+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: Season 13

Re: Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: Season 13

He just looks so happy to be on that stage dancing.
    I think I've posted before on here that I met Chastity many years ago at a supermarket in CA.
    She seemed extremely shy, insecure and easily intimidated. No doubt it must have been terrifying to be an adolescent of 2 larger than life parents.

What I see on screen now is a man who is looking very happy in his new skin and enjoying his new identity.
    I wish him all the best.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

No, Chaz has not had "bottom surgery" (as they call it). He states that it's a very serious and risky surgery so he's not having it as of now and maybe never will.
    I really don't care what he wants to be seen as, called or whatever but I also don't consider him to be a man until all the "parts" are there and I don't think there's anything wrong with thinking that. It's a factual statement, not a judgemental statement.

It's none of mine or anyone else's business. But when you're famous (and unfortunately, it wasn't his fault he was famous but his parents) you're up for public scrutiny and often the public is not kind. But it's probably best to come out and talk about it, as Chaz did, even though many will have an opinion.
    Chaz should just live his/her life as best as he can and not let what people say make him feel bad.
    And other people, who are supporters of Chaz should not let others' opinions upset them either. What's the point of getting upset?

I stand corrected on his physical condition, I'd read information to the contrary somewhere but I guess it was wrong.

But legally he is recognized as a man by the state of California, and thanks to "Full Faith and Credit," the United States as well:
    Bono's legal transition was completed on May 7, 2010, when a California court granted his request for a gender and name change. He chose "Chaz Salvatore Bono" in honor of his parents. (Wikipedia)
    Everyone is allowed to have their opinions, but legally he deserves to be called "he/him." But debate over his gender status really belongs in CE; in here we should be talking about the show. That's partially why the sticky thread at the top of the forum exists for this season.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I thought he had completely gone through all the surgeries as well, but it doesn't make any difference to me. I have no problem calling him a him or looking at him as a man if that's what he wants. I have mixed feelings on Chaz lasting. He has an amazing attitude but I'd hate to see him injured and leave as a result of that. In the mean time, I'm enjoying Chaz and his attitude while competing. I thought his cha cha was much better than his quickstep, but given his injuries, he actually did better than some people have in the past who weren't having knee problems. He's got the rumba this week so hopefully it'll be easier for him. I'm still no Lacey fan, but she's a much better partner for him than I would have expected. She has a very caring nature and attitude while working with him, which I haven't always seen in her past partnerships. I'm just glad the show isn't making an issue of pushing his story down the throats of viewers as they seem to have done in the past with previous contestants who came in on a different celebrity angle.

I agree about Lacey, she's really stepping up this season. She's making me forget why I couldn't stand her in past years. I don't know if it will last after Chaz is gone, but I like this new Lacey.
    karalott likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Cher: I'll Be in the 'DWTS' Audience to Watch Chaz Next Week

Published: October 04, 2011 @ 9:39 am
    By Kimberly Potts

Despite the controversy surrounding his participation on the show, Chaz Bono has his fair share of supporters as a contestant on "Dancing With the Stars."

Now, his mom, Cher, says she's going to be in the studio audience next week to watch Chaz perform live … assuming he's not voted off in this week's Tuesday night "DWTS" results show, of course.

"God hope Chaz hangs on till next week so I can come sit in the Audience & Watch!" Cher tweeted Monday night, after her son and "DWTS" partner Lacey Schwimmer danced the rumba.

Bono and Schwimmer received the lowest score of the night (for the second week in a row), dancing to "Laugh at Me," a song Bono said he chose on "The Most Memorable Year of My Life" theme night because it was written by his late father, Sonny Bono.

"My dad would have … really enjoyed it," Bono told US Weekly. "I knew if I got an opportunity, I knew I'd use that song. I love that song. I wanted to pay respect to my dad and his legacy. That was really important."

"I think if he was around … I think he still could have done this show. I think he would have probably done really well."
    Hmm...I wonder if they made a plan to plant this in the media if there was a week where Chaz was facing elimination. Not a bad trick to get some last minute votes to save...
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I guess Chaz is safe this week then, and probably next week. If it means losing Rob, great, but I think he'll be safe. Now I'm really worried for Hope/Maks I don't really see how having a particular celeb in the audience where they get a total of 10 seconds max. screen time will lead to higher ratings.

The show might have known how they could score Chaz and keep him around. 18 was generous, but deserved. However, they see what his fanbase is like. So they can score him low and figure he's safe.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-04-2011 at 07:02 PM.

FORT Fogey

I would love to see him outlast Hope and David.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post

Evidently, you are not considering the dancing. Those two...and others....are WAY better than Chaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I dont think Hope is very good at all( or her partner) David tries, perhaps too hard, so its possible Chaz and Cher's fans will help out.And those two will get the boot before Chaz does.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast