+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 5/17 "Greatest Dances"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 5/17 "Greatest Dances"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76 View Post
    I am a Patriots fan and Steelers Nation is strong! Playing in Pittsburgh is difficult as that place is loud! Their fan base is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, in football. I am glad Hines did the show; I saw a completely different side of him. He is such a caring, fun loving gentleman. I am a huge fan of his now. Kym is a sweetheart and one of my favorite pros. She never yells, throws fits and is always professional. Go Hines and Kym!!
    Sportsfan..thank you so much for your gracious words about Hines. I am a proud member of Steeler Nation, although I haven't lived there for awhile now. It is in your blood and soul. With that said, the Pats are the team I always worry about the most...Brady is awesome. For this time, however, we can both be on the same team supporting Hines who is the perfect example of what we want a Steeler to be.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I think they finished third even with the judges' padding -- Tom used the "not necessarily the bottom two" line tonight.

They can't force America to like Mark, no matter how much they skew the show that way.
    So very true
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-19-2011 at 09:59 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76 View Post
    Thanks for not holding it against me. My boss is a Jets fan; what a long off season for me after his team booted my team out of the playoffs. I don't have anything against the Bills I do not like the Jets or Dolphins. I am already looking forward to a Steelers game. Is it me or does Hines remind everyone of Emmett Smith? Just out there dancing and having a good time! Can't wait to see their freestyle, his own half time show!!
    I hate to tell you THIS, but I can totally see Mark Sanchez dancing on this show sometime!! The guy is cute, would be a fan favorite, and he is huge fan of Broadway! He even was a presenter one year at the Tony Awards!!

We need a message board for football fans!! The men on the Bills Board think I am a nobody because I am just a woman!! LOL

The best dancer last night, and possibly for the whole season.Was the little ballet dancer Tayla,

I think this goes down as one of my favorite moments ever as a loyal viewer of DWTS. I will never forget Tayla and her touching story. What an inspiration.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I have a couple of conspiracy theories about Mark Ballas:

The producers want Mark to move on from DWTS and know that he will only leave on his own after he receives his third mirror ball trophy so they are helping to make that happen.

OR

He has some blackmail-type photos of Conrad Green which will only be returned after the third mirror ball trophy is hoisted high above Chelsea's head.

OR

Mark and his family have a special contract with ABC. If he leaves on his own, they don't need to buy out the remainder of his contract. However, if they try to get rid of him, then they need to pay a huge sum as severance. See first theory above about how TPTB are helping him to leave on his own.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by moflan View Post
    IHe has some blackmail-type photos of Conrad Green which will only be returned after the third mirror ball trophy is hoisted high above Chelsea's head.
    Actually, Mark will leave when the mirrorball trophy is hoisted over HIS head - Chelsea will be an afterthought.

It's amazing how such an enjoyable season as this one can be ruined by one dance and it's aftermath.
    I've probably enjoyed this season more than quite a few of the last ones. Likeable contestants, fairly equally matched, no ringers. But then came this week's show. That score-padder dance was just plain wrong.
    Supposedly the viewers determine who stays & who goes, or at least have a large part in the decision, but this time the judges knowingly, deliberately, and planned in advance, stacked the deck to the point of impenetrability. They've overscored their pets before, but this time was ridiculous & way too obvious.
    Mark & Chelsea have obviously been receiving low votes from the viewers. That's not an oversight or an accident. It's deliberate. The viewers just aren't taking to them as a pair & are fed up with Mark's not following the dance they are supposed to be doing, & leaving his partner behind in the dust. Every dance can't be his own personal Freestyle, and we're sick of it!

That stupid Stack-The-Deck dance ruined the season for me. It just plain made me mad.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    It's amazing how such an enjoyable season as this one can be ruined by one dance and it's aftermath.
    I've probably enjoyed this season more than quite a few of the last ones. Likeable contestants, fairly equally matched, no ringers. But then came this week's show. That score-padder dance was just plain wrong.
    Supposedly the viewers determine who stays & who goes, or at least have a large part in the decision, but this time the judges knowingly, deliberately, and planned in advance, stacked the deck to the point of impenetrability. They've overscored their pets before, but this time was ridiculous & way too obvious.
    Mark & Chelsea have obviously been receiving low votes from the viewers. That's not an oversight or an accident. It's deliberate. The viewers just aren't taking to them as a pair & are fed up with Mark's not following the dance they are supposed to be doing, & leaving his partner behind in the dust. Every dance can't be his own personal Freestyle, and we're sick of it!

That stupid Stack-The-Deck dance ruined the season for me. It just plain made me mad.
    I agree Miss Scarlet I think this season was killed by Colonel Len Mouseturd, Ms Carrie Anne Peacock and Professor Bruno the Plum Idiot - in the Dance Studio - with a Paddle.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    I hate to tell you THIS, but I can totally see Mark Sanchez dancing on this show sometime!! The guy is cute, would be a fan favorite, and he is huge fan of Broadway! He even was a presenter one year at the Tony Awards!!

We need a message board for football fans!! The men on the Bills Board think I am a nobody because I am just a woman!! LOL
    The look on my boss's face was priceless when I mentioned to him earlier this year that I thought Mark Sanchez was cute and what a gentleman he was. There was a little boy who was a Jets fan but passed away with cancer. Make-A-Wish granted him his wish of hanging out with the Jets; Mark Sanchez took it a step further and gave this little boy his cell phone number and told him to call him whenever he wanted and went to see the little boy before he passed away. Mark was visually upset when he found out the boy passed. I thought to myself "there is a class act." Mark would be phenomenal on Dancing with the Stars. Pair him up with Chelsie and get that girl her mirror ball trophy.

My boss and I got to be really good friends over sports; I am a woman but am just one of the guys when it comes to sports! Love my Patriots, Red Sox and a Hines/Kym victory!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pavalygurl View Post
    Sportsfan..thank you so much for your gracious words about Hines. I am a proud member of Steeler Nation, although I haven't lived there for awhile now. It is in your blood and soul. With that said, the Pats are the team I always worry about the most...Brady is awesome. For this time, however, we can both be on the same team supporting Hines who is the perfect example of what we want a Steeler to be.
    Thank you for your kind words about my team. I am a HUGE Brady fan! We are on the same team tomorrow night, I love Hines Ward and again I am glad I got to see this side of him. Steeler Nation should be very proud of him; I think he is one of the nicest contestants the show has had. He never complains either when the judges say things like "flat footed." Such a class act; then there is Mark Ballas who complains over a 9. Now tell me, who is the pro? Go Hines and Kym; by the way, he had me in tears last week after the Argentine Tango. To see him in tears, Kym in tears and the way he got her through that dance was awesome. Just no other words to describe it.

+ Reply to Thread