+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

If not for google I wouldn't know who half of these people are.

I'd like to know their Q-scores.

The group isn't any worse than most other seasons, but disappointing given the stated goal to go all out for A-list people.

Maybe they will yet surprise us.

While searching for hints as to who these people might be, I came up with this rule: If the first paragraph of the person's bio on wikipedia says "dancer," they shouldn't be on this show. Of course the corallary: The earlier the word "dancer" is listed in a person's bio on wikipedia the more likely that person will be partnered with Derek.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    If not for google I wouldn't know who half of these people are.

I'd like to know their Q-scores.

The group isn't any worse than most other seasons, but disappointing given the stated goal to go all out for A-list people.

Maybe they will yet surprise us.

While searching for hints as to who these people might be, I came up with this rule: If the first paragraph of the person's bio on wikipedia says "dancer," they shouldn't be on this show. Of course the corallary: The earlier the word "dancer" is listed in a person's bio on wikipedia the more likely that person will be partnered with Derek.
    This group is pretty much the same standard casting, which I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing. I didn't really expect them to get people who qualify as A-listers, but I was hoping it might be a step above past season at least. Instead, it's the same old same old. And someone who appears to be the clear cut winner before she's even officially confirmed. Having extensive dancing experience and just taking classes as a kid/pre teen I consider two different things. Ballroom or not, studying dance, being a professional dancer, choreographer, or having any extensive background and training in dance to where you could blend in with the pros and start getting 10s week 2 is what I don't like. At least without Derek's fan base the ringers might have more of a challenge. I liked last season; no outright ringers, no horrible hoofers that lasted beyond the first couple of boots. Everyone who was good to begin with and who got better as the season wore on. I just don't like the ringers taking away from the whole learning and improvement arc of the show, and having CA cry and Bruno rolls his rs on some stupid metaphor as though they're shocked someone with a huge advantage would come out and clean up the floor. I could stand not hearing 'you set the bar tonight' the first week. If TPTB weren't bias and played favorites, it'd be different. But if they want to cast ringers, at least give them competition. I feel like whoever gets Derek already has an advantage since he has a big fan base, and if they come in as the ringer, he's pretty much got it won before the season starts. Better him than Mark, who I feel would be TPTB other choice for Christina.

Back to this season's cast, it looks to sort of have potential. Of the rumored names that appear to have concrete standing, I've only heard of Chyna Phillips, Chaz Bono, and David Arquette. The others I had to look up or knew of as the girlfriend or sibling of the famous person. I just think it's humorous that the show said they were going to try and get A-listers and wouldn't settle for the D-list, and yet I think this cast pales in comparision to last season (which I also recall was criticized online for not having "stars"). I guess those people were waiting for Rob Kardashian) I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of names that appear to be set in stone are wrong. No word yet on who else is officially confirmed and paired, but I guess only some of the pros met their partners yesterday.

There is kind of a scary rumor floating around y'all...on other, pretty reputable sites....

Nancy Grace. And that she'll be paired with Tristan.

It does appear to be same-ole, same-ole for the cast. One or two names I've heard of and many that I haven't. The good news for me is, often after watching, I start to like and really pull for some of the "stars" who were unknown to me in the beginning.

Go Chelsie Kaye!

Oh man...I thought for sure I already posted this, but as I'm reading back through the thread, I didn't. I found out a couple days ago that they had someone specific lined up for Chelsie and never were able to sign him. The season off is just a temporary thing. I haven't heard any feedback as to how she feels about it (relieved to have a season off or bummed not to be doing it) but I will update anything else I find out.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'll have to actually see Nancy Grace walk on that stage to believe it. Actually, make that see her on the dance floor to believe she's going through with it. There's a lot of journalists, reporters, TV judges, etc, that I would love to see on the show. She hasn't been one of them, but I figured between work commitments and the potential for making a fool of yourself on a cheesy dance show with skimpy costumes, that would be the other factor in not doing it. Nancy just doesn't seem like the type. And I'm not sure I want to see her doing the rumba or samba. She always looks like she sucked on a lemon, so seeing her smile and with a different facial expression with be surprising in itself. On the plus side, I think Bruno will have met his match. I was reading an article about the upcoming British season, and in typical Bruno fashion, he basically said he can't wait to tear into the celebs, he'll never back down, he'll always say what he wants, even if it's cruel, for the TV purposes. I think there's a competition for who has the biggest over inflated ego in the ballroom. I can't see Nancy letting the judges rip into her without making sense of their comments. I think it was Pure DWTS who posted that someone even more controversial than the names rumored was joining the cast. I wonder if it's Nancy (or if that comment in itself is a red herring). If only Nancy could have Mark...now that would be comedy gold I really enjoyed Tristan and Peta, so I hope they (along with Val), are given really good partners with staying power. I wonder why they went with those 2 out of the dance troupe

And thanks for the update on Chelsie! I guess that makes sense. Louis used to joke on twitter that he wished his partner would hurry up and sign so he could confirm he was on. I've read there's a lot of last minute signs and switching that goes on, so sometimes a pro may be slated but winds up getting replaced.

Kara, I so hope you're right! It was PureDWTS where I saw the rumor about Nancy, in the comments of the "controversial contestant" post. You know, I used to really enjoy that site and even post on it some, but now I only usually only check in during times like now, when cast rumors are afloat b/c they usually have the gossip. It is so Derek-centric over there and the mods are bullies to anyone who disagrees with them. I'd rather participate in a site like this one where we all might disagree, but nobody is MEAN to each other regarding who is fans of what pros or celebs. Geez.

I'm just ready for tomorrow night so all the rumors can be put to rest and we'll finally know for sure. Based purely on rumors, these are my speculations right now and their partners.

Females:

Hope Solo (Maks)
    Chynna Phillips (Tony)
    Nancy Grace (Tristan)
    Christina Milian (Val, b/c I'm praying they know better than to give Derek the pre-known almost winner 3 seasons in a row) (seasons he was on)
    Elisabetta Canalis (Derek)
    Kristin Cavallari (MarK, and I'm not happy about this, but its my process of elimination. I can only hope if this turns out to be reality that we will get nice Mark back)

Males:

Chaz Bono (Lacey)
    David Arquette (Kym)
    Rob Kardashian (Cheryl)
    Ryan O'Neal (Anna)
    I have no idea who Karina or Peta would have. Karina going to Tornoto has really thown me for a loop.

Oh and I agree, thanks for the update on Chelsie! I will miss her so much, but if Chaz was the only male celeb on the shorter side I can totally see why they would go with Lacey and not Chelsie there.

Wikipedia says:

Christine Mariť Flores (born September 26, 1981), better known by her stage name Christina Milian, is an American recording artist, actress, dancer and model.

So by my rules, she is overqualified for this show and will therefore most likely be partnered with Derek.

I *really* hope Chynna will be a great partner for Tony. So far, I'm not excited about most of the rumored names, so I'm hoping not all are true. Although, even if they are true, I often end up being surprised by who I like/root for.

Can't wait to hear the official announcememt tomorrow night.

As for Chelsie, I'd rather have her there than Lacey, but I'm really happy Anna is in this season. For a while there I was afraid she (Anna) wasn't going to be a part of this season.

+ Reply to Thread