+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Just saw on MSNBC that Derek will definitely be back. If he gets another ringer, that'll free up some time for me, because I won't bother watching.

There's also talk that he's high on the list of candidates to star in the remake of Dirty Dancing. I'm looking forward to seeing Julianne in the remake of Footloose, but not sure if I'd want to see Derek in DD. He's just too over the top for me. If Kenny Ortega could keep Derek's mugging under control, I'd enjoy the dancing in the movie (especially if they cast Melanie from SYTYCD as "Baby").

I will say this: If Mark Ballas is even allowed on the set of DD, I'm not going to spend one second of my time or one penny of my money on that movie. I really, really dislike him - as a dancer and as a personality.
    I think they'd be better off telling Mark that the movie is being filmed in Siberia and lead him on a wild goose chase. I can only imagine how his head will explode if Derek was actually cast. Honestly, I think they're crazy to remake a movie like Dirty Dancing. I thought it was equally as crazy to remake Footloose. And I think Kenny Ortega and whoever else is involved is crazy to cast anyone from any dancing show just to try and increase the buzz among younger viewers. No one can replace Patrick Swayze or Jennifer Gray, and I can't picture anyone on DWTS even fitting that role. Derek looks too young and baby face. CA is the one I originally saw suggest Derek as Johnny (not surprised). Using them as dance doubles, fine, but I think they need people who can actually carry the roles. I didn't hear such positive things about Julianne's acting abilities when she tried out for Footloose. I think Derek's time on DWTS is coming to an end in the near future, just because I think, like Julianne, he'll have other opportunities. I'm kidding myself that I say I wouldn't watch because of Derek, because I do enjoy his dancing (not so much all his choreography-like any pro, it's hit or miss and like any ringer, it's hard for me to get into a routine they can do so easily). But if there's no one I like in the finale, or towards the end, and it looks like he's winning his 4th mirrorball, I may tune out. As long as there's celebs and pros I like, I'll keep watching. Maybe Derek will actually get a celeb I like, or I'll like this Christina Milan (never heard of her).

Perez Hilton is reporting that singer/actress Chyna Phillips is joining the cast. And I'm still seeing Snooki, QL, and Tiffani all lumped in as being onboard. Either they didn't get the memo that they aren't doing it, or it is all TPTB making them say that so their cast doesn't get spoiled ahead of time. I'm surprised there hasn't been more rumors or spoilers on the mens side. Only Rob Kardashian and Ron Artest.

And though I may disagree on Derek with his fans, at least we can all agree on the greatness that is DanceCenter I wish they did that all season.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-14-2011 at 05:56 PM.

I didn't see any speculation in this thread on Vienna Girardi from The Bachelor and The Bachelor Pad2, but I thought I'd share this.
    ViennaGirardi Vienna Girardi
    They asked me. Ask @chelsiehightowr RT @BritishEmma21: Question: Did @viennagirardi ask to dance on DWTS or did THEY ask her?
    16 hours ago

UGH, why don't they just change the name of the show to Dancing with the Reality Stars? Kristen, Rob, Snooki - and Ashley and now we find out Vienna were asked? I can honestly say in every season I have watched, with the exception of Melissa Rycroft (no rocks please), there is not one reality star I have rooted for to win. Some are tolerable, but most of them are normal people who got themselves onto a TV show because they are so over the top and ridiculous. And then they all buy into their own press and think they are the greatest things out there. DWTS used to be different. Sadly, the more I hear, the less I am looking forward to this upcoming season.

:peaks head in: Wow, haven't been here in forever! Time flies I guess. How are you guys?! I can't wait for the new season.

Some of this year's rumors appeal to me, some make me want to throw something. Rob Kardashian? Meh. Chynna Phillips? Yea! Snooki? No way. Unless she gets Derrick or Mark as her partner, then I will be on board. :evil grin: Kristen Cavallari? I actually like Kristen, and after Jay Cutler called off their engagement, over the phone TWO DAYS after she did an ad for a magazine in bridal gowns, I really hope she is on the show and looks great in all the costumes and shakes it like there's no tomorrow and makes the jerk eat his heart out. Queen Latifah? I love her, but I'd be scared even if she was horrible she would get the votes, b/c of who she is. Tiffani Thiessan? LOVE but don't think it's happening. I know nothing of the basketball players. Christina Milian? She would be a ringer I think, so not sure I like the idea, but I have liked her in the movies she's done. Is that all of them?

I wish Derrick weren't coming back. But if he is, I sincerely hope he does not get Christina Milian as his partner, if she is on. It will ruin pretty much the entire season for me. And, and for him getting cast in a re-make of DD (WHY?) I agree he is a wonderful dancer and could handle that portion just fine, but there is no way he could ever have enough spice to play Johnny Castle. They need a Man for that role, and that's just not Derrick or Mark. I'm talking like a Maks type. I'm not saying Maks himself. I'm just saying that's the type they need. Gruff, manly, Grrr.

Oh, and regarding Vienna...I think she was tweeting that in response to when she danced on DWTS w/ Jake the Jerk. That's why she referenced Chelsie.

I am actually watching Bachelor Pad (I could not resist the Jake/Vienna drama, and I am firmly planted on team Vienna. I don't care how big of a brat she is, after seeing the way Jake treated Chelsie on DWTS, just...no) so I'll def. be watching during the cast announcement.

Oh, and Karalott, OT but LOVE your avie. Lucy is one of my faves. I seriously keep I Love Lucy eps on my DVR at all times, b/c whenever I'm sad it can make me feel better. Its the best medicine there is.

My 2yo is still singing "Happy Birthday Dear Luccccyyyy" b/c we watched it on and off all day Aug. 6th for her 100th

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    :

Oh, and regarding Vienna...I think she was tweeting that in response to when she danced on DWTS w/ Jake the Jerk. That's why she referenced Chelsie.
    Yes, that sounds like reference to an old event.

Ironcially, she is more well known than most the people mentioned thus far. Probably too A-list for this season.

Betcha Tony get Snooki.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Betcha Tony get Snooki.
    E! Online is reporting Snooki is not doing the show (thank god). And I'm happy for Tony or Louis, because one of them would have likely gotten her. Although if she would have gone to Mark, I might have enjoyed seeing his explode when Derek gets the ringer again, and he gets someone he has to drag across the floor and who has no dancing ability. Of course between their egos and attitudes, I don't know if there'd be room for Mark and Snooki in the same room.

So our latest casting round up: Snooki, QL, and Tiffini Thiessen were rumored, said to be signed on, but their reps are all denying it. Yet they're still being listed among those competing this season. We have Rob Kardashian, confirmed to be signed on TMZ, and who wouldn't give a straight answer in an interview (I'm calling early boot with him); Kristen Cavallri, who was reported to be signed on by Access Hollywood; Melissa Gilbert, the very first rumor of the S13 casting people, that I haven't heard anything of since the end of last season; Ron Artest, who was said to be in talks, then said he wasn't confirmed (I might think there's truth here); the usual people who probably aren't doing it that were mentioned (Donnie Wahlberg); Elle MacPhearson's name was out there, but she's often been rumored before; Christina Milian, who wouldn't give the paparrazi a staight answer when asked if she's doing it; Nick Jonas; Regis Philbin, who I think turned them down due to his age; and carrying over rumors from last season that might happen this time, Faye Dunaway and Lorenzo Lamas. that's all I can remember, though I think there's a few more. Sherri Shepard was said to be joining, then an article said she wasn't, then she said she never turned them down. But she's typically rumored each season as it is. I think this is the first season where I've heard of more people who've turned it down than who've signed on. Maybe there is truth to them signing on "A-listers" (or as close to it as they can get), and they're keeping a tight lid on it, or maybe they're just having a hard time getting people to sign on. I think the casting pool is far from being dried up, but the show isn't what it used to be, so maybe some people are more reluctant to sign on.

Oh, and Karalott, OT but LOVE your avie. Lucy is one of my faves. I seriously keep I Love Lucy eps on my DVR at all times, b/c whenever I'm sad it can make me feel better. Its the best medicine there is.

My 2yo is still singing "Happy Birthday Dear Luccccyyyy" b/c we watched it on and off all day Aug. 6th for her 100th
    Thank you! As many times as I've seen all those episodes, they never get old and I still laugh as though I'm seeing them for the first time. TV and movies today have nothing on the past. And it's great seeing everyone coming out of the woodwork. We know the season is close if we're already playing the broken record about Derek I just hope we don't get any WTA dances or producer manipulation again to get the outcome they want, while throwing a fan favorite under the bus in the process and treating them like crap. I still get upset over thinking it should have been Ralph/Karina in the finals over Mark and his ungrateful ego. I really hope he gets ripped a new one this season if he plays the same game he did last time. He should be able to take the heat if he wants to break the rules. Obviously, unlike some of the pros, he doesn't seem popular enough to carry his partner if she's lacking votes. As for Derek; I get what his fans are saying, but all the pros have fans. And as a fan of some of those other pros, especially Tony, Anna, and Louis, who often get the short end of the stick as much as Derek gets the ringers, I'd like to see them win at least once. They've paid their dues, been cheated out of wins before, and I worry some of these guys will make like Edyta, Alec, and Jonathan, and move on, figuring what's left to gain if the same pros get the best chances every season. I also want to see Maks win at least once (and he should have already won at least once by now-not that I'm bitter about that over anything). I feel like he's the one who might also be making a break from DWTS in the near future. The same pros have won this show since season 2: Cheryl, Julianne, Mark, Derek, and Kym. Just five pros out of all those seasons. Maybe I'll get lucky and even if Derek gets the ringer, someone else surprises or is more popular to overcome even his fanbase.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-16-2011 at 04:11 PM.

I forgot to add Hulk Hogan and Chyna Phillips to my above casting round up. Someone else to possibly consider-US Women's soccer player Hope Solo. She was Maks's choice for who he'd want as a partner. Originally she said she had no interest in doing the show, because she has zero dance ability and, to sum it up, it sounds like two left feet. But DWTSGossip has a tweet from her where she mentions 'facing her fears, doing something she's bad at, and possibly embarrassing herself'. If she's Kate and Bristol level bad with no hope of improving, and is painful to watch, I hope Maks doesn't get her. Seems like there's quite a few reality stars in the mix, and I wouldn't count out someone from the Bachelor/ette/Pad. I really can't believe the show would cast Rob, Snooki, and Kristen, but then again, I can't believe Rob Kardashian is going to allegedly be on. He's famous for the same reasons as Bristol Palin. He owes it all to his sisters.

Another change to this season: the stage

Dancing with the Stars 2011 | Inside TV | EW.com
    Fans of Dancing with the Stars should look for something new and different under the mirror ball this fall (and fortunately, we’re not talking about any misguided plans by Maksim Chmerkovskiy to keep his chest covered).

What fresh and sparkly change does Executive Producer Conrad Green have in store for us?
    Why, it’s a new stage!

Yes, ballroom dancing fans, the next season of DWTS will feature a fancy new amphitheater-style set for its next round of amateurs. There will be another level of seats for all those crazy folks who wait in line outside of CBS Television City in Los Angeles to attend a taping, and a more prominent spot for the orchestra and the enthusiastic chimes lady. The staircases will even move about the slick stage, though we do hope the weekly back and forth doesn’t trigger any more Kirstie Alley-style spills.

Sadly, EW has been informed that there will be NO changes made to the judges’ vocabulary during the critiquing period, so expect more creative references to Cheryl Burke’s “rocky mountains” by Len Goodman.

The next round of victims celebrity hoofers will be announced Aug. 29 during an episode of Bachelor Pad. The new season begins Sept. 19. Looking forward to the return of Derek Hough?
    I love the current stage format, celeb-quarium, and judges table where it is now, so I hope this isn't a drastic change and we wind up with a stage like AI (and if so, I'll ask again why the show feels the need to copy other shows that they either get higher or equal the ratings to). I hope there's no fake mosh pit set up, and if we do get an AI set up, with the judges facing the front of the stage instead of to the side, it puts an end to the table being used as a prop to kill time, or that the judges don't rush the stage, or still call people down to give hugs and high fives. I didn't mind the set up when they did the acoustic night, so I wouldn't mind that. Seems like the producers fix what doesn't need to be fixed, but ignore the things that do.

I didn't scroll back pages, but at one point Karalott, you heard a rumor about Dina Lohan too.

On Snooki - while I hope it is not true, I just wanted to note that I recently saw an E! True Hollywood story on her and apparently she was a cheerleader all through high school and has taken dance. I am not putting that out there to suggest ringer - I am putting that out there because hopefully, if we are stuck with her, she will not be as bad as The Situation was!

+ Reply to Thread