+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 5/24 Finals Part 2 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/24 Finals Part 2 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quick question (as I can't find it in this thread): Who is the pro rumored to not be returning next season? Is it true?

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47 View Post
    Quick question (as I can't find it in this thread): Who is the pro rumored to not be returning next season? Is it true?
    There is a rumor/speculation Maks might choose to leave the show being tired of at getting second at best and other things. This is based on his odd closing comments at the end of the show.

I personally wouldn't take a lot of stock in it until he really hints at it - I think a lot of his comments Tuesday were being disappointed, trying to form his words to be complimentary to Kirstie (and he succeeded here IMHO), and possibly just being shocked that they got second and we the public were allowed to decide the top three when all the judges scored the three teams the same in the judge's dance. That kept the scores the same and the public's vote determined it.

(BTW, I say this because the season Nicole and Derek won, the judges gave that duo a 30 for the dance while Evan and his partner received a 28 or 27 I think during the final judge's dance.)

I was very happy with the outcome! I was rooting for Hines all of the way. As my daughter put it, he is the perfect example of a winner on DWTS. He came in with no experience, worked hard, and went all of the way. I've always been a huge fan of Kirstie - and Maks of course! - and I'm amazed at what she accomplished. For those who think Chelsea and Mark should have won, I agree she was the best dancer of the three, but Hines danced with HEART! Also, my daughter said do we really think the Disney Channel would have hired her in the first place if she couldn't dance at all? She's done a few music videos. So she did improve, and dhe wasn't a "ringer," but she was not really a "non dancer" at the beginning either. Do I think the DWTS powers that be wanted her to win? Of course! But they couldn't stop the public love for Hines. And they probably saved her that time with the "all of nothing vote" mess! This will help her career. She has nothing to worry about! And Kirstie has set the bar high for stars around her age!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    This DWTS seasons outcome was just as predictable as American Idol's finale was tonight. I always felt Hines would win after he performed week 1. I knew Scotty would win AI this season. It all has to do with fan bases and how big they are.

IMO Hines was not the best dancer and Scotty was not the best singer on AI this year, but their fan bases were going to vote for them to win no matter how well they did each week.
    On Tuesday people were talking about how big Steeler Nation is. Well, on GMA Hines mentioned the Bulldog nation as well. I knew right then why he was never in any trouble. University of Georgia fans are rabid and I do mean rabid Bulldog fans (the bulldog is their mascot but DAWG is how they are referred to, lol). Ok so today I was with a group of ladies at an event where mostly seniors were in attendance much older than me as I was helping with the program and these ladies said they were voting for Hines because he was a Bulldog. I am not kidding even if you went to UGA in 1911 you are still current on all the scores for the past 100 years and still cheer like a banshee at all games many of these people still have season's tickets. One of the ladies was able to name the quarterbacks that Hines replaced and said Hines stepped in and just took over that position and he did great went on to quote scores, year of feats. They all said what a nice person Hines was during that time, how much he helped the team, was just a nice and humble person. It upped his bio for me!!! How 'bout them Dawgs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    On Tuesday people were talking about how big Steeler Nation is. Well, on GMA Hines mentioned the Bulldog nation as well. I knew right then why he was never in any trouble. University of Georgia fans are rabid and I do mean rabid Bulldog fans (the bulldog is their mascot but DAWG is how they are referred to, lol). Ok so today I was with a group of ladies at an event where mostly seniors were in attendance much older than me as I was helping with the program and these ladies said they were voting for Hines because he was a Bulldog. I am not kidding even if you went to UGA in 1911 you are still current on all the scores for the past 100 years and still cheer like a banshee at all games many of these people still have season's tickets. One of the ladies was able to name the quarterbacks that Hines replaced and said Hines stepped in and just took over that position and he did great went on to quote scores, year of feats. They all said what a nice person Hines was during that time, how much he helped the team, was just a nice and humble person. It upped his bio for me!!! How 'bout them Dawgs!!
    "How 'bout them Dawgs," indeed! Since I don't follow football, my husband informed me at the beginning of the season just who Hines was.
    Since then, as I would dvr the show, he would come in just to see Hines dance.
    Though I became a huge Romeo fan early on, I was always okay with the notion of Hines probably winning. He represented UGA (the alma mater of three of my daughters) quite well!

Just watch the movie "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" to see how rabid Georgia fans are. "Go Dawgs!"
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 05-26-2011 at 11:13 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    There is a rumor/speculation Maks might choose to leave the show being tired of at getting second at best and other things. This is based on his odd closing comments at the end of the show.

I personally wouldn't take a lot of stock in it until he really hints at it - I think a lot of his comments Tuesday were being disappointed, trying to form his words to be complimentary to Kirstie (and he succeeded here IMHO), and possibly just being shocked that they got second and we the public were allowed to decide the top three when all the judges scored the three teams the same in the judge's dance. That kept the scores the same and the public's vote determined it.

(BTW, I say this because the season Nicole and Derek won, the judges gave that duo a 30 for the dance while Evan and his partner received a 28 or 27 I think during the final judge's dance.)
    The very, very cynical side of me thinks that the reason the judges gave all 3 couples the same score in the final dance, is that they saw the writing on the wall, and knew no matter what they did, or how they scored they weren't going to be able to get the win for Mark and Chelsea they wanted. I think that score they gave Nicole and Derek was the final bump they needed to take the win. She was their winner from the first week.

I truly believe that if the voting public had been allowed to determine the top three, Ralph would have been in the finals, instead of Chelsea. But the Winner Take all score took that out of the viewers hands.

OMG!!! RE: How bout them dawgs, my godson just graduated from UGA cum laude, I have been to Athens to events because of him, lots of fun. Even went to the graduation last year with Alton Brown as commencement speaker, that was a hoot.

MF Walker, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is one of my all time favorite movies. Whenever I am really having a bad day I just plug it in and get a good laugh. Love the piano player guy. most of the acting was terrible but still the scenery of Savannah was prime...

Ok back to Hines, he was a shoo in as a former Bulldog and one with a good record at UGA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    The very, very cynical side of me thinks that the reason the judges gave all 3 couples the same score in the final dance, is that they saw the writing on the wall, and knew no matter what they did, or how they scored they weren't going to be able to get the win for Mark and Chelsea they wanted. I think that score they gave Nicole and Derek was the final bump they needed to take the win. She was their winner from the first week.

I truly believe that if the voting public had been allowed to determine the top three, Ralph would have been in the finals, instead of Chelsea. But the Winner Take all score took that out of the viewers hands.
    While I can see your point, with all the backlash everywhere (and I do mean everywhere) about the WTA dance guaranteeing a team a finals they weren't going to risk even making people THINK that Mark and Chelsea had a chance to win it all even if they weren't going to make it no matter what.

And yes, I agree with you - had they not put in the let's give a team a freebie into the finals (and for RedSoxFan, I mean this for ANY team), I think we'd had a Ralph, Kirstie and Hines final. That would've been great and all three were deserving. Chelsea seems like a nice enough girl; however, I don't think that it helped she was teamed with Mark and worse, let him basically outshine her. That wasn't fair to her.

I also think if things hadn't been manipulated, the final 3 would have been Hines, Ralph, and Kirstie. Which makes me so sad. It's just so unfair, and there is no excuse for the way they treated R&K.

I loved seeing Ralph and Karina dance the quickstep again, and the added solo was such a nice bonus. It showed to me yet again, that he should have been one of the final 3.

I thought Petra's dance was beautiful.

Chris was so funny with his imatation of bruno, LOL

+ Reply to Thread