+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Official Cast Reveal (Fall-Season 13)*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Official Cast Reveal (Fall-Season 13)*

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    So Carson replaces O'Neal and all other speculation was correct?
    Yep. Ryan O'Neal, J.R., and Ricki were the last names to get leaked, so I'm not surprised one of them proved wrong. I think I'd rather have Carson than Ryan. I'm pretty happy with this cast! I'll have to wait and see them, but I like the pros and like most of the celebs. My pre-show faves are David, Carson, Chyna, and Ricki, and I'm looking forward to J.R. and Chaz. I hope that Chaz doesn't become this season's Bristol Palin, in that he's kept around as a vote for the worst or as a political stunt to prove a point. I'm not sure what his dancing ability will be like. Chaz has mentioned before that he was shy and didn't like being on his parent's show; he lacked charisma. So we'll see if that hinders him, but I give him credit. I think Nancy will be the surprise of the season or completely bomb. I have high hopes for Ricki and Chyna. Hope says she can't dance to save her life, so hopefully she's got some sort of learning potential (especially if she has Maks). Not sure if I see the Kardashian bro lasting long. Other than that, on paper at least, it seems like almost everyone could be on equal footing.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-29-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Yay for Carson Kressly, he will be hilarious! I'd love it if he were paired with Louis...

Strange comment. Why would Carson be partnered with Louis Van Amstel?
    Male stars are partnered with female pros, female stars are partnered with males.

Anyway . . . .for me the shocker is Nancy Grace. However, she has a large fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post

Strange comment. Why would Carson be partnered with Louis Van Amstel?
    Male stars are partnered with female pros, female stars are partnered with males.
    Three international versions of DWTS (Israel, Austria, and Slovak Republic) have each featured a same sex duo, and the US version has hinted they would consider it. I guess Chaz might be an experiment to see how the audience reacts to a transgendered contestant, even though he's being partnered with a female. The Israeli version had a lesbian duo, who I don't think lasted very long. The Austrian and Slovak Republic's each had a male/male duo. SR's season hasn't aired yet, but the couple on the Austrian one went very far. So I guess it depends how cool your viewing audience is, and whether the couple in question is even worth rooting for. I think Carson and Louis would be a riot. I can see why Louis isn't on this season, though, doesn't look like there were enough partners his size to go around. I hope Carson gets Anna, or maybe the new girl, Peta. I think he and Anna would be a riot together. However, I hope they don't completely go the comedy route for every dance. I think that did Margaret Cho in her first week. I'm still thinking Chaz for Lacey, based on height, but maybe Anna, as I think she's the next shortest female pro. No idea who will get Ron Artest. I'm guessing Karina or Cheryl.

Wonder who Nancy Grace's lucky pro will be? (Corky? Tony? )
    Admit I can't wait to see the rehearsal footage.

Should be an interesting season. It's too bad that abc is shutting down the forum tho. That's half the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Wonder who Nancy Grace's lucky pro will be? (Corky? Tony? )
    Admit I can't wait to see the rehearsal footage.
    I hadn't thought about Corky (I admit that I try and block him out when I can-dealing with his offspring is enough). Nancy is rumored to be paired with newbie Tristan (they don't treat their newbies very well ) It would have been interesting to see Nancy and Corky, because I don't she would have let him get away with his pervy antics that he's pulled on his partners in the past. The other rumored pairs are Hope/Maks (she was his dream partner, and sent a tweet that she meant just for him to see that went public), Chyna/Tony (spoiled by DWTS Gossip), Elizabeth/Val (this isn't set in stone, but she was seen leaving rehearsals, and he came out not long after her), Kristin/Mark (same as Elizabeth/Val, though she might get Derek based on height), Nancy/Tristan (he went to Atlanta to meet his partner, where she lives, spoiled by TMZ), and by process of elimination, Ricki/Derek or possibly Mark. I think Elizabeth, Kristin, and Ricki are still up in the air, though. We'll find out Wednesday, assuming it doesn't get spoiled before then As for the guys, Cheryl and Karina both said they wanted to partner Rob. He seems like a Lacey type, but Cheryl is friends with the family and was at Kim's wedding. Karina often gets early ousters. David Arquette and Kym were both seen in the studio together. Ron is 6'7", so I have no idea who will get him. Rick Fox was the same height, so I don't know if they'll give him to Cheryl. If he's as big a tool as people are saying, they might give him someone that's tough. Chaz could go to Anna or Lacey based on height. Kind of more of a toss up here. I also just realized, this is the first time since season 5 we haven't had an NFL player on. And no token old person slot.

Nancy is 51, so I think she's the oldest. (but not like Cloris or Buzz).
    As far as tall pro women, wasn't that tall blonde named Anna? She was on a couple seasons ago. Last name began with a "D" I think.

Lol whoever Nancy's partner better make sure he is ready to have her yelling at him on the daily,lol. Is Derek on the season? I would love to see nancy give him the business,lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Carson Kressley! Carson lives in my neighborhood and is so sweet and hilarious. I love him so much! I saw Kara's spoiler list without his name and was kind of bummed overall but Carson really turns that around, I think. He'll bring so much life and energy to the show.

Still a little bit bummed because there are very few athletes this time around and I think they bring a great competitive spirit to DWTS. It's Just Ron Artest and Hope, whom I've never heard of before. I think you're right Kara that Hope will be paired with Maks. She's tall so she'd have to be paired with Maks, Val or Tony unless the other new pro who is a guy is also tall.

I'm glad Derek will be back but is it so wrong of me to hope that he'll be paired with Nancy Grace?
    luvsginger likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I'm thrilled to see JR in the cast this season! I hope DWTS fans will fall in love with him the way AMC fans have. He came onto AMC after a search for a war vet to play what I think was not supposed to be a long-term role. He's been on the show (now as a contract player) for nearly three years because his character is so popular.

I hope the Kardashian kid goes first. I've had my fill of that family - they're all famous for doing nothing.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread