+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    I'm just ready for tomorrow night so all the rumors can be put to rest and we'll finally know for sure. Based purely on rumors, these are my speculations right now and their partners.

Females:

Hope Solo (Maks)
    Chynna Phillips (Tony)
    Nancy Grace (Tristan)
    Christina Milian (Val, b/c I'm praying they know better than to give Derek the pre-known almost winner 3 seasons in a row) (seasons he was on)
    Elisabetta Canalis (Derek)
    Kristin Cavallari (MarK, and I'm not happy about this, but its my process of elimination. I can only hope if this turns out to be reality that we will get nice Mark back)

Males:

Chaz Bono (Lacey)
    David Arquette (Kym)
    Rob Kardashian (Cheryl)
    Ryan O'Neal (Anna)
    I have no idea who Karina or Peta would have. Karina going to Tornoto has really thown me for a loop.
    RyMac -- apologies for shortening your quote, but wanted to address the possibilities/pairings.

Nancy Grace: Whew! That rumor floored me. She has a Monday-Friday show on HNL that gets good ratings. Having worked for that network, it's hard see that CNN would let her have a substitute anchor for at least 2 days a week and probably do her show from LA for the rest of the week. CNN may be trying to make her more likeable, after Casey Anthony's lawyers trounced her in the press. And, she'd definitely bring her 4-yo twins to LA. But, she does have VERY FERVENT fans, so ABC may be hoping for their votes.
    Hope Solo: Think she'll be better than she's telling the press. The athletes adapt well to dancing. Hope & Maks (as the "tall drinks of water") will be a good pairing.
    Elisabetta Canalis: Isn't she also a Presenter for MTV in Italy? If so, that makes her the triple-threat of a model, TV hostess and actress. (I always wanted to be the triple threat of Journalist, Detective, Super Model. ) But her English is not strong so interviewing could be a challenge. She's also very tall -- would they put her with the shorter Derek? (I could actually see her better with Val. And, romance to follow ...)

Henry Winkler is THE NICEST MAN ON TV. Hope he's in the cast.
    One of my friends introduced me to Mark Ballas in April. Maybe it was due to Jason's friendship with Mark, but Mark was very congenial. (Timing was also when Mark & Pia had been dating for about a month, so he was in a happy mood ...)
    Last edited by hotlanta babe; 08-29-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'd be less surprised to learn Queen Latifah was actually doing the show, but looks like we should start looking surprised:

Nancy Grace To Face Judges ... On "DWTS" | TMZ.com

I know when the Casey Anthony verdict came out, there was some bad press towards Nancy and people blaming her lynch mob style of reporting that cost prosecutors the case. I used to be a huge fan way back, but not so much anymore. I did enjoy the smackdown she gave Jon Gosselin and his lawyer, however. I think she'll either live up to expectations and bomb or surprise everyone. I still think she's being cast to bring drama and controversy and to get the judges riled up, so she could make the producers sorry if she doesn't deliver. That's what people will probably be expecting from her. It looks like Henry Winkler isn't cast I'm not surprised, though, because when asked if he'd ever do the show, he joked and said only if Ron Howard could be his partner. Somewhere online I remember reading that Anna was supposed to have a different partner last season, someone older than SR, and he was a last minute sign on. Ryan O'Neal was rumored back then, so I wonder if that's who she was supposed to have originally (and will have now). When I think "triple threat", I think of Brooke Burke, but I'm not exactly sure I'd call her hosting skill threatening to anyone's job, except maybe her own. If Elizabeth has Val, I hope she comes out and wows the crowd. Lack of name recognition doesn't always hurt (see Gilles and Kyle), but usually it helps. I do hope Hope Solo is better than she's letting on. As long as Ricki and Chyna are on and deliver, I'll be happy. I'd have to see the men in action. I'd probably root for David and Chaz, because they're the only ones I've heard of that I liked. If Ron is as bad as people are saying, it could be some more explosions between him and the judges if he doesn't do well. I guess the producers really weren't kidding when they say they want the couples to talk back. Looks like they have some loose cannons that might give them that. It'll be interesting if Rob lasts longer than Kim, who's dancing left a lot to be desired, and who was the 3rd one kicked off.

I just saw the TMZ story. I haven't gone back to look - who made a comment about going to Atlanta to meet his partner last week? It now appears, based on this story, that Nancy will be training in Atlanta and flying to LA once a week to tape the show.

Edited to add - just went back and saw it was Tristian who was going to Atlanta to meet his partner. So that would be consistent with the story that he is paired with Nancy.
    Last edited by KatesMom; 08-29-2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: add update on Tristian

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe View Post
    RyMac -- apologies for shortening your quote, but wanted to address the possibilities/pairings.

Nancy Grace: Whew! That rumor floored me. She has a Monday-Friday show on HNL that gets good ratings. Having worked for that network, it's hard see that CNN would let her have a substitute anchor for at least 2 days a week and probably do her show from LA for the rest of the week. CNN may be trying to make her more likeable, after Casey Anthony's lawyers trounced her in the press. And, she'd definitely bring her 4-yo twins to LA. But, she does have VERY FERVENT fans, so ABC may be hoping for their votes.
    Hope Solo: Think she'll be better than she's telling the press. The athletes adapt well to dancing. Hope & Maks (as the "tall drinks of water") will be a good pairing.
    Elisabetta Canalis: Isn't she also a Presenter for MTV in Italy? If so, that makes her the triple-threat of a model, TV hostess and actress. (I always wanted to be the triple threat of Journalist, Detective, Super Model. ) But her English is not strong so interviewing could be a challenge. She's also very tall -- would they put her with the shorter Derek? (I could actually see her better with Val. And, romance to follow ...)

Henry Winkler is THE NICEST MAN ON TV. Hope he's in the cast.
    One of my friends introduced me to Mark Ballas in April. Maybe it was due to Jason's friendship with Mark, but Mark was very congenial. (Timing was also when Mark & Pia had been dating for about a month, so he was in a happy mood ...)

HotLanta, you know Mark never bothered me until last season. I liked him with Sabrina, I liked him with Shawn, and I thought he was very, very sweet and gentle with Bristol given all the controversy they faced. It was last season, with Chelsea, that he turned into a giant butthead. I don't know if it was from having to deal with Bristol the season before and being happy to have a decent partner in Chelsea that made him feel so entitled, or maybe it was Derek's absence from the ballroom. I just hope THAT Mark doesn't rear its ugly head again. Thats why I said I want nice Mark back

If he does have Kristin I hope they turn in some fun dances, and not too spastic and out of the box. I don't have a clue how she'll move. She SEEMS like she'd be a good dancer, but we all know how that goes...(Holly, Kim, Kendra...)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I just saw the TMZ story. I haven't gone back to look - who made a comment about going to Atlanta to meet his partner last week? It now appears, based on this story, that Nancy will be training in Atlanta and flying to LA once a week to tape the show.

Edited to add - just went back and saw it was Tristian who was going to Atlanta to meet his partner. So that would be consistent with the story that he is paired with Nancy.
    I think Derek should have gotten the 50 ish year old Nancy Grace. He is a fabulous dancer and choreographer, but is he that excellent of an instructor and teacher? I would love to see what he could do with a middle-aged woman who obviously does NOT appear to be a ringer. If he could take her to the top, I would never say another word about Derek and ringers again.
    nanarama and mandmmom2 like this.

The only pair up I've heard for sure is Chaz Bono and Karina.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post
    The only pair up I've heard for sure is Chaz Bono and Karina.
    There is another thread here( with the partners all posted ) Chaz is with Lacey. Hope this helps

I read that ABC is getting backlash because of Mr. Bono. HOW stupid. I guess I am still surprised at how mean and homophobic and racist people still are in 2011. It just boggles my mind that a lot of it is from "supposed" Christians. Sometimes I am ashamed at the human race
    GabbyG likes this.

Unfortunately, it's spilled out over here a bit too, tapper. See the stickied post at the top of this forum. Rest assured, we're not going to allow that kind of ugliness
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm not surprised, just sad, that people would direct such venom at Chaz. Whether it's because they're bored and are doing it to get a rise out of people, or really believe that (and I'd have to think you'd really believe it if you could write it). I'm sure ABC was expecting this. However long Chaz's stint is, and I really don't expect much from him dance wise, but I've been surprised before, I'm sure he'll accomplish some good.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-31-2011 at 07:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread