be either Rob or Nancy next week and I really have no preference as to which one goes first.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    We dont need his sister yelling out either.Not classy at all. I dont like him. I think Cheryl has to put on a front, dont you? its part of her job.
    I don't get the close ups of the whole family. If they want to give someone's cheering section face time, go with Courtney Cox. At least she has more claim to fame than being the star of a sex tape and a family getting famous over it. Yeah, I think any pro has to put up a happy front and act as though they have a legitmate shot of winning regardless of how their partner performs. I'll start feeling sorry for Cheryl if Rob actually manages to outlast many of the other couples. I feel like, dance wise and personality wise, he should be the next to go. With my luck, the producers will give him an easy song to jive to so he won't make a total trainwreck. I hope he at least gets that stupid grin off his face during next weeks dance. And let his sister's yell, the judges will dish it right back. Not that I want to see a bunch of stupid infighting between the judges and the audience, but they'll put them in their place I mean, seriously, they've been far worse than what they said to Rob.

FORT Fogey

I hate to say this because this guy is a genuine idiot and just about as useful as his useless sisters, but I hope he last just a little while longer so that DWTS can get over the Kardashian phase before we have to endure Khloe on here. Rob is one million times better than the thought of that. I wish that all those obsessed with Kardashian would stick with Kourtney she is my one out of the whole group that seems ok.

Who is John Galt?

I guess anyone can be a "star" these days. This guy is the brother of reality "stars" - wow! Another entitled idiot making money and playing off the idiocy of some of the TV viewing public. And . . he has no personality nor can he dance. Get him off the show!!!

FORT Regular

PLEASE kick this moron out! He is positively obnoxious and his revolting family does not help either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast