+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 5/24 Finals Part 2 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/24 Finals Part 2 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

soooooooooooo happy to see Kirstie take out Mark at F3.......poetic justice for the riggage of WTA. Sadly, Chelsea had to bear the brunt of having Mark for a partner - had she had any other pro, she prolly would've won. She clearly was the best dancer left and Mark was the noose around her neck.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    ....I think the conspiracy theorys would stop. But as long as horrible dancers like Bristol can get 9's and 10's for an effort that should only garner a 7 and dancers like Chelsea and Mark can advance when it was clear to many that Ralph would have made F3 due to fan votes... they will continue to be under suspicion.
    I watched Hines FS last night and was not impressed, how on earth did that earn all 10s??
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I watched Hines FS last night and was not impressed, how on earth did that earn all 10s??
    Honestly? After they gave C/M all 10's for a freestyle that was not even in sync - what else COULD they give H/K?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I like Hines and love Kym, but correct me if I am wrong but the only pros to have won are

Mark Ballas
    Derek and Julliane Hough
    Cheryl Burke
    Kym Johnson

I would love to see Maks, Karina, Tony, Chelsea, Ashly win now. I am sick of the same pros winning season after season.
    What about the first season? I can't think of who did win (in terms of the pro) that season, but I'm certain it couldn't have been Mark or Derek, because they weren't on the show yet. Even if you count the second dance off winner as the winner of season one, I know John's partner was more his age and was definitely not Cheryl, Julianne, or Kym.

Or were you just thinking of pros currently on the show?
    The complete list of results from each season are posted in a stickied thread here. Alec Mazo won S1 with Kelly Monaco, he's the only other winning pro besides those listed. (Charlotte Jorgensen was John O'Hurley's partner for that strange dance-off)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Honestly? After they gave C/M all 10's for a freestyle that was not even in sync - what else COULD they give H/K?
    I know right - the scoring wasn't going to make a difference, they knew Hines was going to win by a landslide - even lowballing Kirstie's dances didn't help Chelsea's lack of fanbase.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Exactly. Scoring is relative. If the first dance is scored all nines, a dance equal to it is scored the same, a better performance gets a 10, and a lesser performance 8 or lower. By scoring the first dance that was riddled with mistakes 10s, the judges were left with no where to go.

I really loved Mark and Chelsea's Harry Potter dance - but not as a Viennese waltz. If that had been their freestyle, I would have thought it the best FS of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Exactly. Scoring is relative. If the first dance is scored all nines, a dance equal to it is scored the same, a better performance gets a 10, and a lesser performance 8 or lower. By scoring the first dance that was riddled with mistakes 10s, the judges were left with no where to go.

I really loved Mark and Chelsea's Harry Potter dance - but not as a Viennese waltz. If that had been their freestyle, I would have thought it the best FS of the night.
    I was surprised that M&C chose the Harry Potter dance -- it was one of Mark's worst offenses in terms of dancing around Chelsea and not giving her enough to do. I wasn't that impressed with it, and all the 10s from the judges made my jaw drop. But if a star doesn't have a voting fanbase, they're not going to win no matter how many 10s they get. I'm glad that Mark got splashed with that cold reality this year. He needs to grow up.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I know this is not your position and you were replying to someone else, but I wanted to include your post for the bolded statement. If this was a professional competition, M/C would not have won because they would have been disqualified early for breaking the rules. As it is, this is not a professional dancing competition, but an entertainment show. However, it is still an entertainment show with RULES. If you don't like the rules, fine. If you want to break the rules and take your chances, fine. But there are plenty of people, myself included, who feel like Mark's (and Derek's) constant attempts to break the rules, while the other dancers comply, is BS. In my mind, a truly creative and talented person does not need to break the rules to show off their talent. A TRULY talented and creative person can show off their creativity and talent while staying inside the rules. Kym and Chelsie being two standout examples.

In dance tell that to the ghosts of Martha Graham, Fosse and Alvin Ailey.

In painting tell that to the ghosts of Van Gogh, Picasso and Pollock.

In music tell that to Phillip Glass, Paganini and The Sugar Hill gang.

In acting tell that to the ghosts of Sarah Bernhardt, Mae West and Charlie Chaplin.

In writing tell that to the ghosts of James Joyce, Arthur Miller and Byron.

All broke the rules, all were criticized for breaking the rules, all were told they had no business breaking the rules.Some faced jail time or went to jail.

No one remembers the names of their critics but everyone remembers the artists, or at least knows about them.

Without the rule breaking of thees artists we wouldn't progress in any art form.

I am not comparing Mark to these people I am simply saying art must not stop evolving and evolving means using the rules and also breaking them in order to keep the process of new creative ideas flowing.

To say an artist can't or shouldn't do this is to essentially say art in all of it's forms should never ever change. There are a lot of artists who have broken the rules who I don't like in terms of what they present but I respect their output at the same time.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

I don't know. maybe the judges love the Pittsburgh Steelers? The guy is a very good dancer and has been from day 1. But, for me he never progressed. Loved his style and his presence and my hat is off to him, but I do think the last few weeks have been head scratchers in terms of his scores. He definitely deserves high scores but i was surprised with all of the tens.

I feel that Kirtie is the one contestant who showed such an amazing arc of growth and even though other contestants had chemistry she and Maks lit up the dance floor and that should count for something -just as important as technique. IN my heart, I think she is the real winner in all of this, as is Maks-she was the every person out there and though her second to last dance wasn't perfect it was quite amazing when you consider her age and weight- that took guts and the ability to take control of her fears and just do it. Wow. I've come away with such a fondness for her and what an inspiration.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

soooooooooooo happy to see Kirstie take out Mark at F3.......poetic justice for the riggage of WTA. Sadly, Chelsea had to bear the brunt of having Mark for a partner - had she had any other pro, she prolly would've won. She clearly was the best dancer left and Mark was the noose around her neck.
    So true. After the show lowered themself into the gutter and gave Mark and Chelsea the additional 15 points, I have not forced myself to watch. I recored and went back to watch points of interest, like seeing Chelsea and Mark take third!!!!!!!!Which they only got that by their gifted 15 points. Ralph shouldh have been there. So, I was happy, except that I never saw as much talent in Hines as everyone else did. Oh well,........

+ Reply to Thread