+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 5/17 "Greatest Dances"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/17 "Greatest Dances"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The judging for this season has been horrible.

Poor Ralph, I think he deserved to go to the end.

I really do not get the love for Hines OR Kirstie. Ok Hines is good but he doesn't seem sharp enough for me and gets high scores out of nowhere (what kind of curse have you put on the judges?) and Kirstie, she's my Bristol Palin. I really don't see what anybody sees in her. Her dances and routines, I find them consistently boring and not that musical.

Why does everybody wish ill will on Chelsea JUST because of Mark? That isn't right! She doesn't deserve that. She tries pretty hard, is confidant when dancing, and seems to be a pretty bubbly person. I hope Chelsea wins the whole thing.

However you also need to factor in that Disney owns ABC. What better way to make your roster of stars better/visible/high profile than to stick them in a dancing competition that they have control over?

I agree about the FCC thing. When a show is paying out big amounts of money, it should be subject to the same rules as game shows... otherwise the true winner is not given a chance to win.
    Last edited by Endit; 05-18-2011 at 05:40 PM.

The best dancer last night, and possibly for the whole season.Was the little ballet dancer Tayla, who, with a compromised immune system, put them all to shame. She came from such a pure place, no ego, just the love of dance.Thats why I prefer SYTYCD They all check their egos at the door, and dance as if there lives depended on it.
    Whoever wins DWTS wins a mirror ball, and in two years they will quite like be forgotten. I wont forget little Tayla

jmho

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    Why does everybody wish ill will on Chelsea JUST because of Mark? That isn't right! She doesn't deserve that. She tries pretty hard, is confidant when dancing, and seems to be a pretty bubbly person. I hope Chelsea wins the whole thing.
    I don't want Chelsea to win because she's gotten as far as she has by allowing her partner to shine (the woman shines in these things), dance dances that include moves that are NOT part of the specific dance, turning the style into a free (i.e. the cha-cha winner take all), and because during the final five to four show she had this smug look on her face expecting that she would be named safe and almost KNEW it.

And I don't like any team that truly gets a helping hand outside of their own skills winning this. That's what's happened with the WTA, because if Chelsea was as good as people claim, she would NOT have needed 15 points to stay in this thing. There have been relative unknowns to make it far in this contest without the help. Even Bristol didn't have that much help to get to the final three.

Mark only makes it worse, but no - I don't want her to win for these reasons. Jennifer/Nicole/some other ringers - did NOT need that help. Yes, they were sometimes over scored, but at most 3 points is nothing like 15.

And with Nicole for example - she and Derek were actually DINGED points because they didn't do a proper quickstep during the Broadway week. They did more free in it and little quick, which is very close to what Mark and Chelsea did this week, but in the latter's case, they got REWARDED for it.

However you also need to factor in that Disney owns ABC. What better way to make your roster of stars better/visible/high profile than to stick them in a dancing competition that they have control over?
    Then why not just make the season nothing but Disney cast members? There are plenty of Disney actors - past and present - who could fit the bill.

It's ironically that fact though that's HARMING the show. I knew Massey from the Disney shows as well as Melissa Joan Hart (some of her Sabrina stories were filmed under the Disney brand), but I don't have a clue who Chelsea is and I watch the station off and on.

And most of the Disney stars appear on a cable network, and most aren't going to hash out the money for cable to watch these stars.

I agree about the FCC thing. When a show is paying out big amounts of money, it should be subject to the same rules as game shows... otherwise the true winner is not given a chance to win.
    Given how much manipulation is going on in this show, there can be a claim of fraud given that you have to pay money in some cases to vote (text messaging). If the votes are not being considered or we're having judges overscore/create new games to give certain people an unfair advantage because WE the public don't want them there, then there is a serious case to claim fraudulent behavior.

This season could very well turn the FCC into action and finally classify these things as a game show.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    The best dancer last night, and possibly for the whole season.Was the little ballet dancer Tayla, who, with a compromised immune system, put them all to shame. She came from such a pure place, no ego, just the love of dance.Thats why I prefer SYTYCD They all check their egos at the door, and dance as if there lives depended on it.
    Whoever wins DWTS wins a mirror ball, and in two years they will quite like be forgotten. I wont forget little Tayla

jmho
    Neither will I - and Lacey and Chelsea made sure that she outshined all of them.

I have gotten a newer respect and admiration for Lacey - better attitude and a joy to watch. She DOES however need to keep her hair blonde and a little curly. That has been her best look.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Neither will I - and Lacey and Chelsea made sure that she outshined all of them.

I have gotten a newer respect and admiration for Lacey - better attitude and a joy to watch. She DOES however need to keep her hair blonde and a little curly. That has been her best look.
    Yes they did , didnt they.I think Lacey and Chelsea both looked great last night. Kudos to them both.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes they did , didnt they.I think Lacey and Chelsea both looked great last night. Kudos to them both.

I think Lacey is beginning to mature and hopefully in the future she will have more fans.

FORT Regular

I agree Kirstie has been overrated, I loved her in Cheers, but not much after that. She also has the added L Ron Hubbard issue. (Cue John Travolta & Kelly Preston). I do think she is funny, but she also has issues regarding past drug use and weight. She was on Oprah within a past few yrs wearing a kinda sorta bikini to show off her weight loss, then she was on Jenny Craig commercials
    only to put the weight back on. Now she is talking about her weight again. I don't care about her weight, but she has ongoing issues she has not dealt with IMO.

[EDIT]
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-18-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    I think Lacey is beginning to mature and hopefully in the future she will have more fans.
    I hope so.I like her dancing, she takes chances

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    I can completely relate, sportsfan, though you and I should NOT be communicating....I AM A PROUD BILLS FAN!!!! I can't wait to see Hines in a Steelers game -- he is such a warm and gentle man here. What a joy for all of us to legitimately come together to support a great athlete.

(I won't hold it against you that you also support Belicheat!!!!)
    Thanks for not holding it against me. My boss is a Jets fan; what a long off season for me after his team booted my team out of the playoffs. I don't have anything against the Bills I do not like the Jets or Dolphins. I am already looking forward to a Steelers game. Is it me or does Hines remind everyone of Emmett Smith? Just out there dancing and having a good time! Can't wait to see their freestyle, his own half time show!!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I have to admit that as soon as Len said that they wanted to see "Chelsea and Mark" dance again, I turned the show off and just checked back online later to see who got booted (sorry to see Ralph go). I just could not take any more of Mark Ballas!!!!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread