+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Official Cast Reveal (Fall-Season 13)*

Who is John Galt?

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Official Cast Reveal (Fall-Season 13)*

I am underwhelmed by the cast of stars but I like the pros participating (and three new ones). DWTS is starting to bore me quite a bit. It takes me about 45 minutes to watch a 2 hour episode. I just FF through the ones I don't like or care about and just watch the ones who are really good. I just want to see the dancing. I don't care about the interpersonal relationships between stars and pros. I'll do the same with this and if my faves get eliminated, I'll stop watching. I much much prefer SYTYCD. It seems to be that DWTS seems to be having problems getting "stars" and are resorting to controversial people (Chaz Bono, Nancy Grace, and Carson Kressley - altho, of the 3 Kressley is the only one who I would enjoy watching the personal interaction because he is hysterical), or people who are famous for being related to or dating someone famous (the Kardasian son and Canellis), who are jocks, and/or minor starlets in some teenage series. However, there is a true hero in this cast - J. R. Martinez, and him I will be rooting for.
    Last edited by aname2; 08-31-2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: incorrect name

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    When did dating an actor make you a star?
    If you're talking about Elisabetta Canalis, she's also an actress. She played a recurring role in Season 3 of Leverage - I thought she was excellent. But, she's probably much better known in the US for being Clooney's ex.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I thought she was also a pretty big model and actress in Europe? True, she's mainly known here for being Clooney's ex, but I do think she has made a name for herself on her own outside of the US.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I thought she was also a pretty big model and actress in Europe? True, she's mainly known here for being Clooney's ex, but I do think she has made a name for herself on her own outside of the US.
    From the photography sites I belong to, she is a pretty big model here as well. The days of supermodels are long gone but she's done very well for herself. Models typically get voted off pretty quickly, so I don't see her hanging around long.

The more I look at this list, if it conflicts with something else I'm already recording? I will skip this season. There are 2 names on that list that I want to see and that's not really worth the effort in my book.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I don't know much about Kristin, but I can't stand Mark, so hopefully I don't learn to like her and they can have an early exit. Two seasons with Mark in the finals was enough for me.
    Why couldn't they pair Kristin up with anyone other than Mark?! Why does all the young eye-candy get Mark as a partner?! I thought Mark would've done himself a favor and rest for a season or two before showing his arrogant mug on TV again. Damn it!

Gimme pizza you old troll Newsvixen's Avatar

Rob Kardashian is a star? Seriously??? Ugg, I can just see the entire Kardashian clan front and center in the audience getting in all the camera time in they can.

Looking forward to the entertainment by this season's cast, particularly Carson, Nancy, Ricki and David and being charmed by Maks baby brother Val. I hope to be delightfully surprised by many of the cast that I only know by name. The cast and new pro's are so diverse that this season could be a good one - we are in for some fun, laughs and surprises! Props to Karalott for getting the pairings right!
    karalott likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by SmittenKitten View Post
    I have a question...has anyone heard if there will be online voting this season?
    As far as I know, yes, they're doing online voting. And to answer your question earlier about looking forward to the Chmerkovskiy bros-absolutely! I'm so excited to see Val joining. Ever since he did the dance off with Maks back in season 4, I've been hoping to see him join as a pro. I thought the day would never get here. And since I worry that Maks's time on the show might be limited (seems like he has a lot of different opporunities coming up all the time for his business), at least I could have Val. Or maybe that'll keep Maks around a few seasons more. It sounded like he wasn't returning this season. I hope both partners are good matches for them. I love the bond they have.

Can't wait to see Carson, he should be a hoot.

I'm thrilled that both Maks and Tony have great partners.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    As far as I know, yes, they're doing online voting. And to answer your question earlier about looking forward to the Chmerkovskiy bros-absolutely! I'm so excited to see Val joining. Ever since he did the dance off with Maks back in season 4, I've been hoping to see him join as a pro. I thought the day would never get here. And since I worry that Maks's time on the show might be limited (seems like he has a lot of different opporunities coming up all the time for his business), at least I could have Val. Or maybe that'll keep Maks around a few seasons more. It sounded like he wasn't returning this season. I hope both partners are good matches for them. I love the bond they have.
    Hi, Kara I'm really looking forward to seeing Maks and Val interact too and maybe Maks will stay around longer now that his brother will hopefully be a regular pro.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva View Post
    Props to Karalott for getting the pairings right!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

+ Reply to Thread