+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: Season 13

Re: Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: Season 13

I saw the rehearsal clips too, but I didn't think he was that bad. I liked that Lacey was running him through drills to get used to dance posture. And I thought he showed pretty good extension with his arms. Obviously he's not finale material, but I think he knows that going in, and he's really going to try to do the best he can.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I don't think ANYONE this season is in the same league as Master P (who didn't even want to be there) or Buzz Aldrin. I think Chaz is trying to overcome his shyness, which is still obvious in that video, since it's of a really early rehearsal. The challenge for Chaz will probably just be coming out of his shell and performing.

Like MFW said, I don't think Chaz is finale material and he probably knows that. I also think he's better than many we've seen on this show and he's obviously been putting in the effort, unlike Rob Kardashian, who looks like he's barely trying in his video.
    karalott likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I thought Lacey and Chaz were rather sweet together in the video. I expect Chaz to surprise us.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I also give him credit for doing the show. I hope it will be apositive experience for him.
    Shoepie likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I also don't think Chaz expects to be in the finals. And I think he'll be gracious with whatever criticism comes his way (assuming it's deserved, which if it isn't, I feel any celeb is entitled to be a little bitter). He knows there's a lot riding on his shoulders coming into this. Of course there are those that will expect him to fail. And he's the son of 2 American icons, so some people might naturally expect him to do well. I know he said his goal for this was to lose weight and to also help people in the same position he's in. He'll wind up accomplishing both those goals at least, which might be better than a tacky trophy anyway. I'm actually a little impressed with Lacey so far. She's not my favorite pro, but there's only been 1 occasion where I really liked her, and that was with Steve-O. I kind of see that side of her coming out here. In terms of dancing ability, I don't know if anyone will ever be as bad as MP or Kate, but they also didn't care. Chaz looks far from the best when compared to some of the others, but he's trying, and actually looks a little lighter on his feet than I expected. I do think he'll struggle, but he'll win hearts anyway.

I expect voting for Chaz to follow pattern of Kate and Bristol and DeLay, probably finish most like Kate.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I read where Cher is expected to attend some performances to show her support for Chaz. I'm looking forward to that.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I also think Chaz knows he probably won't make the fans. I think he is there to try his best, and have fun. I think his dances will be fun to watch.

FORT Fogey

I have no problem with Chaz other than can someone clue me in as to how he is a star? Does he sing, act, I have never heard a thing about him either than going from female to male, and that does not make anyone a star.

He's done an enormous number of talk shows and had a documentary devoted to his change. And I've heard of him, which is more than I can say for four of his competitors (sports people I guess? , oh, and a Kardashian I assume to be from the family of ill-repute), and I've only heard of Elisabetta Canalis because she was a barnacle on Clooney's ass for a couple of years.
    JavaJo and AlwaysVeg like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast