+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Official Cast Reveal (Fall-Season 13)*

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Official Cast Reveal (Fall-Season 13)*

Who is Hope Solo? New name to me.
    Goalkeeper for the US women's soccer team...she's the one person I'm most excited about watching this season. And not just because she's paired with my fantasy boyfriend either. I'm a huge fan of women's soccer and have followed Solo's career for a while now. Maks "jokingly" asked her on one of the late night shows to partner with him right after the WWC and she laughed it off saying she couldn't walk in heels, much less dance in them. She's outspoken and takes no crap from anyone. It'll be interesting to see how she and Maks mix it up.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Sounds like she will be fun to watch. Thanks.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Sounds like she could be a mix between Laila and Mel B. If she can get Maks the trophy, I'll love her for it. Those were two of Maks's best partnerships, along with Kirstie. They had that playful banter but those girls all went toe to toe with him. I know that most of the pros are soccer fans, and that the US team got a lot of buzz this year due to the World Cup, but I wonder what made Maks want to partner Hope I really hope she's a better dancer than she's letting on or her whips her into shape. I'll be worried about both Chmerkovskiy's in the mean time. I don't follow soccer, so the only players I could name off the top of my head are David Beckham, Brandi Chastain, and Mia Hamm. Hope's the only one I wouldn't have at least heard of ahead of time if she hadn't been rumored. Wonder what made hehr change her mind. Oh well, I look forward to rooting for her and Maks. We've had enough male athletes win, now let's get another female athlete in the winner's circle. Sounds like the partnerships, based on leaks and speculation, are what everyone is saying: Rob/Cheryl, Chaz/Lacey, J.R./Karina (spoiled on DWTS Gossip, and based on friendship connections and height would probably be right), leaving Anna with Carson, Ron/Peta, and David/Kym (spoiled by TMZ). For the girls, nothing except Hope/Maks sounds concrete, but Nancy/Tristan based on a TMZ spoiler, Kristin/Mark, Chynna/Tony (spoiled by DWTS Gossip), and by process of elimination, Ricki/Derek and Elizabetta/Val (seen leaving rehearsals around the same time). We'll find out tomorrow if it's accurate!

My pre-season predictions are usually wrong, but this might be the first time Cheryl is ever booted first. Rob seems like an easy person to pick as a first out, though I have a feeling the Kardashian fan base might keep him in a few weeks (or at least long enough so they can drum up interest for Kim's wedding special). I think David and Carson will go far, though I could see reasons coming up that could possibly have them go early/middle of the pack. But I don't see that happening. Carson seems to be a big pre-season fan favorite, and David's the most well known. I'm up in the air how long J.R., Ron, and Chaz will last. I think it could go either way. As for the girls, I think it's even more of a toss up. Many are predicting Nancy as an early boot, but I think she could surprise and last long. Ricki will probably be the stand out. I hope she's not a full fledged ringer, but at least she'll be a ringer I like for a change Elizabetta's probably the least known on that side, but she might surprise.

My pre-season favorites are JR Martinez, Ricki Lake, Hope Solo, and Carson!!!

I really hope JR does well..I just adore him!!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Yay for Carson Kressly, he will be hilarious! I'd love it if he were paired with Louis...
    That's hysterical!

I am also looking forward to Carson Kressly.

