+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Kristin Cavallari & Mark Ballas: Season 13

Kristin Cavallari & Mark Ballas: Season 13

Kristen Cavallari: Reality TV Star

Pro: Mark Ballas

Gone are the days of "Laguna Beach" and her feud with fellow reality TV star Lauren Conrad. Kristin Cavallari has starred in a number of forgettable films, including 2009's "National Lampoon's Van Wilder: Freshman Year." In July 2011, the 24-year-old Colorado native made headlines when her then-fiancé, Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, called off their engagement. Cavallari was left to deal with embarrassing photos of her posing in various wedding gowns in a magazine that had already been published.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Kristin Cavallari & Mark Ballas: Season 13

Kristin Cavallari has starred in a number of forgettable films, including 2009's "National Lampoon's Van Wilder: Freshman Year." In July 2011, the 24-year-old Colorado native made headlines when her then-fiancé, Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, called off their engagement. Cavallari was left to deal with embarrassing photos of her posing in various wedding gowns in a magazine that had already been published.
    I know the show often casts unknowns and reality stars, but dang, that's a little harsh (however true it may be ) There was a girl on an international version of the show who used a recent public break up as a sympathy ploy with the audience, and wound up finishing in third. I don't know anything about her, but I grew to like Audrina during season 11. I don't like Mark, so him leaving early would be good TV for me. I think this will be a leading showmance pair, combined with Bruno drooling over her.

MTV reality star, meh. Mark, ULTRA-meh.

Hope they go early.
    karalott and Shoepie like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

She looks just like Charlie Sheen's ex in that picture.

Yeah, "meh" just about sums it up. I can't bear another season of watching Mark mug and try to upstage his partner. I hope they go very early.
    karalott likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Don't know who she is, but I'm not a big Mark fan. Wouldn't mind if they went early.

OK, I still can't stand Mark and think he's about as appealing as a rash, but this article was pretty cool:
    DWTS: Mark Ballas on Rooting for Chaz Bono, and the Trouble With Same-Sex Partners

September 11, 2011 12:28 PM PDT
    by Michael Slezak

Mark Ballas may be paired with reality staple Kristin Cavallari for the latest installment of Dancing With the Stars, but that doesn’t mean his loyalties sit solely with her. Talking with TVLine Saturday night in Los Angeles at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards ceremony, the two-time DWTS champ expressed a soft spot for one of his Season 13 rivals: Chaz Bono.

“He’s a lovely person. He’s putting himself out there. He’s going to go for it. I’m rooting for him,” said Ballas, adding it was “whack” that Bono has endured a flurry of negative comments for being the show’s first transgender contestant. “This is a dance show at the end of the day. It’s not politics. It’s a dance show. He’s going to do great, and he’s lovely. So good luck to him.”

Ballas also addressed the idea of whether or not DWTS might ever feature a same-sex couple, a topic that’s received renewed attention since openly gay contestant Carson Kressley was paired with Anna Trebunskaya instead of a male pro. “Is [a same-sex pairing] possible? Yes,” said Ballas. “But in my opinion and in the opinion of most professional dancers who really are well-versed in this sport, it puts you at a disadvantage. Because if you put two women together, a woman’s never going to be able to lift another woman over her head like a man. And if you put two men together, no matter how hard you [try], a man is never going to be able to move like a woman. At the end of the day, we’re judged off how the man moves, how the woman moves. So you’re giving yourself a handicap. But am I up for it? Totally. I’m not against it at all.”

And what about his own prospects for this year’s mirrorball trophy? Ballas, who’s finished third for the past two DWTS seasons (with Chelsea Kane and Bristol Palin respectively), sounded optimistic. “It’s going great. [Kristin] is lovely. Like ray of sunshine, up for the challenge, listens to me, has zero ego, and completely just goes for it.”

Ballas said he’s been working hard to get Cavallari to straighten her legs, but thus far she’s proving to have a good sense of rhythm and hasn’t suffered any injuries. “Not yet,” he added. “Thank God!”
    I don't really fault him for what he says about same-sex couples, since it's basically what most ballroom pros feel as well, so whatcha gonna do. And while his repeated use of "lovely" to describe Chaz may seem odd, I chalk it up to his being raised in England, where handsome men are often described as lovely.

I still think he's a weasel, but this was nice.
    Allie and JavaJo like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I am one of the few that doesn't mind Mark, and what he said above is why.The other, I think he can dance. I am not a fan of Maks, never have been.His little temper tantrums and his petulant looks at the judges are something that doesn't appeal to me in the least

Go Mark!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm glad the cast is supportive of Chaz. Maks mentioned something about it in his TV Guide blog, too. Mark's comments on same sex pairing is what I've seen some of the other pros hint around at why they think it's a bad idea. I get the feeling some of them would downright oppose it, but are afraid to say so because it might get taken the wrong way. At any rate, I think it's coming eventually. It might be the last gimmick attempt the show tries before the show goes off the air. Especially if more versions do something like that.

That said, I still hope Mark isn't around long this season. Why couldn't he have gotten Nancy and Tristan Kristin? Nancy and Mark might have been comedy together if he tried to hog the spotlight or pull some of his rule breaking stunts.

FORT Fogey

I do not care for this girl, and hope she leaves early. These no talent MTV wannabe stars need to go off of my television.

What is it with Mark and those pathetic spats? That is getting old very fast.
    moflan likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast