+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 73
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: Season 13

  1. #51
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: Season 13

    Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    I thought scores were based on the dancing. Bristol and Kate may not have been great, but were better than Chaz.
    I would say Kate and Chaz were probably equal in the dancing department. At least based on this week. The first two dances I'd say he did better than Kate, but it's the same as Bristol. I agree Chaz is definitely a winner in the personality and good attitude department. I enjoy him, and admire him for many reasons. But it was painful this past week. I didn't mind losing Mark, but Kristin shouldn't have gone based on dancing. Chaz didn't even look excited when he was called safe. I don't think Cher being in the audience has anything to do with him still being there, but as I said before, I don't want it to get to a point where he's outstayed his welcome and it turns into a Bristol style bash fest because he's there over better dancers. It's about fan votes, true, but I think the judges overscored him this week.

  2. #52
    BTW
    BTW is offline
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    533

    Re: Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: Season 13

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Well, of course! The judges scores are based on dancing. Viewers vote for who they like for a varity of reasons.

    Chaz is better than Kate by a long shot. Bristol was not bad and improved. I don't get your point, I guess.
    Kate may have not been a good dancer, but most comments I heard were from people who did not like her. Her dancing seemed secondary. Bristol did improve. I haven't seen Chaz do so. He is clumsy and walks rather than dance. Apparently, the dancing isn't that relevant to the voting public. As if we didn't already know that.

  3. #53
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,835

    Re: Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: Season 13

    I don't want Chaz staying past better dancers, simply because people are sympathetic towards him either, but I don't see him ending up getting a Bristol backlash even if he does, simply because Bristol made the mistake of starting to believe her hype and pointing out how much she'd improved and how she deserved to stay there. Given Chaz's demeanor thus far, I don't think he's likely to say he deserves to stay there. Frankly, I think he was pretty darn surprised that he did get through this week, and I think Nancy was too. So far this season, none of the stars seem to have any unusual sense of entitlement, which is nice.

  4. #54
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: Season 13

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I don't want Chaz staying past better dancers, simply because people are sympathetic towards him either, but I don't see him ending up getting a Bristol backlash even if he does, simply because Bristol made the mistake of starting to believe her hype and pointing out how much she'd improved and how she deserved to stay there. Given Chaz's demeanor thus far, I don't think he's likely to say he deserves to stay there. Frankly, I think he was pretty darn surprised that he did get through this week, and I think Nancy was too. So far this season, none of the stars seem to have any unusual sense of entitlement, which is nice.
    I think Chaz and Nancy were surprised, though also to not be put "in jeopardy". I think Chaz will get backlash, as any horrible hoofer does, but Bristol's went beyond her attitude and dancing (and I think part of that entitlement came from her partner). Her last name is extremely polarizing, and it didn't help that those claiming to vote for her said they didn't watch the show and found a way to hack into the ABC site to set up millions of e-mail accounts to keep her there. I doubt Chaz wants to be a laughingstock or kept around for his backstory or because he's such a good guy if he's injured or his dancing isn't there. I'd also rather see him eliminated over having to drop out due to injuries. I think him, and would be more than happy if he outlasted Rob and Nancy. I can't say I always root for the best dancer, and I would bet the majority vote for who they like and who entertains them (and who their pro happens to be). But watching Chaz this week wasn't even enjoyable. Maybe he'll be better next week with the tango. I still think Ricki and J.R. are the final 2, so the only exciting thing for me, as it has been for many seasons, is who winds up in third.

  5. #55
    from sky to fire fireflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,347

    Re: Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: Season 13

    The ONLY reason Chaz wasn't voted off was because of the promise of Cher in the audience. That was stated before the voting occurred for ONE REASON ONLY -- to keep Chaz another week. It is travesty that he stayed beyond Kristen, as everybody can plainly see Kristen was not a worse dancer than Chaz. This is bad.

  6. #56
    from sky to fire fireflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,347

    Re: Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: Season 13

    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I am glad he lasted long enough for Cher to show up next week. That being said, I hope he goes soon just for injury reasons. I would hate to see him get hurt doing this.
    Can someone explain exactly what Chaz HAS done so far that would've caused an injury?

  7. #57
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: Season 13

    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Can someone explain exactly what Chaz HAS done so far that would've caused an injury?
    They weren't taping when the injury occured. He is overweight and out of shape so it is no surprize that the intense schedule took a toll.

  8. #58
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,835

    Re: Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: Season 13

    I don't think it's any one particular thing that Chaz has done that has caused the injury. It's just the increase in exercise that put additional stress on his joints that eventually got to his knees and one ankle. He's clearly not in the same kind of shape that someone like Hope Solo is in, and he did mention from the beginning that he had bad knees, so it's not a big shock that putting additional stress on those bad knees would make them worse.
    Shoepie likes this.

  9. #59
    Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Just south of Hollywood
    Posts
    1,656

    Re: Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: Season 13

    Chaz and Lacey are doing the Tango this week? I predict that they will ROCK! The Tango is a more deliberate, powerful dance - ought to be easier on Chaz' knees and should give him a chance to shine.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

  10. #60
    from sky to fire fireflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,347

    Re: Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: Season 13

    I am disappointed in this week's results. A clearly morbidly-obese person who has absolutely NOT been dancing has been passed through, for weeks now. The show was right to bring Richard Simmons on to help Chaz, but remaining in the dancing competition is not doing Chaz any good at all. I congratulate him on having a posse of voters that can be counted on to stack the vote, but I feel sad that we are once again reminded that people can't be counted on to be impartial judges. Favoritism rules on TV as well as in the workplace.

    At this point, the competition has pretty-much become a farce. Seriously, when somebody who is THAT BAD of a dancer gets voted through week after week based on the fact that they had a sex change and did not take care of their body AT ALL, then there's no need to tune in. I can go to my local Walmart and see the same scenery.

    I understand that Chaz has a good attitude, but if I were in his shoes, I would view the videos and then step aside, feign an injury, or do whatever it took to make sure I didn't rob any other better-qualified people out of their earned time on-screen.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-12-2011 at 02:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.