+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

That is a good idea about giving them control over the music and costume--that would entice some people. What else can they offer? I don't think they can just throw money at it, but maybe they could do a few things, maybe...

Offer to donate to the star's charity a set dollar amount for every vote they receive. The longer they stay the show, the more votes they get, the more donated to charity.

Change the judges, or rules to make them more positive, less harsh.

How about a team-approach for Stars worried about the hard work--two Stars on a team, they dance every other dance. Of course to be fair all other couples would have to follow same rules. Once they reduce to half the pack they split up into individuals--at this point you figure anyone left is willing to put in the effort to win.

Other ideas?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Some more casting scoop:

Ron Artest -- In Talks with 'Dancing w/ the Stars' | TMZ.com

Ron Artest -- In Talks with 'Dancing w/ the Stars'
    7/27/2011 12:40 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Ron Artest has a back-up plan in case the NBA lockout torpedoes next season -- we're told, Mr. World Peace is currently in talks with "Dancing with the Stars" ... and is seriously thinking about competing.

Nothing's official yet -- but sources tell us, both Artest and "Dancing" producers have been in touch to hash out a possible deal ... and Ron's pretty excited about the prospect.

But here's the catch -- "Dancing" won't end 'til November and basketball season typically starts in October ... which means if the lockout ends early, Ron could be S.O.L.

That said, Ron could theoretically handle both commitments simultaneously -- because as TMZ first reported, "Dancing" producers are desperate for A-list talent ... so there will be NO minimum rehearsal requirement next season.
    Regarding the A-list casting rumors/angle: if the cast isn't any fun, are all a bunch of boring ringers, ego maniac drama queen divas and rule breaking but getting away with it while the cannon fodder get dinged, it won't be an enjoyable season. I can't imagine Mark getting an A-lister and not having his ego explode if he doesn't get fawned, and having free reign to do whatever he wants and then trying to justify he was within the rule despite not doing the correct dance. I don't know if they've ever had minimum/maximum rehearsal time. During season 8, I know they cut back a bit and limited rehearsal time after Jewel and Nancy O'Dell were injured. But I think they've been lax since then. The Situation couldn't start rehearsing until about a week and a half before the premiere. And not that I expected him to be any sort of dancer, but the extra time wouldn't have hurt. I think this potentially has disaster written all over it but I also don't think someone A-list is going to let themselves look bad. I'm sure there will be a bunch of stories this season about attitudes, demands, backstage bickering, but the show will soak in all the press. I wouldn't be too surprised if this A-list story isn't to generate publicity in the first place. I'm sure they'd like a high profile cast, especially to compete with the X-Factor, but I'm betting it'll be a lot of drama and demands. I doubt the show knows what they're getting into. A-list or unknown, if the cast isn't enjoyable, I'm not going to enjoy the season. Especially if it's even more predictable with the pairings, who's getting overscored/overpraised, and that the celebs are being allowed to bring in outside choreographers and choreography. I think bending over backwards might cause more problems, more favoritism, and more tension between pros and celebs. Not to mention I feel like we'll have a million showmances going on. But again, if the cast is enjoyable, and it's not a bomb, and there's not a ton of stupid gimmicks thrown in (especially to favor certain couples), it might be the first fall season I've enjoyed since season 5

Makes me wonder if Katie Couric will be in the line up. I think her new show is starting on ABC at some point next year.

"Dancing with the Stars" Signs Rob Kardashian | TMZ.com

So much for the A-lister idea, unless Rob is just cannon fodder, and they expect him to leave early. At least, that's my speculation. Partner ideas-I think he might go to Anna, Chelsie, Lacey, or Karina. Since Lacey had an early out last season, and she's part of that new ballroom battle filler idea, they might give her a partner with staying power (even if I get the impression the show doesn't care if Lacey sticks around). Same for Karina, except after last season they might try and make it up to her and give her someone golden.

So much for the show getting A-Listers, huh!!
    Rob Kardashian!!?? Yikes...
    And, the prospect of Ron Artest being an A-Lister? Not to this Laker fan, at all.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Pretty sad about Rob Kardasian That family isn't known for being classy and imo, Rob is about the least classy in the group.
    Many people complained about Holly Madison being on the show. I don't see Rob as any step up from that.
    Last season was pretty enjoyable except for the over-the-top, undeserved love that Mark and Chelsie got. I wish we could have another season like that.

