+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Season 13

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Season 13

So Hope gave an interview today (I think to Ryan Seacrest) where she said she almost quit because of Maks's attitude during the group rehearsal, and totally called him out on it behind the scenes. I guess there was a pap video showing them arguing, but she said Maks knows he went too far and was sorry.

Good for her. Maks is always sorry after his actions. It seems like his blow up with Len and his treatment towards Hope were starting to take a life of their own in the media. I thought last night all the clips were trying to do damage control for him showing a softer side. It almost seemed unnatural to me, since that's not what we have seen for the past seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I'll stick with what I've seen since watching Maks from season 2, and going by what the other pros and contestants (including Tom, who has often defended him) have said, and not by a minute or two of a piece that we likely didn't see the whole story. Maks is often seen as the hot head who will blow up and be the most outspoken. That's his role on the show, and unfortuantely, the show can take it too far sometimes in their editing (and that can go for anyone, not just Maks). Until I see and hear different things from those involved, I'll continue supporting Maks on and off the show. I really don't think Hope has so little self worth and don't see why people think she's enabling him by defending him or staying friends with him, or thinking she has to. Maybe she's doing those things because they are friends? Hope seems like a tough woman, so I doubt Maks is beating her down any. The show maybe, but I can see why both Hope and Maks would be frustrated with how things have gone this season. Maybe this will teach Maks to request a partner so far in advance again
    I am a 100% true blue Maks supporter. I'll agree that sometimes he loses his temper or gets frustrated but I agree that the producers like to show that side of him and make it seem worse than it is. I think, from watching him over many seasons of this show, that he has a heart of gold, and a very soft side underneath the fiery exterior. I'll continue to defend him, too, because I'm pretty sure he's a good guy.

That being said, I did not think Hope's quickstep was very good. Her footwork was good, but she always seems so off balance, and like Maks is hauling or throwing her around to get her into position. It's just awkward. However, the judges seemed to love it. I was bummed they gave her the same score as Rob, whom I thought was much better.
    karalott likes this.

Dancing's Maks: Hope and I Have Gotten Stronger - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com

Dancing's Maks: Hope and I Have Gotten Stronger

Hi everyone!

Hope you're well! Thanks for voting for us!

Hope and I are so excited to be in the semifinals. I know a lot of people didn't see this happening a few weeks ago, but we've persevered and it's because of you guys that we're here. Just like any other couple, Hope and I have had our ups and downs. Yet through our discrepancies I feel that we've only gotten stronger. Working past our differences has allowed Hope and me to respect and appreciate each other on a very high level. I don't regret anything that has happened this year.

Right now, I'm only focused on Hope and trying to come up with great routines for her. I don't want to think about anything else. The more I notice outside elements, the more I become engulfed in the drama. The show wanted to bring up the Len situation again this week, but I'm not going to waste my energy getting involved with that. It was a misunderstanding and it's over. We've moved on. My next two weeks are dedicated to Hope. I'm going back to my roots and doing what I do best: teaching others.

On that note, I also want to put an end to this stupid rumor that Derek and I are in a "war." First, it was that I "dissed" him and now there's a war? There is no war! Derek is a great and very talented guy; and to suggest that we're in a feud is hilarious. On top of that, the tabloid was quoting a "source." Until magazines start to actually quote the people they're writing about or at the very least reach out for a comment, don't believe what you read. Look, I understand this is how they sell issues and get everyone to click on links and stuff, but this type of rumor-fueling reporting is irresponsible to the people in the articles, their readers and themselves. I don't even want to remotely think about this anymore, so this will be the last comment about it.

We're in a very interesting position now with three dances. We have the Argentine tango, the paso doble and then a cha-cha relay. We have done the paso and the cha-cha, so that helps a little bit. But honestly, they might as well be brand new dances. It's a shock to not just the celebrities, but the pros too. At this stage of the game, we're all exhausted. This is when our bodies start shutting down and we get sick, so to have three dances, it's very, very tough. I know they want more content because they want a longer broadcast, but this is the last thing any of us needs. You would have a better show if it was shorter with few dances. It's about quality, not quantity, right? I think they have three dances because they want to showcase the skills everyone's accumulated during the season. But when you throw in more dances, you don't have the opportunity to show off better dancing. It becomes more about surviving instead. The celebrities have never done anything like this before and it's a huge ask on their minds and bodies. But I'm not the one calling the shots here.

I hope everyone saw Sleep's cameo on Monday's show! Sleep is the man. He's a TV star now! He's having a blast here in L.A. I've been bringing him to my friend's dog place, so he's got celebrity dog friends he's chilling with. He's kind of in his own spotlight. I can picture the other dogs saying, "You're that guy from..." If he could talk, he'd definitely have something to say! He's having a lot of fun and I love having him out here. Coming home and seeing his face — there's nothing like it.

Everything else is going great. I know I sound like a broken record, but I really want to thank the fans again for your support and your votes. It's a huge responsibility for us to know that when you're called safe, it's because someone stayed up all night to keep voting and voting. I feel responsible to do my best. If I'm too intense for people or outspoken, it's because I feel a huge load of responsibility on myself to give everyone something worth voting for. It's a phenomenal realization to know that you're affecting someone's life so much that they're giving that much time to us. Time is the most precious thing we have, so we're very grateful to everyone for being behind us.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading!

Maks

FORT Fogey

Maks has always had an attitude, but I think it is being aggravated by the partners he is getting. Hope comes across as a witch. She is always sour and sullen in her face. There is no joy to her at all, and I am saddened she is still in the competition when David is out.

Maks has gotten so many stinkers for partners that I think he is getting frustrated like Edyta. Add in the fact that Derek always wins and always is favored, and it is getting old.

From USA Today, regarding Maks' backstage comments last night after the show.
    Maks curses 'Dancing' judge Carrie Ann Inaba backstage

I totally understand his frustration. But the dude needs some lessons in governing his behavior. He would have a healthier, happier, longer life if he wasn't always in embroiled in one incident or another. Some people seem to attract drama more than others, not really sure why that is.

I think Maks is just fed up and I can't blame. Why did CA feel the need to put the spotlight on him and call him out for supposedly smiling? Is he not allowed to do that? Are they supposed to stand there, stern faced, as they're getting lectured by bias judges? It was just like a replay of last season where Ralph got tossed aside like yesterdays trash, except they actually needed a 15 point WTA dance to ensure they got the outcome they wanted. This season, they could just overscore and make it a 10 point dance with a few other points thrown in. Since David left, and probably the only one who really has any claim to fame, except for possibly Hope and Carson in their respective fields, they likely planned for a Rob/Ricki/J.R. finale. Why call out America when better dancers go home, or future chosen ones are eliminated early before they can get to golden status, when in the end the vote doesn't matter? I threw all my votes to Hope/Maks, as I've done all season. I want a final 3 I like, and so far, J.R. is my only bright spot. Seeing them basically give it to Rob and Ricki...yeah, I think a certain three think it's all about them and what they like. The producers keep digging the show into a hole based on what they want, and they expect the audience to embrace it. If Maks isn't back next season, I really hope they clean house and bring in all new pros (except they can keep Val, Tristan, and Peta-still newbies-Tony, as he could be considered fresh as he hasn't made it to the halfway point since season 8, and that was the last time he made the finals, and Anna), and bring back Chelsie and Louis. Then just bump the troupe up and get rid of the rest. CA may have a harder time finding boy toys to lust after. If Val is back next season, I won't be surprised if she turns her grudge against him because of his brother. She deserves every bit of criticism she gets. It's easy for the judges to dish it out, but when they're called out, they don't know how to handle it.

I'll stand by my prediction that, unless you get lucky like Karina did this season and have a partner they may not dare turn against, you probably won't win this show or have the judges up your butt unless you cater to their style, or are named Derek, Mark, or Cheryl. Obviously CA and Bruno seem to have a thing for Lacey and Dmitry as well. I doubt Anna, Chelsie, Tony, Maks, or Louis will ever win.
    Minney, TIA__MA and jucamer like this.

Assuming Hope is eliminated tonight, all my votes next week are going for J.R.

FORT Fogey

Both Hope and Maks are very bitter and it seems silly at this point. The judges have been very harsh with them, to be sure, and there is an animosity between the judges and Maks that is overt. Hope was not good enough to win so she made it 9 weeks. Let it go and stop avoiding the press. It is only a TV show.

I noticed that Hope and Maks weren't on Jimmy Kimmel last night. Instead, the three finalists were. Anyone know what's up with that?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread