+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

Per DWTS Gossip, our Season 13 line up:

Men: Ryan O'Neal, Junior Martinez, Chaz Bono, Ron Artest, David Arquette, Rob Kardashian
    Woman: Nancy Grace, Kristin Cavalleri, Ricki Lake, Chyna Phillips, Hope Solo, Elizabeth Canalis

I'll be thrilled if there's no Christina Milan. I guess they want to make Derek's victory less obvious than giving him the ringer. So I'm thinking he might get Elizabeth, if she's not too tall for him. They can milk her relationship with George Clooney, have her as an underdog ala Brooke Burke and Joanna Krupa that Derek got far (and won) with (both were overrated imo, though I would have probably felt the same if they weren't with Derek). So we'll see if this is right. It so far is pretty much all the rumors up until this point. Only surprises are Ricki Lake and Junior Martinez. I hope the new pros are given a good shot, and I really hope Lacey gets Rob, he bombs miserably, and both are ejected early.

The official pairings will be announced on GMA Wednesday (I don't know why they always want to milk that-one season they didn't even announce all of them on the show!) The British version has for the past two years announced the cast and had their partners meet them during the live reveal for the first time. Might make first reactions interesting I could get behind this cast, if there's no funny tinkering behind the scenes with an obvious push by the producers to get the outcome they want, and if the judges play fair to everyone. Some are speculating Cheryl has Rob, since she's friends with Kim and was at her wedding. Karina also expressed interest in partnering Rob. I think Karina's the next tallest female pro, behind Kym, so if Kym really has David Arquette, I'm thinking Karina has Ron Artest. She's barely had any athletes. I'm thinking Anna with Ryan O'Neal, Lacey with Chaz Bono (or possibly Cheryl), Kym with David (spoiled by TMZ), Karina with Ron, either Karina or Cheryl with Rob (possibly Karina), and by process of elimination, Junior Martinez with Peta.

For the girls, Maks is rumored to have Hope, Tony Chyna, and Tristan Nancy. Ricki Lake and Kristin are both short, so I'm thinking Derek and Mark for them, and Elizabeth for Val. Last season, Mike Catherwood wasn't anywhere on the radar, and the season before, Kyle wasn't. So we'll see if this is accurate or not tomorrow. Only Junior and Ricki are surprises. But I love Ricki. If she gets Derek, I may have to root for him. I looked up Elizabeth's height, and I guess she could partner Derek or Mark. I thought she'd be too tall for them. I hope she gets Val, but I also want him to last.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-28-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Sorry for the double post-I read DWTS Gossip bit on JR Martinez as Junior Martinez (the minor league baseball player). After doing some digging, I think it's actually J.R. Martinez, an actor on All My Children and a motivational speaker who was burned in a humvee accident while stationed in Iraq (I remember hearing about that when he joined AMC). Might fit the theme of having Chaz Bono on and having another underdog with a sob story. And it'd make more sense to have a soap star connected to one of ABC's shows over a minor leaguer (they haven't had a baseball player yet, why not go with a bigger major leaguer). I could definitely get behind him. Hopefully this cast is accurate. I don't like all the names, but I've heard worse this season.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-29-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Isn't the cast revealed tonight during Bachelor Pad? Wonder if they'll do it throughout the show or end of the show. I hate BP so will have to keep flipping back and fort to hopefully catch the reaveal.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Iwatch4Chelsie View Post
    My sister runs Chelsie's official website and there is a woman who is obsessed with Chelsie and Lacey both. She ran Lacey's official website and begged my sister to let her be an admin and help with Chelsie's. About a year ago, my sister said something negative about Lacey to this woman and she suddenly stopped helping and defriended her on FB. Recently she sent her another friend request with an apology and said she no longer cares for Lacey and isn't helping her with her website anymore and that my sister was right. She is such a B****! She even ran off her biggest fan!
    I follow Chelsie on Twitter and have seen this obsessed fan. Sorry to say she seems really creepy and she and some other obsessed fans are really feeding each other. This person also seems to have replaced Lacey with Mollee Gray, a SYTYCD alumni, so Lacey won't miss her. All of the pros seem to have creepy, obsessed fans stalking them and creating "fan" twitter pages that have other agendas besides "supporting" the celebrity, like shipping their obsession with another obsession.

The leaked celebrity cast list is kind of meh, so I'll watch for the pros.

If that cast list is true, I'm going to make an early prediction that we will have a female winner this year. Someone could always surprise us, but I don't see anyone in the male list who would be good enough AND have a good enough fan base to carry them. Chaz may surprise us - and David Arquette used to be pretty popular. I think he took a big hit with the divorce from Courteney and I don't know that he will be that good of a dancer. For the women, the only person I really can't stand is Nancy Grace.

I forgot about Ron Artest. Male athletes tend to do really well - but he is known as a real bad boy and has quite a reputation. He's the one who went up in the stands after fans after a game at the Palace here in Detroit. If I recall correctly, he got a huge fine and a few game suspension out of it.

I'm pretty okay with this cast. My speculation on partner/thoughts on contestants is below

Females:

Elisabetta Canalis (Val, there was a video shot of him following her out of the studio) I don't think she is by any means a star. I will have to see how she performs. She and Val are probably going to be pretty hot together though. Jury still out.

Hope Solo (Maks) I don't know much about her. I've heard she can have a sour attitude and can't dance (her words) so I'm hoping both of those are false for Maks' sake. He did ask for her though, didn't he. Jury still out.

Chynna Phillips (Tony) I loved Wilson Phillips when I was a tween (I have vivid memories of singing "Hold On" in my hairbrush with my friends) and I LOVE Tony, so I'm rooting for this pair. I hope she has some moves!

Nancy Grace (Tristan) She's hardcore on her show, so right now I'm not excited. I hope she can let loose and try and have fun. Tristan didn't stick out to me in the troupe, the only male I remember well is Teddy, so not sure about this pair.

The next two couples are tricky. I could see both Ricki and Kristin with either Derek or Mark.

Ricki Lake (Derek) I'm putting her with Derek b/c she seems like one of the bigger names and might have requested him. Their fan bases combined will put them in at least top 6 I think. I loved her talk show back in the day but not sure how well she will dance.

Kristin Cavallari (Mark) process of elimination I love Kristin. She was a *itch a lot of the time on the Hills, but she and many of the cast members have said that was her show persona. She also had good moments on the show, which make me kind of believe her. Anything else I've seen her on she has been pleasant. Please please Mark, don't be a butt this season.

Males:

David Arquette (Kym) I liked him in Scream. I just hope he will be good comedy and not stupid comedy.

Ron Artest (Peta) Only b/c I think Peta is the tallest after Kym? It doesn't make sense not to put him with Kym though, but maybe David A requested her? They're a pretty concrete pair from rumors. I have never seen Ron on anything, but I have read/heard he is a real piece of work. I hope we're not getting Ochocino 2.0 times a million. Poor Peta (or whoever if I'm wrong)

Rob Kardashian (Cheryl) I just think they'd look good together, and she's friends of his family. I don't like the Kardashians (used to, they've become way too shoved in my face), but Rob does seem like the most down to earth of all of them. He's kind of cute, too.

Ryan O'Neal (Anna) seems like the type they'd stick her with...older. The only thing I've ever seen him on is Bones, and I've heard lots of people don't like him, but I like him on that show. Jury's out.

Chaz Bono (Lacey) based on height this seems right. Plus this seems so completely up Lacey's alley. She'll milk it for all its worth. I don't deem Chaz a "star" either, and I think he's very shy. I don't think he will last long.

JR Martinez (Karina) I'd like to think after Ralph and Karina's treatment last season the show is paying her back by giving her someone who is likely to be a fan favorite. I haven't even seen his picture, so I don't know if they match up physically, but I've heard from many sites/forums that he will have a phenomenal back story and many people will proabably like him. I hope he can dance. Last season made me a Karina fan in a big way, and I hope that Karina is back again. In fact, of this list of female pros, she ties Anna as my favorite, maybe even taking the edge b/c I find Karina to be the better choreographer/dancer

As much as I love Kristin, and as much as I love Kym, I really want to see new blood win the show this year. Going in, my favorites to see in the finals, if my speculated pairings are right, are Chynna/Tony and JR/Karina

Sorry for the long post guys!

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Isn't the cast revealed tonight during Bachelor Pad? Wonder if they'll do it throughout the show or end of the show. I hate BP so will have to keep flipping back and fort to hopefully catch the reaveal.
    They do it throughout the show. Or, more accurately, they continue to hype 'we're moments away from revealing our (insert this seasons adjective for the cast here) cast', and an hour later, we're still hearing it's only moments away. Revealing the cast during BP last year gave it a huge bump. So of course they'll make sure people stay tuned as long as they can. I do the opposite of what I usually do when watching TV; mute the actual program, and turn it up for commercials. The list that was leaked by DWTS Gossip I'm going to go with as 99% accurate anyway, so tuning in is more like just getting official confirmation. Hope, Kristin, Rob, Chaz, David, Elizabeth, and Ron were all spoiled to some capacity, and Ron, David, and Elizabeth were seen heading into rehearsals. The only new names to pop up in recent days have been J.R., Nancy, and Ricki. So I could see 1, possibly 2, names being wrong (hopefully it's not true about Christina Milan being on-I thought she was a lock but maybe something came up or she was trying to milk the publicity this was giving her). Who knows, DWTS Gossip or their source might have purposely put a wrong name in there.

Kates Mom, I tend to agree with you. On paper anyway, it looks like the women have an advantage over the men. Usually I just point to a particular pro and figure whoever has them will win, but it might not be so obvious this time (which I consider a good thing). If Christina isn't on, looks like there's no ringers that we know of this season. Ricki has done Broadway, and I read Elizabeth used to be a dancer, but we'll see if that translates to ringer or not. I really hope Ricki has a pro I like, because I cringe to see her with Mark. Some people speculate Ron might have Cheryl. She did partner Rick Fox, who was just as tall, and while it looked odd at times, she did really well I must say. It looks like on the male side of things, most every guy is a tool of some sort, except for JR and Chaz. If it's a trainwreck, I think Chelsie's lucky she's not a part of it If it's true about Nancy being cast, I wonder if that'll blow up in their face. When she's not playing prosecutor/reporter, Nancy actually has a kinder, softer, almost funny side to her. So she may not dig into the judges and give them a smack down that the producers might have cast her for.

Although Ricki Lake was not previously speculated to be on the show, I did see her in the audience several times last season. Most notably, they showed her in tears when Hines and Kym were getting their scores and Hines choked up after their first dance since their accident.

Ricki was in the audience back when Marissa was on the show, too. I've always been a fan of hers, so I could definitely get behind her. And I think she'd actually go along well with Derek. At least he'd have a celeb I'd like if he won As long as it's not a lot of over doing it with gimmicks, mugging, and gushing on the part of the judges and TPTB I'll be fine. I'd rather Ricki get Derek than Mark. I don't know anything about Kristin, but she was snapped coming out of the studios, and Mark wasn't far behind. They seem like a more likely duo. Rymac, I could see those pairings as being realistic. Sadly, I do think Anna is going to get Ryan, if he's on, just because she seems like a designated pro to get the headcases and duds. Once in awhile she gets lucky. I think Chaz to Lacey based on height, and I pity him if that's true, because I find Lacey to be a spoiled brat and I do think she'll try and milk any publicity about Chaz being transgendered toward herself. Plus, I've found her to have attitude towards her partners in the past. However, I could also see him partnering any of the other female pros. Cheryl goes through spurts where she'll get her Wayne Newton or Tom Delay type, so if she gets Rob, this might be her season to go out early (sorry, I don't have high hopes for him). Hopefully Maks isn't sorry for asking for Hope, unless he wants an early exit. I was surprised to read that she doesn't seem to be too well liked. And hopefully having an unknown doesn't hurt Val. I'd hate to lose both of them early, especially since it always seems iffy anymore if Maks is even going to return. I have really high hopes for Chyna and Tony. He deserves a good chance, and hopefully she's got the fan base plus rhythm to contend. Don't really have an opinion on any of the other guys. I liked David Arquette, but he put his foot in mouth when he and Courtney got divorced. This could be image rehab. If all of the above is correct, I'd say he's the actual biggest star they have this season. He could do well. Kym's a pretty good sport so they should be fun together. Can't wait to see if this is accurate!

THanks, Karalott, for letting us know all this.

Hopefully, they don't draw it out too much on Bacheloyr Pad like they did last year.
    Once again, I don't know most of the people listed.
    Am glad to see that Ryan, Ricki and Chynna will be on. Could do without David A, Ron A, the Kardashian brother, et al.
    I will be very surprised if Nancy Grace is on.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread