+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Official Cast Reveal (Fall-Season 13)*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Official Cast Reveal (Fall-Season 13)*

Looks like Ryan O'Neal was supposed to be on this season, but had to pull out due to an injury. So the list would have been completely accurate otherwise. I think whoever was supposed to have Ryan but got Carson instead will do a lot better.

Injury Prevents Ryan O’Neal From Competing On ‘Dancing With The Stars’ | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

Nancy is 51, so I think she's the oldest. (but not like Cloris or Buzz).
    As far as tall pro women, wasn't that tall blonde named Anna? She was on a couple seasons ago. Last name began with a "D" I think.
    I remember her. "America's Pro". I liked her, and wish she was given another chance. Anna really shined during that pro competition but seemed to come off really shy and unsure of herself when she was partnered with a celeb. She kind of reminded me of Elena Grinenko, who was a pro way back. It'd make sense to have Anna return over giving a female pro a celeb that's a foot taller than them. I remember Elena partnered that basketball player during season 4, and he towered over her. Cheryl was able to make it work with Rick, because the height difference didn't really seem to effect their dances. It wasn't as obvious as I thought it would be, even though it did hinder them at times. tristan is rumored to be with Nancy, but it's possible he flew to Atlanta to meet another female celeb who may have been there for a business appearance. I think it'd be more hysterical if Nancy got Mark. I think she'd set his ego straight about 2 second flats if he tried and pulled any crap with her. I don't know, I feel like Nancy could really let loose and surprise everyone. She's out of her element and knows it, so she may actually be a really good student and take the constructive criticism well. And if she can dance, and bring a little fun to her personality while trading snarky zingers, she might turn into this season's Kelly Osbourne. I'm going to guess Kristin with Mark, as that just seems like his type, but I can picture her with Derek easy enough. Ricki's personality might fit better with Mark's high strung antics.

I originally thought Anna was going to get Ryan O'Neal, so if that's the case, that means she'll get Carson instead. I'm sticking with Rob/Cheryl for now, Chaz/Lacey, Ron/Karina, David/Kym, JR/Peta, Carson/Anna, Chynna/Tony, Hope/Maks, Elizabetta/Val, Nancy/Tristan, Kristin/Mark, and Ricki/Derek. We'll see how wrong I end up being.

I don't think Rob will last long. I'm not sure how the DWTS translates into Kardashian viewers, and whether Kardashian fans will be tempted to tune in and vote for the less famous brother. If his dancing tanks, I can't seeing him getting past the third boot, unless there's something in his contract to keep him in the spotlight leading up to Kim's wedding special. I'm also iffy on how well the rest of the guys will do. David could be going in with the expectation because he's the big name of the season, he'll have the fan base to carry him. I always liked him, and I love Kym. I don't know that I see her getting back to back wins, but if he doesn't overdo it in thinking he's got the recognition and popularity to go far, bad dancing or not, he could be a surprising early ouster. J.R. and Chaz will be the inspirational stories this season, but I don't know how well J.R. is, and if that'll be enough. If Ron is as much of a jerk as is being described, he could be another early boot. I don't know that I see him being a decent dancer. As for the girls, I think Kristin might be an early ouster. Possibly Chynna, Elizabetta, and Hope if they don't have the fan base or dance skills. I think if Hope has Maks, she's going to be around a few Maks, bad dancer or not, because of his popularity. It's not the most exciting cast ever, but Tom is right when it's surprising. It seems like every season is some sort of cast blend that Tom repeats over and over again.

Well I have to root for my Lakers boy first! Then Carson. Very underwhelmed about the cast as a whole.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey

Love Carson Kresley and Ricky Lake! It will be interesting to watch Nancy Grace. What is her personality like when not playing the angry, aggessive legal analyst? It will be interesting to see if Chaz survives long enough to lose some weight. I don't find the others all that compelling.

This show is not a favorite of mine but I do watch with liberal FF.

I was VERY pleasantly surprised hearing Carson Kressley's name called! That man is hilarious! I think your pairs might be right Kara, only I'd switch Peta and Karina. I like Peta, but I don't want Karina stuck with a jerk. Plus Karina tweeted something about her body being tired but her mind and heart being "inspired" the other day, which makes me lean toward her getting JR. :fingers crossed: I wished they'd announce the pairs today instead of tomorrow. I really have no idea how the voting will go. Its totally up in the air this year, and I love that. The only two I see having next to zero fan base is Rob and Chaz.

I noticed you said no footballer and no token older contestant, Kara, and that was exactly what I was thinking. No Disney kid either.

I'm actually REALLY excited about this season! And my 3yo is ecstatic "the dancing show" will be coming on again soon. She gets to stay up late on performance nights

FORT Fogey

If Carson could make it to the point where he gets to help design his partner's costume....what a hoot! His opinions about that will be very definite. In fact, regardless of how he dances, I'm looking forward to his commentary about everyone's outfits, including his own.

I'm kind of glad Derek got Ricki Lake. Nothing against Ricki herself, but she's not likely to be the kind of obvious ringer Derek usually gets. I don't know Mark's partner, but I'm wondering if he were rewarded a bit more, partner-wise, than Derek, because he and Chelsea didn't win last season.

FORT Fogey

It appears that Anna was originally assigned Ryan O'Neal, who had to drop out, due to an injury. If that's the case, she might well be with Carson. I don't know how well he can dance, but I like Carson and Anna, so I don't mind the pairing. He's kind of tall for her, but so was Evan, so it's not like it's her first tall partner.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Nancy Grace? UGH...can't wait to see her get knocked down a peg or two by the judges. However, I am thrilled to hear Riki Lake and Chaz Bono will be on this season!
    Allie likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

I like some of the cast, but as usual have no idea whom a lot of them are. JR? Hope? Elizabeta? Kristin no thank you. Hopefully Riki, CArson, and David will be interesting enough to make me watch.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    I was VERY pleasantly surprised hearing Carson Kressley's name called! That man is hilarious! I think your pairs might be right Kara, only I'd switch Peta and Karina. I like Peta, but I don't want Karina stuck with a jerk. Plus Karina tweeted something about her body being tired but her mind and heart being "inspired" the other day, which makes me lean toward her getting JR. :fingers crossed: I wished they'd announce the pairs today instead of tomorrow. I really have no idea how the voting will go. Its totally up in the air this year, and I love that. The only two I see having next to zero fan base is Rob and Chaz.

I noticed you said no footballer and no token older contestant, Kara, and that was exactly what I was thinking. No Disney kid either.

I'm actually REALLY excited about this season! And my 3yo is ecstatic "the dancing show" will be coming on again soon. She gets to stay up late on performance nights
    I'm sorry Ryan was injured, but really happy Carson was the replacement. I said before, whoever Ryan's partner was (I'm guessing Anna), will probably do a lot better with Carson. He's the one I'm most looking forward to watching. When they announced his name in the line up, I thought maybe one or two other names that were originally leaked might be wrong, too. And I was disappointed, because, like last season, I could really get into this cast. So I was hoping the rumored names would be right. I could do without the Kardashian bro, but everyone else I either need to see or am looking forward to. I like having a cast that you actually have to watch to form an opinion as to whether they're going to win or last long, instead of being able to tell before the season even starts. It seems like it's following a similar casting formula to last season. It might not be the A-list cast TPTB were hyping about getting, but I'd take Ricki and Carson over Brad and Angelina any day. I think it really will come down to fanbases in the first few weeks, and whether anyone who might be more of unknown can wow like Gilles did. If Val got Elizabetta, she's the one I'm hoping will have staying power. I'd really hate to see him exit early on his first season, although I doubt the producers want him gone early. If the producers stay out of meddling with the format and trying to create drama, showmances, encouraging bickering with the judges, and don't throw any twists like a WTA dance that'll ensure some couple in the finals, it'll be a great season I can't wait to see what the new stage is like. I'd like to think Brooke improved on her co-hosting abilities in the off season, but watching her last night, I guess we're stuck with the same old vacant staring, can't wing an interview and can't read a teleprompter Brooke. Maybe if Elizabetta makes enough of an impression she'll take over in the future.

I'm actually glad there's no football players this season. I usually root for them and enjoy them, but I'm glad we're getting a break. They almost always make the finals, or close to it, and even LT and Michael Irvin made it half way. There really wasn't any suspense about Hines winning last season. Once I heard he was a Steeler, I knew he'd get their fanbase behind him and make it extremely far, if not win. So that along with Mark put a damper on last season for me. I could easily see Karina paired with J.R. It's obviously speculation, but I could see them giving her someone like him. Some of the pros used to be considered a lot tougher in their edits and teaching methods, but watching them all these seasons, it's become more of a running joke that Maks is a bad boy, and Karina's mellowed out from her days of giving the icy glares and b****y pouts.

Overall....

The Pros: No obvious ringers, seems to be some interesting personalities.

The Cons: Certainly not A-list, don't know most of these people, some are well known mostly for negative reasons, most vocal reaction was from political groups so good chance we'll see repeat of Bristol voting. Chealsie gone.

Specifically...

Rob K. Not knowing anything about him, I assume they went down the line of Kardashian until they found someone to say yes. Maybe he is really famous and I just don't know him, but since I know his sisters and parents and never heard of him the show looks really, really desperate.

Nancy Grace. Never heard of her, but many people apparently hate her. Could be interesting.

Chaz. We'll probably look back on Season 13 and base our opinions of the entire season on Chaz. It could get ugly. Or he could depart early. Maybe Cher will show up.

Solo: I didn't watch much of the soccer, but when I saw her my first reaction was that she needed to be on DWTS. I'll probably be voting for her.

Ricki: Well, that's pretty close to my username on this site so I'll have to vote for her too. She is probably the most well known, at least for me. Seems harmless.

Ron: Isn't he the guy that jumped into the stands and attacked a fan? And wants to change his name to World Peace? Maybe he'll attack the judges. Or Brooke.

Others: I don't know any of the others. They look attractive and not too feeble.

+ Reply to Thread