+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Kristin Cavallari & Mark Ballas: Season 13

Re: Kristin Cavallari & Mark Ballas: Season 13

Ol' Spats McOverdance is back. Good to see some things never change.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by GoingInCircles View Post
    Ol' Spats McOverdance is back. Good to see some things never change.
    Yes, it's nice to know that no matter what, Mark "I'm the only pro who takes risks" Ballas will always be consistant. I wonder how long it'll take him to forget he even has a partner. Sure, last night he had the spats, was making the fish faces, doing the frantic moves, but he at least made contact with Kristin. I thought her cha cha (along with all the cha chas) were underwhelming.

Is Mark aware that they've used "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend" twice before on here, and no pro decided to upstage their celeb by doing a back flip? I don't care if Kristin is one of the better dancers, I want Mark off my TV. And I don't care for her. She's brighter than I expected, and I admire her dedication. But that's it. I just can't tell much about her dancing because her partner forgets it isn't about him. And him having excuses ready for when he gets called out because he was in the wrong is getting old. And CA is a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Is Mark aware that they've used "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend" twice before on here, and no pro decided to upstage their celeb by doing a back flip? I don't care if Kristin is one of the better dancers, I want Mark off my TV. And I don't care for her. She's brighter than I expected, and I admire her dedication. But that's it. I just can't tell much about her dancing because her partner forgets it isn't about him. And him having excuses ready for when he gets called out because he was in the wrong is getting old. And CA is a hypocrite.
    I'm starting to like Kristin. That hairdo was great.

But still can't vote for Mark. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    I'm starting to like Kristin. That hairdo was great.

But still can't vote for Mark. Sorry.
    It could just be GBA (guilt by association) why I don't like Kristin. She seems okay, there's just something there, but it could all be Mark and I'm just not noticing. This week they have the samba, so I wonder how many seconds into the dance it'll take for Lord of the Stagehogging to go into overdrive with his outdancing, facial expressions, and Michael Jackson moves.

Kristin did look very pretty this week. Truthfully, of the celebs who've tried pulling off the Marilyn look before, I think she did the best. I'm glad she is enjoying herself and seems to be putting her all into this. I just wish she had a different partner. I don't know what type of fanbase she has, but I don't think Mark will be having the sway in fan votes now that Derek is back. I think they'll be around until the end, possibly in the finals or just missing out. Unless of course there's a WTA round in the final 4 that the judges can manipulate.

FORT Fogey

It was interesting to read a comment Pia made about Mark. She said he would do anything that keeps him in the media. Clearly that is why he immediately leaped to date her. And now he is with another AI castoff who I do not remember, Johanna Pacitti.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

I don't pay close attention to this show; I use FF liberally. Since so many dislike Mark I have been paying close attention to him. Wow, I get it. He is like a one man show having little to do with his partner. I am surprised the judges have not mentioned that they do not present as a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    It was interesting to read a comment Pia made about Mark. She said he would do anything that keeps him in the media. Clearly that is why he immediately leaped to date her. And now he is with another AI castoff who I do not remember, Johanna Pacitti.
    Interesting - isn't that the girl he was with prior? The one that no one liked?

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Interesting - isn't that the girl he was with prior? The one that no one liked?
    He did date Joanna when she auditioned for Idol. I remember when he and Derek were still in a band, she was performing with them in the Grove out in LA. Many figured Pia and Mark got together for the publicity factor. She was a popular early boot on Idol, and both milked it up. When I saw a headline that he and Kristin said they were going to be dragged into the showmance rumors, I rolled my eyes. Usually you leave it up to fans to decide whether you have a showmance or not. Kristin's apparently being blamed for his split with Pia, but I'm thinking that's more publicity she's spreading on her own and maybe she's not being blamed. When it comes to Mark and anything around him, it's hard to tell.

I can FF through Mark and know I didn't miss a thing. Because you don't notice his partner, and his dancing and expressions have been the exact.same.thing. since season 6. And I find Kristin boring. There's nothing there for me.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I don't know who I like the least out of this couple. I'm glad she is gone b/c she is annoying and he is a camera hog
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast