+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

Thanks for the info, Kara. I agree with you that Derek will probably get Christina.

LOL, I sure hope they sent Brooke to co-host boot camp. Still dreaming CA and Bruno will be replaced, unfortunately, I don't see it happening.

I wonder if Tony will get Queen Latifah. Though the dynamic between her and Maks could be quite funny.
    As for Brooke, I read speculation that she might be replace by Melissa Rycroft-Strickland as Melissa has just moved to LA. I like Melissa, but I don't see thta happening nor do I wish for it because I think the job is pretty polarizing as it stands. I do think that Brooke does a particularly bad job!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I wonder if Tony will get Queen Latifah. Though the dynamic between her and Maks could be quite funny.
    As for Brooke, I read speculation that she might be replace by Melissa Rycroft-Strickland as Melissa has just moved to LA. I like Melissa, but I don't see thta happening nor do I wish for it because I think the job is pretty polarizing as it stands. I do think that Brooke does a particularly bad job!
    I've heard Queen Latifah rumored before, and to me, she seems a little too A-list to do a show like this. But I could totally see her being paired with Maks. Tony will likely get either Snooki or Kristen, and Louis will get the other one of those two. Louis is short enough to partner Christina Milian, and he certainly deserves a great partner. But I'm sure that'll be reserved for Derek. I can already hear CA now If Dmitry's back, he'll probably get Tiffani. I don't know, Mark needs someone short, so they may give him Snooki. TPTB have certainly gone to the bottom of the D-list trash heap for Rob, Snooki, and Kristen, but since they're going up against The X Factor (which I'm already sick of hearing about) and will be going for a Bristol/Kate style watercooler-trash-tabloid fodder-ratings bonanza cast.

And if it came down to Brooke or Melissa, I'll keep Brooke. At least she's not Melissa, and I think she won't be a step above. Tom said he and Brooke are announcing the cast, so I'm thinking she's back, at least for this painful season. I wonder if TPTB read any comments that have been said and may try to make her improve. Maybe we should start making guesses how many times she'll reference doing the show, being parterned with Derek, ask how it was out there, ask what they thought, and then re-cover those exact same topics Tuesday, while being completely oblivious to the cast being annoyed.

I can't imagine Queen Latifah going on this show. Not at this time, IMO.
    I've never heard of Christina Milan, so have no idea what to expect. Same with Kristen Cavallari.
    I'm just thrilled Derek is coming back. And, I still don't agree that he gets all the ringers. i think he's had his share of partners who were not at all good. He is a good teacher, though, and I do think he tries to showcase and not overshadow his partner.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I can't imagine Queen Latifah going on this show. Not at this time, IMO.
    I've never heard of Christina Milan, so have no idea what to expect. Same with Kristen Cavallari.
    I'm just thrilled Derek is coming back. And, I still don't agree that he gets all the ringers. i think he's had his share of partners who were not at all good. He is a good teacher, though, and I do think he tries to showcase and not overshadow his partner.
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the Derek issue. He has never had a partner on the level of Kate or Bristol, or even Denise Richards and Holly Madison. I don't think he's that good to where he turned Nicole and Jennifer into those dancers. They were already there, and of course he can choreograph the routines he does. I know he can't help that the show, producers, CA,and Bruno have a love obsession with him, or that he gets requested by the ringers. But even others who I think are "golden pros" like Julanne, Maks and Mark, have gotten their share of early exits, duds, and people with egos, attitudes, and those who were just plain unpopular. So I can't give Derek credit if he gets Christina, and she comes out looking like a pro, because I'll know she's probably the biggest ringer of the season. And as usual, I'll just mute whatever CA and Bruno have to drool. I know Derek has his fans, but I'm ready for him to finally have a challenge, and to hopefully see fresh blood win this year. It'd be great to see Maks, Tony, Louis, Anna or Chelsie finally win. However, I'm already resigned to the fact the trophy goes back into the Ballas/Hough trio. Maybe the producers will try to soften Mark's ego. I heard he didn't have such a hot night choreographing for SYTYCD.

Tiffini tweeted she is not doing the show. Maybe her name just mixed in with the shuffle Which makes me equally as skeptical over Snooki and QL. The first time I saw QL's name mentioned was in an article alongside Mike Tyson (who has said he isn't doing the show, either), and Donnie Walberg (who I also think is too A-list, plus he has a show on a different network). So while I love her, I don't see it happening.

Karalott,
    I'm more than happy to agree to disagree about Derek.
    I'm just going to be real glad to have him back this season.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Nuh uh! Queen Latifah? Awesome! I can see myself totally rooting for her.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Karalott,
    I'm more than happy to agree to disagree about Derek.
    I'm just going to be real glad to have him back this season.
    I'm with you. I'm just so over the whole "Derek never had a Cloris" complaint. He's the best dancer and choreographer they have by far, in fact he's one of the few dancers who I watch more for him than the celebrity. I think the show is smart not to give him duds -- otherwise, we are denied all those great routines throughout the season. The number of wins that each pro has doesn't matter as much to me -- it's not a playground, where everyone is guaranteed a turn at the top. Besides, it's a tacky little trophy and some extra money for the winner. How much does it really matter who won? The dances themselves are the real entertainment (well, that and DanceCenter).
    norealityhere likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Not that it is a surpise, but US Weekly has a report denying QL is doing the show. Now, the producers could be telling the chosen celebs to completely deny they're doing the show in order to keep it a surprise until the cast reveal (Ron Artest said about a week ago he wasn't 100% signed on , despite a few weeks of saying he was doing the show). But I doubt QL is really going to do it. She doesn't need it. Even though seeing her and Maks, who I think would be the only one who could partner her, would be entertaining. Besides, she's popular enough she must just secure a win for him.

So for this A-list cast, so far we have Snooki, Christina Milian, Rob Kardashian, and Kristen Cavalarri. The newest rumor is Hulk Hogan, or his daughter Brooke, but she spreads that rumor every season that she wants to do the show. Coco-T, Ice-T's wife, has said she'd like to do the show. I watched their reality show, as I'm a fan of Ice-T, and I was actually pleasantly surprised with Coco.

As for Derek, I would be curious how he could do with a Cloris type partner. Who knows, he might surprise everyone. I can relate, as I don't care if Maks gets a ringer every season or not, because I want him to stick around and I enjoy his routines. However, I think I'd get bored if he won nearly every season. If they deserve it, fine, but I don't like ringers in the first place. Or at least ringers who are like Mya and Nicole. Mel and Sabrina might have been ringers, but I think they were a little more stiff and too hip hop/girl band moves. If the judges didn't drool over particular pros and their celebs win by that default, I wouldn't mind it as much.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just saw on MSNBC that Derek will definitely be back. If he gets another ringer, that'll free up some time for me, because I won't bother watching.

There's also talk that he's high on the list of candidates to star in the remake of Dirty Dancing. I'm looking forward to seeing Julianne in the remake of Footloose, but not sure if I'd want to see Derek in DD. He's just too over the top for me. If Kenny Ortega could keep Derek's mugging under control, I'd enjoy the dancing in the movie (especially if they cast Melanie from SYTYCD as "Baby").

I will say this: If Mark Ballas is even allowed on the set of DD, I'm not going to spend one second of my time or one penny of my money on that movie. I really, really dislike him - as a dancer and as a personality.

+ Reply to Thread