+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Official Cast Reveal (Fall-Season 13)*

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Official Cast Reveal (Fall-Season 13)*

I'm completely underwhelmed by the new cast. Usually there's someone who I tune in for. Last year was Kirstie Alley & she didn't dissappoint. In the process I find a few more I don't know, but am drawn to.
    This season I'm going to try to skip it. I've found that this Summer's lack of interesting shows has freed up my time to be outdoors & to read more. I'm kind of liking that.
    Who knows, maybe I'll crack & tune in & be hooked, but so far it's not on my radar.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I'm pretty underwhelmed, as well.
    However, with Derek back, I'll probably have to tune in.

Sorry to hear that Ryan was injured, but I do think Carson's a hoot.

While I do think it's great that Chaz has been selected as a contestant, I can't seem to erase from my mind meeting him (her) many years ago in a supermarket in Santa Monica, CA. She appeared to be the average pre-teen, shy and diffident. What a difference the years make!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm pretty happy with the cast. I always expect not to know who half of them are, since I'm selective about my reality TV and sports viewing. But for me, I think Carson and Ricki are going to be a goldmine. David Arquette might also be a hoot, as long as he stays in the spirit of things. (Will his ex-wife and ABC star Courtney Cox be in the audience with the kids? They're still quite friendly)

Plus it will be fun to laugh at Nancy Grace when she makes an ass of herself.
    Allie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Somehow, I don't see Nancy doing this if she didn't have at least some ability. She may be the one who everyone expects to be one thing, but turns out being a fan favorite by the time the season's over. She seems to have a really devout fan base, so that could very well help her. Plus, she's well known and her talk show is, I think, HLN's highest rated. She seems like a less screaming banshee when she's not calling the shots and not the one in control. I actually hope she rips Bruno and CA a new one. They may have met their match. I wouldn't be surprised if they save her, Chaz, and Carson towards the end the first week. They're probably 3 of the ones who will be getting the most buzz leading into the premiere, along with David Arquette. I have high hopes Chaz's appearance doesn't turn into another ugly season like when Bristol was on. Unlike Bristol, I don't think Chaz will milk the whole political and social interest angle his story brings, and I doubt he'd want the producers making more out of it than there is. I don't really expect much from him, dance wise, especially if he gets Lacey (whose choreography I find weak to begin with). But he'll be a soft spot worth rooting for for now. I think David Arquette could crash and burn early if people get behind some of the lesser knowns once the season gets underway. I wouldn't be surprised if Courtney Cox makes an appearance. ABC always uses DWTS to pimp it's shows, so now they have more of an excuse to have her in the audience. I always liked him, except his post-split behavior, but I think he and Kym will be a lot of fun. Kym usually is such a joy to watch on her own. I didn't expect to like Audrina as much as I did, so the jury is out for me on Kristin. What I had seen of her I didn't like, and if she gets Mark, I almost hope I don't like her. I really don't want to see him on my screen longer than I have to.

I still think Rob could be the first one to go. But I wouldn't be surprised if his family weasels a way to keep him around. I'm really not looking forward to seeing any of them every week. Unless he turns out being a much better dancer than I'm thinking, I really don't think he'll last long. Never heard of Ron Artest, but never count out athletes. Even ones that are almost 7 foot and may have to glide across the dance floor while their partner strains their neck to make eye contact and has to dance around them. I'm most anxious at seeing Hope Solo. When Maks first announced she was his dream partner, there was an article from someone who probably claims to be a feminist, saying that Hope would be setting herself and women in sports back if she participated on this show. This might be the same lady who bashed Erin Andrews when she was on the show, because she made a reference to her, saying it's hard enough being taken seriously in a man's world without living up to the stereotypes of women who dress in skimpy costumes and shake it on the floor. People like that annoy me and do nothing to support whatever cause they claim to be a part of. Since Hope originally said no because of no dancing ability, I really hope she can turn it around and become a dancer. Maks did well with Laila, but Misty got injured and had to withdraw. Not only that, but Misty needed work. She probably would have improved, but she had a ways to go. I think Chynna Phillips could go either way. Out of the cast announcement last night, I thought she and Rob looked the least excited to be there. As long as Ricki and Carson are around, it'll be a good season. And I have high hopes for J.R., Hope, Elizabetta, Chaz, and Chynna. I'm sure at least a couple of them will deliver.

As far as I know, David Arquette is still married to Courtney Cox, they are just separated. From what I've read, it looks as if they may go through with the divorce, but it will be very amicable.
    I'm looking forward to seeing David, Carson and Ricki right off the bat. I may fall in love with some of the others after I see them perform and depending upon their partners. (Yes, I hold the unpopular belief that, for me, the pro is part of the equation when figuring the likeability of a partnership - and for whom I'll vote.)

This is how I feel about some of the contestants who I know something about. JMO, of course. Never watched Carson's show but I've seen him around. I think he'll be a fun person to watch.

Nancy Grace...she seems like such a mean spirited person when condemning people who she thinks are guilty of crimes. I'm looking forward to seeing how she is off of her show & if I can tolerate her. I hope she doesn't scream over top of her dance partner when he is saying things she doesn't want to hear.

David...he should be a hoot! He is so strange but funny at the same time during interviews.

J.R. Martinez...I have a lot of respect for what he gave for his country & how he handled his loss. I'm hoping he does well.

Ricki Lake should be a blast too. Don't watch her show but I have seen her around & she seems to have a great personality.

Chaz...I don't know much about him other than who his parents are, what he has been through, etc. I have well wishes for him.

Don't know anything about George Clooney's ex, Elisebetta except she is ridiculously beautiful! My husband will enjoy watching her!

Hope Solo should do well, I think. She's another hottie & a great athlete.

Rob K...I've seen him on the Kardashians a few times & he seems to be a nice guy. He can be pretty funny too so we should have a few laughs with him.

Oh...I do like Chynna. I've read a few articles about her life lately & she seems like a nice person. Easy on the eyes as well so the male fans have a lot of pretty gals to look at this season.

I must say that I'm excited to have Maks baby bro, Val on this season. Anyone else looking forward to this?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Fall seasons are typically worse than spring seasons, but this cast looks so good on paper, I'm hoping nothing screws it up (looking at you, producers). My only concern about Chaz is what I stated above: I don't want it to turn into another Bristol situation, where he stinks on the dance floor, but is kept around by groups who support his cause and brag about rigging the vote and not even watching, but want to annoy the conservative viewing base and get back at those who kept Bristol around. Last season was pretty much drama free, except at the end, and I loved it. At least on paper no one seems to have a clear advantage based on fan base or dance experience. I'm glad the rumors of Snooki and Christina Milan turned out not to be true. I'm not looking forward to Kristin (if she gets Mark), or Rob, but am cool with everyone else so far. This seems like the average cast they get every season, so I'm not sure why people are saying it lacks star power. Hell could freeze over and pigs could start flying, and they still wouldn't get Beyonce or George Clooney (I guess his ex fits the bill, though, and seems to fit the mold of what casting this show is all about). Watching Rob last night, and seeing his mom in the audience, it reminded me of a scene from Toddlers and Tiaras where the kid is forced onstage or else they won't get their pixie sticks. He just didn't look thrilled to be there. Last season many complained it was going to be the worst season ever, where was the controversial stunt casting ala Kate and Bristol, and yet it turned out to be the most enjoyable in a long time. Ratings will probably take a hit over all, with the X Factor debuting (and if there's one show I want to see crash and burn, it's that one). At it's worst in recent seasons, I think season 9 average 18 million viewers. And that was with an Osmond on board and 16 contestants. I just don't want the show to think the key to casting is with Snooki, teen mom rejects, and the Kardashian clan and reality families on TLC.
    nanarama likes this.

Who is Hope Solo? New name to me.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I think they're missing the one big star they usually have--someone that WAS an A-list star, but is now past their prime. There is really no one in this cast that could ever claim to have been on the A-list.

Maybe this is just as well as those people are often so far over the hill that they don't do well. But they at least gave some legitamacy to the "stars" aspect of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Who is Hope Solo? New name to me.
    Goalkeeper for the US Women's national soccer team.

+ Reply to Thread