+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

FORT Fogey

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    My 3yo loves to watch DWTS. It comes on at 8 our time, and I let her stay up to watch some of it. Her usual bed time is 8:30, and she usually falls asleep by about then anyway, even as she's watching it on the couch. She just wants to watch it because she loves dancing and to see anyone dance. She just started her own dance class this year and is so in love with it already. She's never asked about the costumes or the participants. I don't see any reason to tell her anything about Chaz this year. I don't think it will even enter her mind to ask about him, as to her he'll just look like another guy. The only thing I really worry about is her hearing some of Bruno's comments sometimes, but I don't think she can understand anything he's saying with that thick accent of his. I hope not anyway!
    I can generally make out what Bruno's saying, despite his accent, but at least thirty percent of the time, I still have no idea what he's talking about. I don't think Bruno does either.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I'd rather see Derek win a 4th time than Mark make the finals. Hopefully some others have bigger fanbases or surprise us.
    Me too, because Derek at least proves that he earns the comments about being a good dancer (He walks the walk) and Mark is just ... Mark.

As far as Chaz, Whether or not he's a good dancer is by the by. He most likely will be the first or second person ousted from the competition simply because he was originally a she and had a gender change to change his appearance to who he felt he was. I honestly did NOT see or read this outcry when Tyra cast Isis, who transgendered the opposite way - on "ANTM" or even coming back for this all-stars season she's doing.

My opinion is it depends on his dancing.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    This is because Derek's overall popularity outweighs the portion of the fans who may be 'outraged.'

Ricki Lake was in the original film version of Hairspray in 1988. She played Tracy Turnbladt, and had to learn all the 60s dances for the movie, but it had nothing to do with ballroom. Also she weighed as much as a Tracey is supposed to weigh back then (a lot), and didn't lose all that weight until sometime in the 90s. She's 43 years old, and I don't think she will be a 'ringer' or even as good as Jennifer Grey (ironically, Dirty Dancing came out around the same time as Hairspray, lol). But yeah, she's no Macy Gray.
    The dances from Dirty Dancing that Jennifer Grey learned weren't ballroom either and look what she did! Now, granted Jennifer had a body at 50 to kill for and a natural propensity to dance. Ricki Lake is no longer heavy. We will have to see if the prior dancing serves her in as good as stead as it did Jennifer. For sure it can't have hurt.....
    If it is in there, the person who can get it out of her will be Derek. I am not positive he is an excellent instructor - to someone with difficulties or little talent or skill - but I do think he can take potential and possibilities and flat go to town with it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Dancing With the Stars: Exclusive 'Dancing With the Stars' Sneak Peek: Elisabetta and Valentin - Bing Videos

First videos of rehearsals. I'm actually pretty happy, because it seems pretty much everyone (minus Rob) has some sort of ability and isn't going to stink up the dance floor. Of course, what style they get may make all the difference. Rob's the only one that doesn't look any sort of good, and I hope that's enough to get him kicked to the curb first. Chyna was actually my biggest surprise watching this. I didn't really hold out much hope for her on the personality front, but she's wonderful to watch. Ricki is no challenge, but I don't know if I'd slap another Derek's ringer label on her yet. Hope and Elizabetta both seem to be doing great; Hope isn't as clunky as she proclaimed to be. Maks has glowing praise about her. I think I'd need to see more of Chaz, Ron, and Nancy to get a better idea. Kristin seems to be the one to beat by looking at the videos. I don't expect Mark to change from last season, but I can still hope his ego gets taken down a few notches. And with Derek back, perhaps he'll steal back the limelight (and the votes).

I watched the sneak peeks and it looks as if everyone is trying. Not impressed with Rob Kardashian, he obviously has two left feet and no coordination. I also think he tends to ride on the coattails of his sisters fame cause he also came across as if he didn't care alot. The others were looking at it as a job and that they are being paid to put on a performance and want to do the best that they can.

Both models, Clooneys ex and the other one looked way tiny compared to their partners. Nancy Grace comes across as a control freak and is way too tight. Chaz looks like he is really trying. Who know Rikki Lake could tap dance. Carson Kressley does have ADHD (sp?). Chynna Phillips I think will do well in the waltz but may be too stiff for ballroom. JR is moving well.

Lacey was really great with Chaz, totally encouraging. You could feel Cheryl Burke not having too much patient with Rob K. It was nice to see these peaks with too much editing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Tilden, your post about Bruno made me LOL! I've often wondered whether he knows what he is saying.

At the risk of sounding like a total dork, I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE SHOW TONIGHT!!!! I think there's pretty much someone for everyone to cheer for. I'll be deciding my favorites in the next week or so, but for now I'm super excited to see Davis, Carson and Hope. The others may grow on me.

I just saw a picture of Mark leaving practice. He was wearing a shirt that said "fuh.cue". Classy as always, Mark!

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a total dork, I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE SHOW TONIGHT!!!! I think there's pretty much someone for everyone to cheer for. I'll be deciding my favorites in the next week or so, but for now I'm super excited to see Davis, Carson and Hope. The others may grow on me.
    Who is Davis, Nana?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I just saw a picture of Mark leaving practice. He was wearing a shirt that said "fuh.cue". Classy as always, Mark!
    I guess he's ready to go the moment the judges have something negative to say. Anyone want to take bets how long it'll be before he shows the attitude and pitches a fit? It's why I'm hoping I don't like Kristin. I don't want to have to root for the team that has Mark in the equation.

Tomorrow night before the 9 p.m. results show, there will be a DWTS special at 8-it's called 'meet the cast', but it sounds like the usual recap show with some unseen moments from rehearsals and judges comments. I wish they were letting everyone dance twice before sending anyone packing. I feel those who've gotten barely any face time pre-season or who have small fan bases to begin with will be at a disadvantage no matter how well they dance.

I'm excited too nana! Of course, I always am, and I always like getting the first week out of the way. That way we know who's got the edge, who will likely be thrown under the bus sooner rather than later, who should get the boot but won't, and if there's any bias or favoritism for those they want to last longer. I feel like, sight unseen, Elisabetta and Chyna are most at risk for leaving tomorrow. I hope it's Rob, but I'm not counting on it. I know it likely won't be any of the others based on their own fanbases (or their pros), plus any sort of story angle they're going into it with.

+ Reply to Thread