+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: 5/23 Finals Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/23 Finals Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    If this was planned from the beginning to avoid a Bristol than that is fixing the show. The premise is vote for your favorite dancer. If enough people voted for Bristol, than she deserved her spot. You cannot put multiple stars from multiple levels of physicality and experience against each other, and have millions of people vote with no dancing background and expect it to be fair on dancing ability. I did not vote for Bristol, but it is the right of people to vote for her for whatever reason they feel. We cannot be mad that she makes it to the finals, but than be mad that Ralph did not. It either is our choice or the judges period, and we have to respect the outcome.

Now the WTA was a clear and utter joke. If Chelsea is not getting the votes tough. If she is the better dancer so what. If peole like Ralph and Bristol better tough. Either make the show all about the judges scores and see how the viewship fades, or allow us the fans to make the choice and deal with it. Why would the producers care who wins if the fans who is their cash cow votes for them? So they do not want us to choose??? Why????
    I think that is the "excuse" the producers are using, but I don't think that it is true. The uproar was that people were voting for her because of who her mother was, not her - and that people were voting who weren't even watching. Well, what the heck do you expect when you assign a number the first week that never changes and you open voting lines before anyone dances a step. I call BS!

I also gotta say that I just hated this episode. I don't know, none of the routines seemed that musical (except Hines). The two sambas from Chelsea and Kirstie seemed unmusical and ridiculously slow tempo. I wasn't really impressed with the freestyles either, seasons past seemed so much better. As much as Mark outdances Chelsea, I feel like Maks is doing the same kinda... or I can see him holding back. I just really don't see what anybody does about Kirstie's dancing.

Like I said before... DISNEY OWNS ABC. Whenever you put a Disney star on DTWS, there will be a potential conflict of interest.

HUGE 2nd on keeping voting lines open before they dance. That needs to be killed. All it does is encourage favoritism.
    Last edited by Endit; 05-24-2011 at 05:58 PM.

If this was planned from the beginning to avoid a Bristol than that is fixing the show. The premise is vote for your favorite dancer. If enough people voted for Bristol, than she deserved her spot. You cannot put multiple stars from multiple levels of physicality and experience against each other, and have millions of people vote with no dancing background and expect it to be fair on dancing ability. I did not vote for Bristol, but it is the right of people to vote for her for whatever reason they feel. We cannot be mad that she makes it to the finals, but than be mad that Ralph did not. It either is our choice or the judges period, and we have to respect the outcome.

Now the WTA was a clear and utter joke. If Chelsea is not getting the votes tough. If she is the better dancer so what. If peole like Ralph and Bristol better tough. Either make the show all about the judges scores and see how the viewship fades, or allow us the fans to make the choice and deal with it. Why would the producers care who wins if the fans who is their cash cow votes for them? So they do not want us to choose??? Why????
    I agree with you. What a joke. Tom also mentioned so things like Sabrina Bryan going home early wouldn't happen. I have never understood what they didn't get about that. She didn't have enough people voting for her or it wouldn't have happened. I didn't particularly care for her. I could see that she was technically good but I didn't care for her personally so I would have never voted for her. I wasn't the only one. They said it was a shocking elimination. Not to me. I wasn't surprised at all. From reading on here and seeing how many people she annoyed I had thought that if she ever had a low score she had the potential to go home, and sure enough that was exactly what happened. I've been less than thrilled how they keep shoving her down our throats all these years later. IMO she had a grating personality, and nothing I've seen in the time since she was on has changed my mind. I was never going to vote for Mya either because I just didn't care for her.

This show has had lots of upsets beginning with the first winner, who I personally voted for. I've watched many more dancing shows since then and might not vote for her now, but back then, with unseasoned eyes she was my pick. But John was never going to be my pick either, so I would have voted for her or for Joey(?).

I've always liked that in the end it's not about the most technically perfect dancer, as they often leave me wishing for more. I don't even care that much for a lot of the pro-dances. I have figured out that I need that personal connection with the dancers to really enjoy it. The troop this year- don't care for them. I do however like to watch the pros I know dance. I particularly love watching Anna dance, especially with Jonathan. Her face lights up and she glows when she dances with him.

For me personally I vote with my heart for sure. I voted to keep both Kelly Osborne and Ty Murray (sp?) in much longer than perhaps their dancing warranted, but their heart and personalities made me want to see them more than other dancers that were perhaps technically better. As some have mentioned up-thread this show doesn't have a level playing field, so I vote for whom I want to see more of. I have been voting for Kirstie. I think she's doing a fabulous job for her age. It's amazing what she's accomplishing. I don't think Chelsea is as great as she does. I've seen better dancers over the years and I didn't vote for them either.

Chelsea and Mark's free-style dance was my least favorite. I wish they hadn't had that whole WTA dance. I have a feeling that we'd be seeing a different finale. Brandi might have been a better dancer last year, but I think her personality rubbed some people the wrong way and that's why she didn't get the votes.

This show from the beginning was about voting for your favorites and I for one still want the favorite to win. They have dance competitions for the technically perfect. I love that this show has been about the stars who win us over with their heart, dedication, personal growth and oh yeah, learning some dancing too!
    Last edited by justCoz; 05-24-2011 at 06:34 PM.

i agree with all who said that Chelsea and Mark were terrible last night. Even the group who I watch with and they like the couple, thought that it was the worst dance of the night. And I bet they had the lifts because Kirstie kept talking about all the aerials they were going to do and then Mark going shirtless.... just a Maks wannabe... and a very very poor imitation of the real thing
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

If this was planned from the beginning to avoid a Bristol than that is fixing the show. The premise is vote for your favorite dancer. If enough people voted for Bristol, than she deserved her spot. You cannot put multiple stars from multiple levels of physicality and experience against each other, and have millions of people vote with no dancing background and expect it to be fair on dancing ability. I did not vote for Bristol, but it is the right of people to vote for her for whatever reason they feel.
    ITA. And all this "BS" about DWTS trying to avoid a Bristol situation like last year is pure crap (the redundancy is SO necessary) because at the end of the day ABC and the show loved the attention and ratings. I have no doubt this year was fixed (who knows if Chelsea and Mark got enough votes even with the 15 points...but at least this way it seemed plausible) because Chelsea is a DISNEY (aka ABC) employee and they probably assumed Mark's fanbase was larger than Karina's. At the end of the day we have no idea what the votes look like because Dial Idol isn't 100% accurate, they dont reveal the actual bottom two, and never share their results or even pretend to have an actual firm review/verify the results (like the finale of AI).

I truly believe Bristol was getting a ton of fan votes and probably made it to the end based on those votes--and that is totally ok with me because this is "vote for your favorite." What I wasn't okay with was the blatant overscoring from the judges to appease stupid Mark and "help" them move forward in the competition. If she had been scored properly there is a good chance the viewers couldn't overcome the margin if she had 4s and 5s...but if they were given those [accurate] scores and still moved forward then she deserved it; after all, the premise of the show is supposed to be 50/50 judges/viewers and if those are the rules then those are the rules.

From the previous thread I mentioned that I couldn't get one vote in for Kirstie/Maks but went straight through for Hines. Another poster said the exact same thing...so my question is: are these results accurate...seems to me that 2 to 3x as many viewer votes would overcome the small difference in judges score? Interesting.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Hines' if you listen to it is the Jackson Five's "One More Chance" and I think a little "ABC" in there. Both are well known because of Michael Jackson's tenor when he sang those with the group.
    Not really that important now because the season is over, but the two songs were the Jacksons' "Dancing Machine" and "I Want You Back", although "one more chance" is part of the lyrics to that song. I just loved that freestyle!

Quote Originally Posted by catzy View Post
    Not really that important now because the season is over, but the two songs were the Jacksons' "Dancing Machine" and "I Want You Back", although "one more chance" is part of the lyrics to that song. I just loved that freestyle!
    Eh, it's important to me - I only knew the two that I listed in the comment, and will have to look at those two songs. Thanks for sharing there Catzy.

+ Reply to Thread