My favorite was on The Soup tonight, where Joel McHale covered the story. His tag line was 'bigger stars, s*****r dancing', followed by telling Meryl Streep to watch out because they signed that well known A-lister Rob Kardashian. Not that they haven't ditched stars in the past and signed people literally the day the announcement is made, but maybe Rob was already a done deal and they couldn't get out of casting him after they decided to go the A-list route. But, who am I kidding, I'll stick with the speculation Rob was cast to be a horrible hoofer, king douche, and early ouster. Why go with Rob when you could get someone more visible on the show? I haven't really ever been a watcher of KUWTK, but did watch Kortney and Khloe take Miami regularly. If I didn't watch that show at all, I wouldn't even know Rob or the younger Kardashian sisters existed. Kortney has said she's wanted to do the show, so I'm wondering why they didn't go with her. Either way, I hope Rob gets a pro I don't like. Interesting that one of the Real Housewives characters says she got turned down for the show, because they wanted bigger names and no reality stars, but then heard Rob was signed.

So our casting rumors to date include: Rob Kardashian (confirmed to be signed, also hasn't denied doing it in interviews like other celebs), Sig Hanson, Melissa Gilbert, Jodie Sweetin, Elle MacPhearson, Sherri Shepard, Ron Artest, Shaquille O'Neal, Christina Milian, Ashley Hebert, Dina Lohan.

Pros confirmed to be returning are Derek, Chelsie, and Maks.

TMZ has that Sherri Shepherd is not going to be on DWTS this season. Her schedule is too full -- she's getting married in a few weeks, honeymoon, then goes back to The View.

As for Bachelorette Ashley Herbert, she still has a couple of classes left to finish dental school and I don't think the West Coast is the coast she wants to be on (ahem, wink wink, nudge nudge, nuff said).

ABC is smart to get Jodi Sweetin -- they can use footage of her from Full House & not have to pay rights fees! I'm surprised that ABC doesn't use more stars from former ABC shows. It would make sense.

Ashley (The Bachelorette) actually said on JK last night that she wasn't planning on doing DWTS as she was finishing school and moving to NY to be with JP. Maybe the rumors were just that - rumors!

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Ashley (The Bachelorette) actually said on JK last night that she wasn't planning on doing DWTS as she was finishing school and moving to NY to be with JP. Maybe the rumors were just that - rumors!
    I'll continue to take the Bachelor/ette rumors with a grain of salt because it seems like every season there is one. For season 11, I think it was heavily rumored Ali (?) was going to join the show, and that seemed as concrete as a rumor could get. I didn't watch the bachelorette this season (as if I ever do), but I found Ashley a bit annoying in interviews and clips I saw of her. She may have made me longed for the days of Melissa Rycroft!

Some other people who have turned it down: Shawn Marion (with the Dallas Mavericks-not sure why they'd be going after two basketball players on the same team), Davy Jones (former Monkee), and Mike Tyson. Mike has made guest appearances on international versions of the show, but has never done an actual season anywhere where he's been a competing celeb. He allegedly turned down the offer from the US version because they didn't pay enough, but who knows, if the rumors are true that they'll stop at nothing to get "A-listers" (or only in their dreams A-listers), maybe they'll make him the offer he's waiting for and sign on. I don't like the guy, so he's not on my list of favorites I want to see. I would love to see Sherri Shepard do the show, but she also seems like a recurring rumor every season. I've enjoyed seeing her interactions with Maks, so I think they'd be a lot of fun together. I'm actually surprised how quiet the rumor mill is. It's usually a little more active, even with false rumors being thrown around, but it seems like the only one to be believed so far is Rob Kardashian, potentially Ron Artest. Maks again tweeted about being excited about this season and new developments that were happening, so considering he's not doing the ballroom battle, I wonder if something else is going to happen. Maybe they're getting rid of CA, Bruno, and Brooke? I can dream. Maybe Maks will finally win this season and they already have his A-list extremely well known ringer partner lined up? Again, I can dream.

LOL, I'll dream right along with you about getting rid of CA, Bruno, and Brooke!
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread