+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Kristin Cavallari & Mark Ballas: Season 13

Re: Kristin Cavallari & Mark Ballas: Season 13

For those who watched SYTYCD this past season, Mark was one of the choreographers toward the end of the competition and his dance was the only one that did not receive audience accolades. You could have heard crickets. So...as a choreographer I guess you can say that he doesn't measure up.

I, too, am happy he is gone - but, we'll see him on results nights splaying his spats to his heart's delight I'm sure.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Dear Kristin,

Sorry things worked out for you even worse than Audriana. I never heard of you before this show, but you seemed nice enough and have lots of potential as a dancer. Obviously you are a better dancer than many that remain, so don't take it too personally. I always enjoyed your effort, even though it meant trying to peek around Mark to see you. I imagine that if you could have made it to the finals you would have danced just like a pro dancer.

Regarding ex, you can do much better than Jay. He's my QB in fantasy football and he only scored 2.2 points last week. You deserve someone that can score 20 or 25 points a week, not 2. Aaran Rodgers scored over 50. Don't settle for a 2 point QB. If you do, have him stop by the makeup department before sitting the audience next time.

Sincerely,

Rickirick

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    Dear Kristin,

Sorry things worked out for you even worse than Audriana. I never heard of you before this show, but you seemed nice enough and have lots of potential as a dancer. Obviously you are a better dancer than many that remain, so don't take it too personally. I always enjoyed your effort, even though it meant trying to peek around Mark to see you. I imagine that if you could have made it to the finals you would have danced just like a pro dancer.

Regarding ex, you can do much better than Jay. He's my QB in fantasy football and he only scored 2.2 points last week. You deserve someone that can score 20 or 25 points a week, not 2. Aaran Rodgers scored over 50. Don't settle for a 2 point QB. If you do, have him stop by the makeup department before sitting the audience next time.

Sincerely,

Rickirick
    She was as good, if not better, than a couple of those still left dancing. Unfortunate it boils down to personality, fame, and/or fan base. Possibly, in her case, her partner did not help her. He is not too popular with many DWTS fans.

As for Jay Cutler, I thought he looked good. I wondered who the good looking guy in audieance was.

Why oh why does Mark always have to put that dreadful humping move into nearly every dance? And he does it over & over. So far only the Waltz has been safe, but I'm sure he's been trying to find a way to put it in there too. Every time he dances he does it. Kind of like the FishFace. Does he think it's fun to watch? IT ISN'T!!!!! It's beyond irritating.

Thank God I don't have to watch him humping the air any more this year.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't think Kristin did herself any favors by her very first words she uttered on the show: "I'm not a b****". The first 3 to go are the three who barely had any fanbase or name recognition. Had 'The Hills' still been on or recently gone off the air, she might have fared better, if those the viewers also tuned into the show. Was she well liked when she was on that show and Laguana Beach? I also don't like, as many of us do, that having Mr. Upstage as her partner didn't do her any favors. I didn't think her samba was as good as her quickstep (her best dance of the 3 she got to do). And she showed little personality on the dance floor. She seemed nice, though I wasn't a fan, and I don't think anything's missing. She and Mark were going to have the rumba next week, so I'm kind of glad we got to avoid Mark attempting to sex it up and grope his partner.

Gotta admit.... I did a little happy dance when Mark got the boot last night Partly because I don't know if I could bear it if Maks was out this early but mostly because I just can't stand the jerk! I feel sorry for any partner he gets as he's such a famewhore and tries to outdance them and get all the attention. Good riddance to him and his spats **gag**
    jucamer likes this.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Was she well liked when she was on that show and Laguana Beach? .
    She was not well liked on Laguana Beach or The Hills. She was a b*tch that stole everyone's boyfriends
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Obviously, I'm in the minority around here but I like Mark and think he's a very talented dancer. Sorry to see he and Kristin go. I think she was a very good dancer but, alas, she has no.fan.base.at.all. It's a killer!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Obviously, I'm in the minority around here but I like Mark and think he's a very talented dancer. Sorry to see he and Kristin go. I think she was a very good dancer but, alas, she has no.fan.base.at.all. It's a killer!
    I'm with you on the pro-Mark sentiment (but I'm not a fan of Kristin's performances).

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

In watching Kristin's cha cha, I realized just how much Mark outdances his partner. It was already obvious, but the way he started and ended the dance, and all the little flashy moves and jumps were all about him. Kristin did the dance, but Mark should have reserved all those moves for her (and if she couldn't do them, leave them out). Since Mark, Derek, and Julianne all grew up together, were basically the 'all for one, one for all' in their accomplishments, and he and Derek briefly had a band together...and now his music is going nowhere, but Derek and Julianne are finding success outside the show, seem to be more popular, don't receive a lot of negative feedback for their performances even if Derek does give more of a Broadway performance than a traditional cha cha...maybe he figures if he just keeps trying harder and harder to outdance and outshine his partner people will notice? We already notice, but not in a good way. I think Mark needs to give himself a marathon of himself during season 5 and revert back to the person and dancer he was then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast