Like Tree25Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

Some info on the new stage:

'Dancing with the Stars'
    The MULTI-MILLION
    Dollar Makeover

"Dancing with the Stars" is getting a MASSIVE upgrade this season -- and TMZ has learned ... the entire layout of the set will be changed ... to the tune of $3 MILLION!

Sources tell us ... the COOLEST change will affect the audience ... because producers are swapping out the boring bleacher seats for a TRIPLE-TIERED balcony-styled arrangement ... kinda like where the old grumpy guys sit on "The Muppets."

Another cool change -- the massive staircase in the middle of the stage will have the ability to SPLIT into TWO halves ... which will reveal the orchestra pit.

As for the dance floor ... which was basically hardwood planks placed on the ground ... it will NOW be an elevated PLATFORM ... so if the stars fall over the edge, it could REALLY hurt.

When called for comment, a rep for the show told TMZ ... producers are "very excited" about the new changes.
    I'll wait and see the new stage before I decide whether I like it. It took me awhile to get used to the celeb-quarium, but now I like that much better than them going backstage like they used to. If only we could swap out Brooke...anyway, I remember when they did the new, raised stage for the acoustic themed night back during season 11; I think Tom said something to the effect that they could re-name the show "Falling with the Stars" after a few couples doing the AT talked about potentially throwing their partners in the audience. I hope the show doesn't hype the danger factor. Celebs have gotten injured easy enough during rehearsals. Why add to it?

RE: the pros. Didn't Chelsie saw she was returning during SYTYCD? I thought I read that's why she was only appearing on that show one week. I really can't say who I'd rather have back over Anna or Chelsie. It'll break my heart to lose one of them, and I really hope we don't lose both. Anna was the one who made that comment to Maks during season 2, which won me over (especially since I didn't like Maks back then). I remember in her intro package that season, she said her method of teaching was 'do it, or die'. Anna's always been an enjoyable spit fire, and despite getting the short end of the stick in terms of partners, always makes for fun and enjoyable routines and rehearsal packages. Plus, it was nice seeing a cameo of Jonathan every now and then. I was glad that Anna seemed to be more of a regular pro. When they scaled the cast back to 11 couples for season 10, I thought for sure she'd get cut over Lacey, Kym, and Karina. I just hope she isn't gone for good. Or Chelsie. Whoever doesn't come back I cringe at the fact that poor Chelsie got stuck with Michael Bolton in the first place. I really wish she had gotten more chances to show her potential. I've enjoyed nearly all her partners, except Bolton and Jake. But even with mediocre dancers in Ty Murray and Louie Vito, they were so much fun to watch. The chemistry with them was amazing. And her way of teaching, choreographing, and dancing to her partners strengths while working on their weaknesses is why I like her. Chelsie and Damian were the only new pros added in a long time that I really enjoyed.

On the subject of pros and having it out with the judges, remember last season Karina had a beef with them towards the end of her run (rightfully so, I might add). She actually called them 'the 3 stooges' in an interview, and who can forget Bruno's 'pussy' remark. Whether he meant it the way it sounded, who knows, but I thought it was telling the show never showed that clip again, never addressed it, and that Ralph/Karina were the only couple not interviewed during the finale. I wonder if she'll be back to her usual dud or not.

DWTS Gossip had posted a brief interview with Hope Solo; when asked about whether or not she was doing this season, she had said we'll have to wait and see when the cast is announced. She mentioned she was no good at dancing but was debating whether to try something new and different anyway. So it sounds like we might have Hope, Rob Kardashian, Christina Milan, Kristin Cavallri, Chaz Bono, and Elizabeth Calais as those who are on the most likely list.

Just and FYI....I just watched last Tuesday's season permier of WNTW and Cheryl Burke was on it...she nomiated her assistant for the makeover. She hogged the camera!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    DWTS Gossip had posted a brief interview with Hope Solo; when asked about whether or not she was doing this season, she had said we'll have to wait and see when the cast is announced. She mentioned she was no good at dancing but was debating whether to try something new and different anyway. So it sounds like we might have Hope, Rob Kardashian, Christina Milan, Kristin Cavallri, Chaz Bono, and Elizabeth Calais as those who are on the most likely list.
    Of these I'm most excited about the possibilty of Hope Solo. I think athletes are the most interesting to watch because they obviously have great physical skills, so the only question is whether they can pick up the dancing. They usually don't bring too much drama.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    Of these I'm most excited about the possibilty of Hope Solo. I think athletes are the most interesting to watch because they obviously have great physical skills, so the only question is whether they can pick up the dancing. They usually don't bring too much drama.
    I'm not overly impressed with the cast, but I've felt that way in the past and it turned out to be a great season (though usually my first instinct is correct-that, and the fall seasons are usually a let down). DWTS Gossip had a tweet from Hope to Maks; so it sounds like those two could be partners. He said early on that was his dream partner. Hopefully she's a better dancer than she's letting on. I think on average, athletes have been excellent to good, and at the very least, most were fun and memorable. She could be like Misty Treanor. Misty wasn't the best dancer and had a ways to go, but wasn't horrible and probably would have improved had she not been injured. I don't know anything about Kristin, other than she was on 'The Hills' and has done a couple of movies. Rob I wouldn't know if not for his last name. Elizabeth if not for the George Clooney connection. I don't follow soccer, so I don't know many athletes associated with that sport, but recognize Hope because of the World Cup this year. Chaz I don't mind. If it's true he's on, I just hope the show doesn't turn it into a 'hey, transgendered people can dance, too!' type of spectacle. I find him nice, but boring in interviews.

I find it pretty comical that the show early on said they were looking strictly for A-listers, no amount was too much and they could practice as much or as little as they wanted, could call all the shots, and yet we're getting an even mediocre and 'who are they again' line up than usual. I know this show couldn't get the A-listers it wants, like George Clooney (but I guess his ex is good enough), or Jennifer Aniston. It's always been a mix of has beens, but the rumors this season are even more pitiful than usual. Hopefully the names that haven't been spoiled yet are more exciting. Otherwise, it'll be a long, boring season, with a $3 million stage that some people will hate and the others probably won't even pay attention to. It'll be even worse if it's the same old storyline with the same pros doing bad and good, the same old judges critiques, Brooke not being able to co-host (though sometimes that can add humor), and a certain someone winning again.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-23-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Per Twitter @DWTSgossip...Val is definitely joining as a pro, also Peta Murgatroyd and maybe Tristan from the dance troupe.

Quote Originally Posted by summerrain43 View Post
    Per Twitter @DWTSgossip...Val is definitely joining as a pro, also Peta Murgatroyd and maybe Tristan from the dance troupe.
    I really hope they give all 3 new pros celebs with staying power. I hate when they bring newbies on, only to give them someone boring and unmemorable who goes out early. I was hoping from the troupe either Teddy or Tristan would join, and I liked all 3 girls. Since Peta is dating Damian, maybe we'll get to see him in some pro numbers this season with her, and hopefully back as a pro in the future. They're getting the sibling angle back with Maks and Val, but they no longer have the married/dating angle with anyone else. I did see DWTS Gossip said 'sorry Chels, we'll miss you this season" I'm equally thrilled if Anna is back but just as disappointed that we're losing Chelsie yet are stuck with Lacey. Looks like Dmitry and Louis aren't back. Must be Dmitry got demoted to being on stand by for a tall female celeb. If the rumored list of Rob, Kristin, Chyna, Chaz, Elizabeth, Hope, and Christina turns out to be true, Christina appears to be the one to beat and who will have the most experience. Hopefully they give her to Val, and not Derek or Mark. I wonder who Chaz will get if he's that short. Actually, if they wanted to do a same sex pairing, Louis could still be in, or another male pro, and Anna is out The pros are meeting their celebs tomorrow to begin rehearsals. Unless it was a red herring, we already know about Hope and Maks. We'll probably get more concrete rumors. I hope it turns out being a better list than who's rumored. And at the very least that it's not obvious week 1 who's going to win.

I don't know if they would pair Chaz with a same sex partner, b/c it seems a little pointless to me. Wouldn't he want to be paired with a woman? I hope nobody takes this as offensive, b/c its certainly meant as a legitimate question, but isn't that the whole point of becoming transgendered, to become a man? Anyway, I hope he is paired with Lacey if he is on, b/c I don't care for her and I'm not interested in Chaz. Simply b/c he has the same "right" to be called a star as Bristol, which is hardly anything.

I am worried about the Maks/Hope pairing b/c she said she is a horrible dancer and doesn't seem like she would have a tremendous fan base. I wouldn't want either Christina or Kristin w Derek or Mark, but w Louis out its likely. I don't like Christina enough to root for her w one of them, but Kristin is a different story.

I am so sad Chelsie is out, but I love Anna and Peta. Why couldn't they have sat out Lacey & kept Chelsie?? Boo.

I'm getting super excited for the season to start! Can't wait!!!

Go Chelsie Kaye!

My life has been so crazy busy since my most recent addition to my family and I've hardly had a minute of free time lately. I have not had time to keep up (and actually forgot DWTS was coming up so soon.) I don't have time to go back and read the entire thread. Can someone give me an update on all the rumors so I don't have to read it all? I have not heard that Chelsie is not coming back. Yikes! I find that hard to believe since at the end of 2 seasons ago, she asked the producers if she were going to be asked back and they laughed at her because they thought it was ridiculous she'd even ask that since they like her so much. I've got the word out to get my inside source to find out from Chelsie if that's true, ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Iwatch4Chelsie View Post
    My life has been so crazy busy since my most recent addition to my family and I've hardly had a minute of free time lately. I have not had time to keep up (and actually forgot DWTS was coming up so soon.) I don't have time to go back and read the entire thread. Can someone give me an update on all the rumors so I don't have to read it all? I have not heard that Chelsie is not coming back. Yikes! I find that hard to believe since at the end of 2 seasons ago, she asked the producers if she were going to be asked back and they laughed at her because they thought it was ridiculous she'd even ask that since they like her so much. I've got the word out to get my inside source to find out from Chelsie if that's true, ASAP!
    DWTS Gossip has said on their twitter Chelsie isn't returning There's still a slot for a female pro to be filled, but by process of elimination many think it's going to Anna (unless they have an uneven number of couples this season, or bring on another new female pro). The pros said to be returning are Mark, Derek, Maks, Tony, Cheryl, Lacey, Kym, Karina, and newbies Val (Maks's bro), and from the dance troupe, Peta and Tristan. If Chelsie isn't back, this better not be a permenant thing. Since Chelsie is the shortest of the female pros, I wonder if the male celebs this season are too tall for her. Louis sat out season 4 because the female celebs were too tall for him. So hopefully that's the cast this time for Chelsie. I'd much rather lose Lacey and Karina. As for the celeb rumors, it seems like Hope Solo is a lock to be paired with Maks. Rob Kardashian (oddly enough, I saw a blurb from Karina saying she wanted to be partnered with him), Christina Milan, Jenna Jameson, Chaz Bono, Elizabeth Calthis (however you spell her name, George Clooney's ex), Kristin Cavallri, and Chyna Phillips are the rumors that seem to have the most leverage to stand on. Rob, Kristin, and Elizabeth were confirmed to be signed by different entertainment shows; Jenna and Chaz started following some of the pros on twitter (which doesn't mean anything, I know), Hope went from turning them down, to asking her fans on twitter if she should do something she's no good at, to a tweet that accidentally was made public meant for Maks. Christina Milan has played coy when asked by the paparrazi whether or not she's doing it. Chyna Phillips was mentioned by Perez Hilton, who did correctly spoil Wendy and Kirstie last season. So looks like a dismal season on paper, with a new stage, and probably a predictable ringer winning. At least there's Val to look forward to.

ETA: Anna just tweeted she's back, so there's our pro roster. I'm at least happy she's returning, and that she isn't the first to get kicked to the curb like she used to be. Hopefully she, Maks, Val, Tony, and the other newbie pros get some good partners and are the last ones standing.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-24-2011 at 11:20 PM.
    sparklete likes this.

+ Reply to Thread