+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 5/24 Finals Part 2 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 5/24 Finals Part 2 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    You are correct - it is an entertainment program rather than a professional dance competition. If it was a professional competition, you might have a case that Mark and Chelsea should have won. But as it turns out, people don't appear to be entertained by Mark, so they aren't voting for his whiny, entitled ass and his partner loses out because of it.
    I agree 100%!

And I will add that Tom and Brooke constantly remind viewers to VOTE FOR THEIR FAVORITES.

They NEVER say - vote for the best dancer.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I like Hines and love Kym, but correct me if I am wrong but the only pros to have won are

Mark Ballas
    Derek and Julliane Hough
    Cheryl Burke
    Kym Johnson

I would love to see Maks, Karina, Tony, Chelsea, Ashly win now. I am sick of the same pros winning season after season.

What about the first season? I can't think of who did win (in terms of the pro) that season, but I'm certain it couldn't have been Mark or Derek, because they weren't on the show yet. Even if you count the second dance off winner as the winner of season one, I know John's partner was more his age and was definitely not Cheryl, Julianne, or Kym.

Or were you just thinking of pros currently on the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Seriously. To go against the grain ain't easy. And, I am constantly amazed at how all of us interpret things so differently and even more amazed at the endless array of conspiracy theories surrounding these types of shows.

Seems as if DWTS is the hardest hit with these kinds of things for whatever reason.
    The reason is that they don't release the voting info and the judges give points to people we know don't deserve them and then they have dances to pad scores for a special few. If they switched to the format that AI uses, where the judges just give opinions and critisizms and that the paddle scores were just a token gesture of thier thoughts....I think the conspiracy theorys would stop. But as long as horrible dancers like Bristol can get 9's and 10's for an effort that should only garner a 7 and dancers like Chelsea and Mark can advance when it was clear to many that Ralph would have made F3 due to fan votes... they will continue to be under suspicion.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by french dip View Post
    Could someone enlighten me please?
    Karina was dressed in a leopard print unitard for the dance and during his comments, Bruno said something to the effect that, "Darling, you were much too rough with your pussy." I don't remember the exact wording but that's close. He said it in his usual innuendo-laden way. Karina was obviously offended and hid her head on Ralph's shoulder. Ralph didn't look very happy either, and the audience started booing. Bruno then shouted at the audience, "What? She's dressed like a cat! That's what I meant" (or words to that effect). Our west coast viewers on the board said the comment was cut from later broadcasts, and has not been referred to since, so obviously ABC/Disney did find it offensive, but they also said that judges are not asked to apologize for their comments. I agree that they shouldn't have to apologize for telling someone what was wrong technically or artistically with their dances, but that comment was clearly not constructive and was worded in such a way that Karina--and a great many audience members--found it offensive. There's no reason Bruno couldn't have apologized for his phrasing and explained, in a more coherent way, what aspect of the dance he was attempting to criticize by saying that. Of course, he is Bruno, so perhaps expecting him to explain anything coherently is a bit much. But he should still have apologized for being offensive, whether it was a language barrier issue or not.

The best part of the show last night (for me) was Josh Groban. I've enjoyed watching Maks and Kirstie they have been amazing. Maks is one of the best Choreographers on the show. I have started getting more and more bored with Bruno and C, when B starts his spill I mute him out. I would like to see more fairness with the judges their pushing ringers is too predictable and boring. Tired of the same pros getting the best celebrity partners. It's a pretty sure bet Tony will get a loser, it just gets old seeing this every year. As for Mark, I can't stand watching him outshine his partner every year. I get so caught up in watching his face I miss what his partner is doing. I wonder how the guy dances with all those mouth movements. I don't like him because he is a boring dancer that neglects his partner and makes outlandish moves so all the attention is on him. Derek also gets the best dancers but he at least tries to make it about his partner. Derek is also a great dancer and entertaining to watch. Mark is a bore his dancing skills are questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I'm thinking that's it, too, but way to make it even more obvious they're trying to cover up what happened. The WTA and Bruno's out of line comment will forever be etched into viewer's minds this season. Sadly, I don't think Bruno or the producers think there's anything wrony with his antics. I'm sure that's one reason the producers want the couples talking back to the judges (aside from the fact it'll create media buzz and ratings drama).
    I think they should pay attention to Chris Jericho's imitation of Bruno. It was spot on it was scary - including how his actions translate to the viewer. If the producers don't get it, then I guess there's nothing else they'll get.

(BTW, Jericho's interpretation of Bruno IMHO was deserving of the lone "10" he got from Carrie Ann for it ).

They can turn it around that the couple stepped over the line and the judge was justified in calling them out for being a sore loser. I saw an interview with Bruno on EXTRA where he said it was caused by a 'language barrier' and that they more or less needed to suck it up and deal with it. I think the producers made another glaring omission by trying to pretend it didn't happen. It makes them look bad they have an over sex up, loose lipped judge. And the couples, 99% of the time, take it like pros and don't utter a peep. You know if Karina and Ralph battled it out with the judges they would have showed it over and over again, just like they did with Maks and CA last season.
    Language barrier? - I'm sorry that's an excuse Bruno. You have been here for 12 seasons and I'm sure you'd been told by now that the reference and HOW you said it is improper. You could've also used "kitty" or "pussyCAT" (which BTW I see quite common because common sense folk know if they use it they should just use the cat with it or it'd be sniggers) and you'd been fine. Just using it as you did you knew what you were saying.

I think that Ralph and Karina did the right thing actually - by NOT saying anything they were making the statement that what Bruno said was wrong and the producers are doing nothing about it.

I do wish they did their free though, although I loved the quickstep they danced. It showed enough to producers they were WRONG IMHO to use the WTA dance. That dance could've been pulled.

I did love DAD and seeing Maks and Chelsie win it for the first time. That was a good performance. Are the Go Gos reuniting or was this just an anniversary of their album appearance?
    I loved this too, and I would presume the Go Gos are currently just doing a reunion type tour. Many bands from that era tend to do a reunion tour once in a while. Even the Monkees - sans Mike Nesmith - are doing a tour.

One more regarding Maks and whether or not he'll return next season; it used to be the 'will she or won't she' with Julianne after she left the show after season 8 but said she'll be back. No even tries to guess, we all know she's probably done. Now it seems Maks's attitude and actions have turned into will he or won't he. I know Maks said last season he was physically, mentally, and emotionally drained before the season started. He made it all the way to the finals during season 10 and never slowed down afterwards. Season 11 was really a hard season for him, dealing with Brandy, the negativity, the battle with CA, losing his grandmother, the gimmicks and stunt cast like with CA...he was done. I was honestly surprise he returned this season. I wonder if it was the last on his contract and he decided to finish it out in case he wanted to be done for good. Then after last season, he went and filmed The Bachelor, and that pretty much right up to the start of this season. So he hasn't had a break in a long time. If he did find love on TB, I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to get all that figured out and try and spend quality time with her and his family. DWTS does take up a lot of time. I will miss Maks greatly if he doesn't return So we could potentially be out Maks, Karina, and (hopefully) Mark next season. Derek, too, if he doesn't return, though I have a feeling he will. I really hope we get to see a pro win next time that never has. Seeing the same faces always advance to the winners circle gets old, even though I do adore Kym and think she's earned all her wins. She's amazing.
    I can see Maks taking off at least a season to be with family, and I would hope he does so unless he's offered a ringer for once so he can win. Since that's most unlikely to happen, I want him to rest so he can blow everyone away with his dances even more than he did this season with Kirstie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post
    The best part of the show last night (for me) was Josh Groban. I've enjoyed watching Maks and Kirstie they have been amazing. Maks is one of the best Choreographers on the show. I have started getting more and more bored with Bruno and C, when B starts his spill I mute him out. I would like to see more fairness with the judges their pushing ringers is too predictable and boring. Tired of the same pros getting the best celebrity partners. It's a pretty sure bet Tony will get a loser, it just gets old seeing this every year. As for Mark, I can't stand watching him outshine his partner every year. I get so caught up in watching his face I miss what his partner is doing. I wonder how the guy dances with all those mouth movements. I don't like him because he is a boring dancer that neglects his partner and makes outlandish moves so all the attention is on him. Derek also gets the best dancers but he at least tries to make it about his partner. Derek is also a great dancer and entertaining to watch. Mark is a bore his dancing skills are questionable.
    Not only Josh Groban but Petra's reaction to him when Dmitry finally got her to turn around and realize he was singing live. She just lit up when she saw what was happening.

I'm hoping that next season Maks returns, and that he and Louis get partners that take them to the end. Poor Louis has the hardest time getting his hands on a contender. I really like Louis as well and would like to see him have a great season.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    What about the first season? I can't think of who did win (in terms of the pro) that season, but I'm certain it couldn't have been Mark or Derek, because they weren't on the show yet. Even if you count the second dance off winner as the winner of season one, I know John's partner was more his age and was definitely not Cheryl, Julianne, or Kym.

Or were you just thinking of pros currently on the show?
    That was Alec Mazo. John's partner's name was Charlotte (or Christine) Jorgenson? Or something like that. I don't think she has been on any season since the first. Alec came back to dance with Natalie Coughlin, and hasn't he since basically said he won't do it again? Wasn't there some issue when Edyta left about not liking the way the show treated him?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    You are correct - it is an entertainment program rather than a professional dance competition. If it was a professional competition, you might have a case that Mark and Chelsea should have won. But as it turns out, people don't appear to be entertained by Mark, so they aren't voting for his whiny, entitled ass and his partner loses out because of it.
    I know this is not your position and you were replying to someone else, but I wanted to include your post for the bolded statement. If this was a professional competition, M/C would not have won because they would have been disqualified early for breaking the rules. As it is, this is not a professional dancing competition, but an entertainment show. However, it is still an entertainment show with RULES. If you don't like the rules, fine. If you want to break the rules and take your chances, fine. But there are plenty of people, myself included, who feel like Mark's (and Derek's) constant attempts to break the rules, while the other dancers comply, is BS. In my mind, a truly creative and talented person does not need to break the rules to show off their talent. A TRULY talented and creative person can show off their creativity and talent while staying inside the rules. Kym and Chelsie being two standout examples.

+ Reply to Thread