Closed Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 190
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Season 13

  1. #121
    FORT Fogey Tobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,236

    Re: Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Season 13

    Maks, why the chip? Until he and Tony are producing the show they are employees only and should act as such like the rest of us schmuks have to do for a whole lot less money and usually not doing something we love with beautiful people and notoriety for same. Maks talks too much, complains too much, grandstands too much, it's wholly unattractive, I'm not into petulant bad boys. Derek is the model citizen with the most amazing talent as far as i'm concerned. I don't think the people that Derek was paired with would have won with another partner. i can't see Brooke winning paired with Tony, or Jennifer Grey. As much as i like Tony I hope that Maks attitude is not rubbing off on him. Derek really does bring out the best in his partners and he seems to like his partners and not give them the grief that Maks and even Tony does. They could learn a thing or two from him, they have had good partners too along the way and still were not able to bring it home for the win.
    Living likes this.

  2. #122
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,071

    Re: Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Season 13

    Yesterday some items were leaked from Hope's upcoming bio about terrible treatment at the hands of her coach. Today, the info is about Maks being physically abusive toward her during their DWTS pairing. She says that the network offered to remove him from the show and give her a new partner but she didn't want to ruin his career.

    Who knows what to believe.

  3. #123
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,473

    Re: Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Season 13

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Maks, why the chip? Until he and Tony are producing the show they are employees only and should act as such like the rest of us schmuks have to do for a whole lot less money and usually not doing something we love with beautiful people and notoriety for same. Maks talks too much, complains too much, grandstands too much, it's wholly unattractive, I'm not into petulant bad boys. Derek is the model citizen with the most amazing talent as far as i'm concerned. I don't think the people that Derek was paired with would have won with another partner. i can't see Brooke winning paired with Tony, or Jennifer Grey. As much as i like Tony I hope that Maks attitude is not rubbing off on him. Derek really does bring out the best in his partners and he seems to like his partners and not give them the grief that Maks and even Tony does. They could learn a thing or two from him, they have had good partners too along the way and still were not able to bring it home for the win.
    I really like your post!!
    norealityhere likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  4. #124
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,658

    Re: Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Season 13

    Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Yesterday some items were leaked from Hope's upcoming bio about terrible treatment at the hands of her coach. Today, the info is about Maks being physically abusive toward her during their DWTS pairing. She says that the network offered to remove him from the show and give her a new partner but she didn't want to ruin his career.

    Who knows what to believe.
    Hope has a history of blaming lots of other people (coaches, other players, etc.) for things, so I don't consider her the most reliable source of information.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  5. #125
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,473

    Re: Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Season 13

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Hope has a history of blaming lots of other people (coaches, other players, etc.) for things, so I don't consider her the most reliable source of information.
    Did you ever see the footage of them rehearsing, when he pushed her really roughly. It was awful.
    norealityhere likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #126
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,066

    Re: Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Season 13

    That footage was there, but Critical is right about Hope. She likes to pick fights and blame people. I think she also believes she should be a bigger star than she is. I hate to say it, but I could see her taking an opportunity to exaggerate to get more attention. Maks has had some strong women as partners. If he were abusive, would most of them leave liking him so much?

  7. #127
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,473

    Re: Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Season 13

    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    That footage was there, but Critical is right about Hope. She likes to pick fights and blame people. I think she also believes she should be a bigger star than she is. I hate to say it, but I could see her taking an opportunity to exaggerate to get more attention. Maks has had some strong women as partners. If he were abusive, would most of them leave liking him so much?
    I don't have the answers. Many women don't come forward with stuff like this , because they wont be believed. As for ABC, didn't they sweep the last skirmish under the rug Something went on between Kim and her partner. You could cut the tension with a knife the week after that took place. Hope may have lied and she may not of. We none of us know the truth. I know I don't. If she lied, he should sue . I wonder if he would do that? I certainly wouldn't let it go if someone lied about me like that.
    As for Hope she won a gold medal, she has a ton of fans
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  8. #128
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,490

    Re: Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Season 13

    Maks tweeted about it:

    @MaksimC
    Always hated hypocrites and liars...but when someone is both AND an opportunist, I just feel bad for them. Can't win at someone's expense...

    @MaksimC
    Life's best lessons are the ones that you smile through.....while they hurt you the most! I'm bullet proof....FIRE AWAY!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  9. #129
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,658

    Re: Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Season 13

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't have the answers. Many women don't come forward with stuff like this , because they wont be believed. As for ABC, didn't they sweep the last skirmish under the rug Something went on between Kim and her partner. You could cut the tension with a knife the week after that took place. Hope may have lied and she may not of. We none of us know the truth. I know I don't. If she lied, he should sue . I wonder if he would do that? I certainly wouldn't let it go if someone lied about me like that.
    As for Hope she won a gold medal, she has a ton of fans
    Most women don't come forward, that's true. I wonder why Hope came forward now....oh, that's right - scandal sells lots of books. Maybe it happened, although I doubt it did. For me, it seems awfully convenient and I might be more apt to believe her if she didn't reveal this - and the "abuse" from her former coach - in a new book that she is trying to sell.
    karalott, AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  10. #130
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Season 13

    I think the word abuser is getting thrown around too freely in regards to Maks and Hope. But I guess people see what they want to see and believe, because I've read other forums where people seem to pick apart every bit of Maks's actions and words and seem to create him into a monster. During season 13, producer Conrad Green was caught on camera praising Maks. Tom has praised Maks. He has quite a few partners that he's still very close with. He's tight with other pros. The only incident I saw was the shove, which I will agree he was totally in the wrong with. This incident Hope speaks of was never aired. Again, not to say it didn't happen. But the timing seems a tad too convenient for me. We'll see if she hits the media circuit and if her story holds up. She didn't want to ruin his career then, but is willing to do so now? I'm thinking if she were a part of the AS cast, this part would have been omitted from her bio. I'm sure ABC is enjoying the free publicity. I don't think them not releasing a statement right away denying or confirming her allegations means anything.

    One of my favorite quotes was from Misty May Treanor, who once said the world needs more Maksims. And he was pretty tough on her. Look at Erin Andrews, coming off her issue with a stalker and receiving death threats during her season. She and Maks were happy as pie, given her emotional state. Whatever their romance/showmance/fling was, I don't think she would have taken to him if he were really this big brute.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-17-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.