+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Season 13

Re: Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Season 13

Quote Originally Posted by indy1945 View Post
    I wonder if another part to Maks frustration is that he thought Hope would really be a good contender and she isn't.
    This is just my opinion. I would imagine that Maks envisioned that Hope would be a better dancer than she has shown so far, and if he is frustrated, it is because he realizes that Hope is not going to leave DWTS feeling like it was a good experience for her like the majority of the present and past contestants already do. I feel like first and foremost Maks is very protective of his celebrity partners, and, better than anyone else, he knows how the negative (can't do anything right) criticisms go right to the core of Hope's own insecurities. And since she herself has already mentioned it, I think that the comments made to her about her not being feminine enough, called a dude, even using the word "balls" really does hurt her on a personal level. And, I think the comment by Len that this was her worst dance so far bothered her so much because Hope really FELT like she had done a better job of blocking out everything and actually seemed to enjoy this dance with Maks for maybe the first time all season.

I really think that underneath all that tough outer exterior is a very fragile part of Hope that she rarely ever allows anyone to see. And, ballroom dancing is proving to be something that she can not seem to excel at, and she is not used to losing. Like others have already stated, some athletes do well at ballroom dancing and some don't. I think that Hope most likely will go home next week, so I would like to see her be able to put all of this week's craziness behind her, come out and dance and have fun, and leave the show on a high point.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Dancing's Maks: I've Moved Past the Spat with Len - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com

Pretty lenghty blog, but definitely a good read. I thought this was interesting:

And in case you're wondering, no, I have not talked to the judges since because we never talk to the judges outside of the show. We're kind of kept separate and we don't interact until we're taping.
    I wonder why And whose to say they don't talk to the judges on the phone or online? I did think it was strange that at a lot of DWTS after parties, minus the premiere and the finale, that we don't ever see the judges. But I figured they probably weren't into it.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-28-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks for the link, Kara. I think it was a great blog. It clarifies his meaning and intent. I was wondering if he would say anything about his father saying he owed Len an apology because he was supposed to "respect his elders" but, alas, no.
    If you don't like Maks, his blog won't change your mind, but if you were confused about what he said and why, this should clarify it.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Thanks for the link, Kara. I think it was a great blog. It clarifies his meaning and intent. I was wondering if he would say anything about his father saying he owed Len an apology because he was supposed to "respect his elders" but, alas, no.
    If you don't like Maks, his blog won't change your mind, but if you were confused about what he said and why, this should clarify it.
    I do think he clarified it very well, and also touched on how the media can make a mountain out a molehill. He made his point again he didn't mind criticism, he just didn't like the way they were criticizing. And that he has respect for both Len and Derek. Maks was asked about the other pros commenting, so I think that's where his "throwing Derek under the bus/slamming Derek" came from in the media headlines. I love how those same outlets ignore that Louis said the same thing Maks did about Derek.

And Hope has the samba this week, not the quickstep, which has me even more worried about her chances. I hope Maks just screws technique and comes out and has fun. They can't win either way, so why not just go out with a bang.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    And Hope has the samba this week, not the quickstep, which has me even more worried about her chances. I hope Maks just screws technique and comes out and has fun. They can't win either way, so why not just go out with a bang.
    Where do you find out what they will be dancing to?

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    Where do you find out what they will be dancing to?
    Maks mentioned it in his blog, though most times the couples reveal whatever dance they're doing on the results show or in post show interviews. Anna said that if she and Carson had survived to Broadway week, they would have been doing the foxtrot (and I loved her tweet when she said Carson would 'definitely do the trot part just fine'. I miss them). Fingers crossed Hope/Maks have an amazing samba and hopefully make it through, but I'm thinking her time is up, and she probably can't compete with the remaining fanbases. At the very least, hopefully Maks's costume involves going shirtless and leather pants (I mean, if they're going to go out, might as well go out with a bang).

FORT Fogey

I agree. Even with some sympathy votes coupled with those who want to see more of Maks vs judges I think she will go this week.

I've been a Maks fan since day one BUT the glow of his halo is fading quickly, for me. I truly believe he needs to take a break from DWTS for a season or two. He's an outstanding dancer. I'll always give him that. However, he treats his partners terribly.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I've been a Maks fan since day one BUT the glow of his halo is fading quickly, for me. I truly believe he needs to take a break from DWTS for a season or two. He's an outstanding dancer. I'll always give him that. However, he treats his partners terribly.
    I agree with you. Every season it seems like it's the same thing. Maybe the majority of the time he is nice to his partners, but that's not what they show and I'm getting tired of hearing him. I don't like to watch any of the pros berate their partners.

It would have really been interesting to see Hope with another partner because clearly she and Maks aren't in synch.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by indy1945 View Post
    I agree with you. Every season it seems like it's the same thing. Maybe the majority of the time he is nice to his partners, but that's not what they show and I'm getting tired of hearing him. I don't like to watch any of the pros berate their partners.

It would have really been interesting to see Hope with another partner because clearly she and Maks aren't in synch.
    We won't ever know how Hope would have done with someone else; even the very mild - tempered, laid-back Tony was shown in rehearsal as having lost it and having walked out on Kate Gosselin.
    The marvelously talented Derek has been shown through the seasons cranking a few of his students up a bit too high, and they, too, have flown back at him. They call Cheryl the "drill sargeant," which certainly isn't a term of endearment.
    We don't see but a small window of what happens behind the scenes in rehearsal. There might be much more discontent and friction than we know or are shown during what they have told us repeately they see as a very stressful time.

+ Reply to Thread