+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Official Cast Reveal (Fall-Season 13)*

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Official Cast Reveal (Fall-Season 13)*

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'm really happy that Chaz got Lacey. If anyone can urge Chaz out of his shyness a bit, I think it's her.

I agree. I would love to see her bring him out of his shell. I am afraid for them, though. The judges never seem to give Lacey a break.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

This bit gave me a laugh. Anyone questioning the star power of the current cast, especially Chaz, should realize they look like Emmy winners compared to this guy:

Say What

Pregnant Man Says Chaz Bono Hurt DWTS Chances

August 31, 2011

Well now I’ve heard it all! (Okay I think it’s very possible I haven’t even begun to hear it all). You remember everyone’s favorite "Pregnant Man" -- Thomas Beatie? Well he believes that he should have been on this season’s Dancing with the Stars, claiming, "Chaz Bono stole my thunder." Trying ...to stifle ... urge ... to laugh … what?!

Beatie told TMZ that he reached out to DWTS casting a few months ago, hoping to land a highly coveted spot on the highly rated competition show – but he never got a call back. :-( Say it ain’t so!? After DWTS announced that Mr. Bono would be on the show, Beatie now thinks he knows why he was rejected: the transgender quota had already been filled.

Beatie says he understands why producers wouldn't cast two “famous” transgender people on the show -- but that he is still upset by the rejection, "I wanted to try my new body out. I’m an athlete and I know I would have excelled."

A shudder just went down my spine after reading that. But uhh I guess there’s always the next round, Tommy Boy.
    Somehow I don't think TPTB will ever be that desperate. I see "stars" (however loosely you want to use that term), campaigning to get on all the time, even going as far as setting up Facebook and twitter accounts to rally support. I've seen some pro dancers go to that extent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    This bit gave me a laugh. Anyone questioning the star power of the current cast, especially Chaz, should realize they look like Emmy winners compared to this guy:

Say What

Somehow I don't think TPTB will ever be that desperate. I see "stars" (however loosely you want to use that term), campaigning to get on all the time, even going as far as setting up Facebook and twitter accounts to rally support. I've seen some pro dancers go to that extent as well.

Kara! How are ya? It's fall already????? I haven't read this thread yet so I don't know how everyone else feels, but I think this is THE worst bunch of "stars" ever! The only reason I will watch is to have a good laugh - Nancy Grace??? Gotta go read the thread to see who my Maks is paired up with....

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    As far as I know, David Arquette is still married to Courtney Cox, they are just separated. From what I've read, it looks as if they may go through with the divorce, but it will be very amicable.
    I'm looking forward to seeing David, Carson and Ricki right off the bat. I may fall in love with some of the others after I see them perform and depending upon their partners. (Yes, I hold the unpopular belief that, for me, the pro is part of the equation when figuring the likeability of a partnership - and for whom I'll vote.)
    I agree Nana - those are the only three I am interested in (at this point).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I agree. I would love to see her bring him out of his shell. I am afraid for them, though. The judges never seem to give Lacey a break.
    To be fair, it may not be a question of the judges giving her a break or not this season. Chaz isn't in the best shape, and he may not be able to do some of the choreography others can because of that. Unfortunately, he may also lose some viewer votes just because he's transgendered, though he may gain some for the same reason.

But realistically, unless he really surprises me in terms of his stamina and gracefulness--and some heavier men really can be graceful dancers--I wouldn't expect him to win, regardless of his partner, unless he came in with a really strong voting block among viewers (or established one along the way).

OMG Two Chmerkovskiy's I have died and gone to heaven - I'm in for the duration or as long as at least one of them is still in it!

I'm happy with most of the pairings!

I don't look for Chaz/Lacey or Rob/Cheryl to last long, which will be fine with me. I don't like Lacey, not interested in Chaz or Rob, and I do like Cheryl but it won't hurt my feelings if she leaves early. I really like Kristin but can't stand Mark. I hope he is not a complete butt this time around. If they make an early exit I wouldn't be devastated just b/c it would be less I'd have to see him.

I do like Ricki Lake, I've always been a big fan, but I just dread another Derek win. I think she will be good. I wouldn't call her a "ringer", but she does probably have one of the biggest fan bases going in and she is likeable, so she already has a good chance at making it far. Plus Derek's rabid fans...oy very. Those people create like a bajillion e-mail accounts each to vote. I wish we would only do so many votes per phone line.

The ones I'm most looking forward to are Carson/Anna, Hope/Maks, JR/Karina and Chynna/Tony. Of those, my two pre-season favorites are Carson/Anna and JR/Karina, only b/c I love each person in those pairings. I love Maks and Tony, but have to see Hope and Chynna in action.

Here's to a great season!
    karalott likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    OMG Two Chmerkovskiy's I have died and gone to heaven - I'm in for the duration or as long as at least one of them is still in it!
    jucamer! No, I can't believe it's time for yet another edition of DWTS. I'm not ready for summer to be over, but most of my summer time favorites weren't very good, so here's hoping for a fun season of dancing (or clomping, depending how it goes). It's great seeing everyone come out of the woodwork. But both Chmerkovskiy's in the ballroom at once, finally, is reason enough to stay tuned Let's see if Brooke can finally figure out how to correctly say their last name now that she has two tries each show. I kind of hope Elizabetta gets the cha cha as her first dance. The first elimination is Sept. 20th, so everyone only gets one chance to make a first impression. I think David, Chaz, Ricki, and Chyna will no doubt be safe week 1. It's the unknowns I'll worry about, especially Elisabetta/Val. In a few interviews I've seen, she's come across fairly cold, but then there's a more outgoing, playful side to her in one that I saw. So hopefully she brings out the latter. Anyway, fingers crossed for both Val and Maks! I also can't wait to see Carson/Anna-I think behind Hope/Maks I'm most looking forward to that duo! I think with Hope/Maks, it's to see what side of Maks we get, and whether Hope is as bad as she claims to be. Carson/Anna are going to be great. My other preseason favorites are Ricki/Derek (yeah, not so much for Derek, but I think they'll be fun and I love Ricki), J.R./Karina (love an underdog), and David/Kym. I like Chyna/Tony, but I'll need to see them in action. I'd love for Tony to have a real contender, because who knows when he'll get another shot again? And I always liked Wilson Phillips. They were a little before I got into bands and music, but I still like some of their songs, and my sister was a huge fan of there's growing up. I really hope Rob goes first. I have no interest in him. Though Cheryl could work a miracle. I'm with those that hope Ricki isn't another easy win for Derek. Some polls I've seen already predict them to win, and it seems Ricki is going in with some of the most hype. Of course, like Gilles, Kirstie, Kelly Osbourne, Warren, and Kyle, new favorites that are being written off now could steal their thunder. I just hope the judges don't overdo the praise for anyone, don't sugar coat the dances while nit picking at someone else for a minor flaw, and don't over score to keep those around who bring controversy (I doubt the show wants to lose Nancy Grace early). I feel like Rob and Kristin could be like the two models who were booted back to back season 5, except this time it'll be 2 reality stars booted back to back. I wonder if Mark's head would explode if he got an early exit, while his BFF coasts into the finals again. I'm rooting right now for Carson/Anna to win it all! Which probably means I just jinxed them
    Last edited by karalott; 09-01-2011 at 12:42 AM.

FORT Fan

It's funny because for me having two Chmerkovskiys on is almost enough to make me not watch this season.
    norealityhere likes this.

On GMA this morning they said there is controversy like crazy over Chaz being on the show with some groups being formed to urge boycots. I'll admit to being pretty conservative in my views, but when it comes to this, who the heck cares? I can't muster up anger over such a personal difficult situation.
    Parkhillian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread