+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 5/24 Finals Part 2 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 5/24 Finals Part 2 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Something needs to be clarified. The show is called Dancing With the Stars not Dancing With the Pros. The pros are hired to coach, choreograph and partner so that the star is showcased within the rules as best as possible.

What, I think, people disliked most Mark is not so much that he breaks rules but that he makes the dances all about him. When he's dancing with his partner his moves far outshine her even though she is a decent dancer. He also does flashy solo bits while his partner is basically doing nothing. The freedance alone showed how much he wants the spotlight. His choice of a sparkley neon green suit pulled your eyes to him while Chelsea almost disappeared in her bare midriff top and black pants.

Of course, all the pros are better dancers than their partners but they don't make the dances all about them.

I guess the producers want the controversy about Mark because it's good for the ratings. I just hope his next partner, if he is back on the show. has the nerve to tell him to knock it off and act like a professional and do his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    Well so much for the "conspiracy" around Chelsea/Mark. Hindsight: there wasn't one there after all! (Just inconsistent scoring)
    I'm not convinced there was not one. IMO even though they tried their best giving them extra points and high scores, they still couldn't make it with the votes. I guess there was only so much the producers could do.

It might be smart if they would take viewer feedback and understand that they are setting up the next dancer for failure by partnering up with him or better yet, what if the new contestants say, I'll come on your show, but I will not dance with Mark." How will that work? Will they just offer them more money?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    True, but I don't think Helio, Gilles or Stacy were hampered by their pros, like it appears Chelsea was.
    A majority of people don't like Mark, so they transferred that to Chelsea.
    Do we actually know that a lot of people don't like Mark and/or Chelsea? Maybe a lot of posters here don't, but more people likely read this board than post on it, and many more people watch the show than post here. We don't know exact vote totals or why people voted the way they did. All we really know is that the combination of judges' votes and audience votes landed Mark and Chelsea in third.

I honestly wish we at least knew the final vote tally, but the show's not likely to ever tell us that.

That's a good point Tilden. I know what I see here about Mark, but I have read similar comments on the ABC boards. Just how prevasive the negative sentiments are is not known.

haha I fell asleep just before Kirstie's cha cha. I'm fine with the result rankings. Though, I secretly rooted for Kirstie over Hines.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Do we actually know that a lot of people don't like Mark and/or Chelsea? Maybe a lot of posters here don't, but more people likely read this board than post on it, and many more people watch the show than post here. We don't know exact vote totals or why people voted the way they did. All we really know is that the combination of judges' votes and audience votes landed Mark and Chelsea in third.

I honestly wish we at least knew the final vote tally, but the show's not likely to ever tell us that.
    We don't know for certain. All we know is that she / he got less votes. What WAS evident all over the internet, not just this board, was that people did not like him and did not want HIM to win again.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    I don't think anybody this year, never mind last night, deserved 10's - when comparing them to previous seasons competitors BUT they all improved, especially Hines and Kirstie, so on that basis I guess they all danced equally well, thus gettting their perfect scores. What impressed me last night and what I was worried about last night was that the judges were going to further mess with the voters by giving out scores that change the results of the show. Giving them equal scores, evened out the playing field for them all, so I was quite pleased with that.
    Simply put, the fact they gave all 10s to each of the dance pairs, they wanted to let the fans decide who won this year's competition. I thought it was nice too because this also showed us the real standings of this show, and not fake outs or the like.

I wonder if the controversy about the Winner Take All dance and people threatening to not only boycott the show but advertisers really did have an impact. Producers do have a tendency to blow off complaints about their shows, but they will not if the advertising threatens to leave. No ads - no show. Simple enough.

Then again, I really think the fact they did not allow Mark and Chelsea a farewell comment at all and made them go to the final dance spoke a lot too. They DID let Maks and Kirstie speak as well as Hines and Kym (or at least Hines) after the winner was revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Oh, I didn't realize Petra and Dmitry were performing live.
    I need some clarification.
    Josh Groban was in concert in Omaha, NE on Tuesday night.
    So...how was he LIVE at DWTS?
    Did they pre-tape Petra and Dmitry?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by redjdv View Post
    I need some clarification.
    Josh Groban was in concert in Omaha, NE on Tuesday night.
    So...how was he LIVE at DWTS?
    Did they pre-tape Petra and Dmitry?
    Hmm, good question. I know that obviously wasn't their original performance (I totally missed it going live, or to a pre-tape, if it was). All I heard was Brooke talking about it being the most memorable dance of story week, Petra and Dmitry about 1/4 of a way through their dance, and Josh Groban coming out onstage. I just realized, too, did Petra get interviewed last night? Two hours of filler, and what I thought was one of the oddest finales ever in terms of filler, I can't remember.

FORT Fogey

I don't know if they pretaped the dance, but Petra was there last night, because on E! Entertainment News they showed a shot of her comforting a tearful Kirstie Alley after the show. I felt bad for Kirstie when Lacey interviewed her, because she said she'd wished she could have been better. Lacey, for her part, told her she shouldn't feel that way, because coming in second was a big deal and Maks, who looked disappointed himself, was there to console her as well. Though she didn't say so, I kind of got the feeling that Kirstie's comment about wishing she could have been better was at least partly that she felt bad for not helping Maks get that mirror ball trophy.

They also interviewed Hines, who said he'd be putting his trophy next to his Super Bowl MVP (I wasn't aware he'd won one, but I don't follow football) and Chelsea, who said she felt it was a big honor even to come in third. Mark was standing there too, but he didn't say anything. Didn't look too thrilled about Chelsea thinking third was an honor, however. They didn't talk to Kym. I'm not sure where she was. The interviews obviously took place pretty much immediately after the show, as everyone was milling about backstage, so it's possible Kym was just elsewhere when they managed to get to Hines.

+ Reply to Thread