I'm bummed the Kim Richards rumor didn't ring true, though.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I got thinking, Joel McHale should have some good bits for The Soup with this cast (along with Jimmy Kimmell). Joel often pokes fun at both Jane Valez-Mitchell and Nancy Grace, and comments on Nancy's firing squad sense of reporting, along with her hair cut and pant suits that she often wears while on the set. I'm sure that, along with Rob, Carson, and Kristin will give him some fodder for a few weeks. The first two dances being reported are the cha cha and VW. Which shouldn't be a surprise, since the cha cha has always been the week 1 dance since season 1, and it's either the VW, waltz, or foxtrot with it. After all the cha chas last season, I wouldn't have minded a break. Kristin said she's doing the cha cha, and loves her partner. But I don't think the pros or celebs can say if they hated each other, even if that was the case. From what I heard about Mark's choreography attempt on SYTYCD over the summer, he hasn't learned anything, but if he'd dial his attitude back 99%, I'd find him likeable again. I kind of hope Ricki isn't the ringer people think she'll be. As I said, at least I'd finally get a ringer I like, but one of the things that'll ruin the season for me is if it's obvious early on who will probably wind up winning, or being in the winner's circle. Derek's fan base in itself is enough to guarantee him half the season. I know it's not supposed to be about the pro, but I really hope someone not named Derek or Kym wins this season (I'd throw Mark and Cheryl in there but I'll be surprised to see either one of them at the half way point). It'd be great if Val, Peta, or Tristan made it to the end. I think that'd be the first time since Julianne that a pro made the finals in their first season. Of course, that was the early days of DWTS, and we haven't had as many new pros added since. I can't wait to see how the partners are put together, but I hope the rumors are true, at least in some of the cases. I was watching Chelsea Lately tonight, and that was another show mocking the lack of star power. I'm content, however, with what we have. I think David Arquette is somewhat of a big get. I kind of consider him more B-list by association, but at least he has more to his name than a reality show. And thanks for the correction nana on his marital status to Courtney; I thought they were officially divorced but I must have seen an article that just mentioned it. I remember being heart broken when I heard they were splitting. They were one of the few couples in Hollywood I thought would be together in their old age and wouldn't be on the side of divorce statistics

When the Kim Richards rumor was floating around, I thought they'd make an exception to not wanting any Housewives personalities, because I was surprised she was a former child actor (and the aunt to Paris Hilton). That's another series I don't pay attention to, so unless they pop up on some late night show I watch, I'd never hear of them.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Hopefully it's okay to have a seperate thread for the live announcement. DWTS Gossip earlier leaked our cast is going to be J.R. Martinez, Ryan O'Neal, Chaz Bono, Ron Artest, Rob Kardashian, David Arquette, Kristin Cavallri, Elizabeth Canalis, Ricki Lake, Nancy Grace, Chyna Phillips, and Hope Solo. Let's see if they're right! Pretty much all the names have already been confirmed to some degree.

The pros returning are 3 newbies (Val Chmerkovskiy, Peta Murgatroyd, and Tristan MacManus), along with regulars Derek, Mark, Maks, Tony, Cheryl, Karina, Anna, Kym, and Lacey.

Official partners are being revealed live on GMA Wed. morning.
    I'm undecided about this season. We just got cable back after Irene but I watched a video on the smart phone that had the reveal and it didn't show half these people, just the big names and I got excited. Then I saw the complete list? And not so much. Most of these people seem to be complete unknowns (the Kardashian brother) or reality stars! What, they couldn't get any D list celebs to pony-up? Maybe they should muzzle their judges a little bit more. If I were a celeb of any caliber, I would not come on this show to be mocked and ridiculed by the judges.

Of course Derek would get Ricki, the one already heavily favored to win on popularity/likeability alone. I would love to know what the Unholy Trio have on the producers, it must be epic if they season after season are given the pick of the litter (maybe a couple of exceptions but nothing like the stinkers some of the others always get!).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Chaz paired with Lacey...why am I not surprised at this? This should be interesting. Can't wait to see Carrie Ann lock horns with the ever-so-pretensiously-annoying Nancy Grace. If there is someone I want to see knocked down a few pegs it's her.

Compared to last season, this season's casting does seem a little lackluster, but we'll see. Sometimes these things have a way of surprising us. I'm glad to see Ricki Lake will be on. I always knew she'd eventually end up on this show. Who is Ron Artest paired with? He's such a giant I can't imagine which of the pros would be tall enough for him.

Carson should be a hoot. I'm afraid to think of the banter that is bound to be tossed back and forth between he and Bruno...lol
    Allie likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I watched last season for the very first time because they had HINES WARD as a contestant. I tried . . . really I did . . . to watch the entire show, but I just couldn't do it. Way too much talking, not enough dancing. Ended up dvr'ing the shows and fast-forwarding to watch Hines and that's it.

If I was going to watch this year (mighty big IF), I'd be rooting for J. R. Martinez. I did not recognize his name, but when I saw the picture, I knew instantly who he was.

Might have watched if Ryan O'Neal had been on as I am at an age where I can fondly remember his younger, happier years.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Did I somehow miss the entire list of pairings on GMA? I only saw David, Carson, Ricki and Chaz. Does anyone have a full list? They must have finished announcing when I walked out of the room.

+ Reply to Thread