+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Ricki Lake & Derek Hough: Season 13

FORT Fogey

Re: Ricki Lake & Derek Hough: Season 13

Ricki mentioned in an interiew that in Hairspray her dancing was limited. She was very young with little experience and weighed 220 pounds. She has a natural ability but I would not tag her as a ringer.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I just saw her on Ellen and she did an amazing job, but I do not like Derek's personality. He is a great choreographer and wonderful dancer, but he has a sense of entitlement to him
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I just saw her on Ellen and she did an amazing job, but I do not like Derek's personality. He is a great choreographer and wonderful dancer, but he has a sense of entitlement to him
    When it came to Derek's past 3 partners, I was not a fan of Nicole, Jennifer, or Joanna, but I have always loved Ricki and was really looking forward to her being on here. She'd been on my wish list for many seasons. But I'm just not getting into her personality. Maybe Derek's rubbing off on her, but I wish TPTB and the judges would get their heads out of his a**. I found him more tolerable season 11 than I am this season, though no one can be more annoying and about self promotion than Mark. I like him as a dancer, but I just don't look forward to the tongue bath his routines get week after week. And I have my doubts that the exact same routine the judges lap up with him they'd do for someone else if they choreographed it. I hope Ricki gets my interest, because I have little doubt she'll be in the finals, if not win (hey, they couldn't get a Kirstie Alley victory, so they'll take Ricki), or at least be around until the end. In watching their rumba during the recap show on Tuesday, I did think it was a decent job and definitely preferred it to her jive and VW. I was actually fairly impressed with how well she did and capturing the character. But if she got 3 9s, I think J.R. should have tied her for the top spot. At least it was Len's fault this week and not CA or Bruno.

I could really care less about Julianne coming back to promote her movie, but I do hope they do a routine together. When she was on the show I used to enjoy watching them in pro dances together Aside from last season, the only other DAD I liked and thought was worth the filler time was their jive they did during season 7.

FORT Fogey

I have always liked Derek and Ricki. I am rooting for them to win!

I don't care if Ricki wins, but it would be a big coup for everyone if she danced her way down to a normal body weight and BMI. I would be completely impressed, and she would feel fabulous, and everybody who hasn't already taken up dancing for weight loss would start. Ricki is very pretty and I would love to see her living with a good BMI.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

I think deep down that Derek and Julianne are good people, but I too agree that Hollywood is getting to them. I have been less and less impressed by their personalities over the years.
    combatcutie and karalott like this.

Looks like the curse of injuries is back:

'Dancing with the Stars' Derek Hough dances with dislocated shoulder? - Dancing with the Stars News - TV - Digital Spy

Derek Hough reportedly dislocated his shoulder ahead of Tuesday night's episode of Dancing with the Stars.

He sustained the injury while rehearsing for his performance with sister Julianne Hough on the ABC competition's live results show.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Derek decided to push through the discomfort of the dislocation and continue as planned with the routine.

However, no such incident was touched upon during the broadcast.

FORT Fogey

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Derek, Julianne, and Mark all seem like nice young people, but I think Hollywood is going to their heads. I cannot stand Derek anymore, and I am sick of seeing him in all the magazines now with him and his supposed new girlfriend who I also have no interest in. I am completely sick of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    And frankly, Maks is right: the show has yet to give Derek a really difficult partner. Even Mark got Kim Kardashian and Julianne got Adam Corolla. Likewise Cheryl has gotten Wayne Newton and Kym has gotten Sugar Ray, who, for all his likability, wasn't likely to win. .
    Wasn't it Kym who got Jerry Springer too?

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Wasn't it Kym who got Jerry Springer too?
    Yes, and Kym's had her fair share of duds. So has Cheryl, who usually gets pretty lucky (but I tend to think it's by luck in some cases, rather than the producers playing favorites with her). In fact, I think every regular pro has been one of the first 3 to go, except Derek. I've pretty much given up, though, that the show really cares about being fair or having the same pro win over and over again. There's nothing special about Derek to me, because we've seen it all before. He can choreograph the routines he does because he doesn't have a partner who dances like Kate Gosselin. Once Bruno called him a genius (-give me a break) this season, that's when I pretty much stopped caring and gave up any shred of hope that Derek might finally get a dud next season, or that there isn't a partner the judges won't sugarcoat. I figure there's no secret why some pros get certain dances each week and crappy music, while others get better dances with better music to choreograph to. They've all got their roles, and apparently everyone has a better job to do for the producers, so they just let Derek win.
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast