+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Season 13

Re: Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Season 13

She probably just wanted a date with him and figured this was the way to do it (wish I had thought of that). I loved her line about hating Maks because of the internet, so when she asked him if he ever killed anybody (in reference to something he said), he asked her what the internet said I used to not be a fan of Maks until season 5, but I've loved him ever since. I think a lot of his arrogant attitude and "bad boy" image is all show. He looks tired this season, so I hope he takes it easy. Seems like he always has 20 things going on at once.

And of course she was madly in love with him by the end of the show Lucky girl - she got dipped by Maks!

FORT Fogey

Just saw a piece on E! News about the athletes who will be in this year's body issue of ESPN. For those unfamiliar with it, it features nude shots of athletes from various sports--but they're tasteful, black and white artsy shots where nothing untoward shows. Anyway, Hope is one of the athletes, as are Apollo and Helio. Last year Evan was in it. It's like it's a naked yearbook for DWTS contestants.

Unfortunately, she is not posing with Maks.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Just saw a piece on E! News about the athletes who will be in this year's body issue of ESPN. For those unfamiliar with it, it features nude shots of athletes from various sports--but they're tasteful, black and white artsy shots where nothing untoward shows. Anyway, Hope is one of the athletes, as are Apollo and Helio. Last year Evan was in it. It's like it's a naked yearbook for DWTS contestants.

Louie Vito is also in it.

And of course she was madly in love with him by the end of the show Lucky girl - she got dipped by Maks!
    I'm glad he was able to convert her. I saw a clip from when Jake was on, and looks like he had the exact opposite experience. He couldn't get a word in edge wise to his hater The show has been cancelled, which I'm not surprised, but glad we got to see Maks anyway.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-08-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post

Saw one of the photos this weekend. Certainly isn't the softer side of Hope. Makes Maks look girly by comparison.

I feel badly for Hope.
    She sure has tenacity, a great work ethic and tons of determination.
    But, she's just not all graceful or elegant when it comes to dancing.
    I hope she does better this week.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

This story is not very flatterning to Hope. Sounds like she is involved in a lot of other activites in addition to learning her dance routines.

Maks looked so cute dressed as a cowboy I really loved their foxtrot, and since I thought the scores were a mess overall, their 24 was well earned and deserved. I felt like Hope let loose a little more and showed some fun. She's still got a ways to go, and I'm not sure if she'll ever get there. Eventually there's only so much Maks can do if she doesn't improve. I worry she might get booted, however, for a variety of reasons. As I put in the episode thread, I feel like she might be lost in the shuffle.

Regarding that article re: Chicago marathon-I guess I don't see the big deal

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Regarding that article re: Chicago marathon-I guess I don't see the big deal
    I didn't think it was a big deal either and thought the writer was a little harsh in his judgment. However, if Hope is involved in a lot of other activities during this time, it will hurt her practice time.

so excited these two were safe!!! I don't get what was up Len's butt. I thought it was tacky of them to show his comment that he basically doesn't believe Hope when she was up saying she was giving this her all and enough time to Brooke. I thought for sure she'd get lost in the shuffle. That said, I worry her time is running out. I loved the look on Maks's face when she said in the confessional that she liked cowboys.

In reading that article again, sounds like the author is bitter. About what, I don't know. He mentioned Hope didn't give him an interview, but maybe he's petty and thinks female athletes or Erin Andrews types are doing themselves a disservice by appearing on this show. And what do they expect, it not to be mentioned that Hope was at the event? Just sounded like a disgruntled journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by indy1945 View Post
    This story is not very flatterning to Hope. Sounds like she is involved in a lot of other activites in addition to learning her dance routines.
    Hmm... and irony is that Len was saying she wasn't committed to dancing at all, but this one says that she's more committed to it than other stuff. I mean, can't they keep criticisms the same?

(Not sure about the photo though - it's not quite flattering of her, especially in the shoulder area.)

+ Reply to Thread