+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

I wasn't too impressed with Chastity when she was on Celebrity Fit Club a while back. It didn't seem like she was very committed to the whole thing. I hope that Chaz will work harder, even if he doesn't necessarily have the skill....something we won't know until the show premieres. I worry about him because of his weight, which is much higher than on CFC. I think Lacey is a good partner for him though. Hopefully, she can make it fun and Chaz'll stick around for a while.

My favorite this season will probably be J.R. though. He's just a fighter. He turned what could have ended his life - many would contemplate suicide - into something positive. I read an interview with him and he said something like "I used to be a mess, but not I have a message." He wasn't such a good actor when he started on AMC, but he's really improved. I think he'll definitely have a great attitude and a good work ethic.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    I read that ABC is getting backlash because of Mr. Bono. HOW stupid. I guess I am still surprised at how mean and homophobic and racist people still are in 2011.
    I'm still processing my shock over this, too, Tapper. I'm just stunned.

I really want to take a moment to thank the Mod staff, though, for always keeping an anti-discrimination policy that takes a stand against prejudicial hate speech on FoRT.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    My favorite this season will probably be J.R. though. He's just a fighter. He turned what could have ended his life - many would contemplate suicide - into something positive. I read an interview with him and he said something like "I used to be a mess, but not I have a message." He wasn't such a good actor when he started on AMC, but he's really improved. I think he'll definitely have a great attitude and a good work ethic.
    I'm just learning more about J.R. and he really is inspirational. I think he had a storyline with Beth Ehlers, whom I remember from Guiding Light, when she was on AMC.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    I'm just learning more about J.R. and he really is inspirational. I think he had a storyline with Beth Ehlers, whom I remember from Guiding Light, when she was on AMC.
    That storyline really fell flat and Bath Ehlers was written out (they just totally wasted her, imo). I worried that they would get rid of J.R. too, but they kept him. Now, his character is a cop and it about to get married. ITA - he's a really inspirational guy. I hope he doesn't have two left feet!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

That storyline really fell flat and Bath Ehlers was written out (they just totally wasted her, imo). I worried that they would get rid of J.R. too, but they kept him. Now, his character is a cop and it about to get married. ITA - he's a really inspirational guy. I hope he doesn't have two left feet!
    I took my post down because I didn't want to double post! I always really liked Beth Ehlers on GL and I'm surprised she didn't last longer on AMC and still hasn't popped up on one of the few remaining soaps. I remember seeing some scenes between Beth and JR from AMC and his inner beauty really shines through. Let's hope he can really dance, too. That would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    I took my post down because I didn't want to double post! I always really liked Beth Ehlers on GL and I'm surprised she didn't last longer on AMC and still hasn't popped up on one of the few remaining soaps. I remember seeing some scenes between Beth and JR from AMC and his inner beauty really shines through. Let's hope he can really dance, too. That would be great!
    I just restored your post

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    I read that ABC is getting backlash because of Mr. Bono. HOW stupid. I guess I am still surprised at how mean and homophobic and racist people still are in 2011. It just boggles my mind that a lot of it is from "supposed" Christians. Sometimes I am ashamed at the human race
    I havent heard anything negative. What is it they are saying? I hope Chaz does really really well.I think he's very brave actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I havent heard anything negative. What is it they are saying? I hope Chaz does really really well.I think he's very brave actually.
    There are lots of stories in the media that are easy to find, but we're not allowing them to be posted here because they contain the kind of hate speech we don't allow.

There are lots of stories in the media that are easy to find, but we're not allowing them to be posted here because they contain the kind of hate speech we don't allow.
    I wont go looking for it.I meant on TV , and I havent heard anything.

I agree, Kara, the venom toward Chaz is really sad. I hope that no matter how long he lasts on DWTS, he will enjoy the experience.

+ Reply to Thread