+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 5/17 "Greatest Dances"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/17 "Greatest Dances"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post
    Really, what's wrong with the fans favorite winning??? It wouldn't matter to me who the celebrity is if they have more fan votes. What bothers me is the producers interfering and deciding who should win and who shouldn't. Why have viewers vote at all if the darn thing is decided in advance over what the viewers want. What's the point in having viewer participation??? Just base the winner on what the judges decide and do away with all the time consuming fan vote malarkey.
    Absolutely - that's how this show is designed, but we all know that in the end, the judges have far more discretion as to who they want to take the trophy - not the viewers.

This season's -winner-take-all decided who was going to the finals and who the judges decided they want to win - if Mark/Chelsea don't win, I'll be shocked.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    Veronica's closet was the name of her other tv show. She guest starred on many, many other tv shows and was on the mini series North and South (where she met and starred with Parker Stevenson) If you check out IMDB you can see her extensive acting career.

I think she's got a bigger fan base than either Hines or Chelsea at this point.
    Sorry, haven't gone back to see if this was mentioned - but she was also in the movie Runaway - with Tom Selleck and Gene Simmons. Wasn't a huge hit, but did well - and I personally loved it!

Well my votes are up for grabs next week as I can't decide between Kristie or Hines. Ralph is such a class act and I believe I still have pin ups of him from BOP magazine in storage.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Absolutely - that's how this show is designed, but we all know that in the end, the judges have far more discretion as to who they want to take the trophy - not the viewers.

This season's -winner-take-all decided who was going to the finals and who the judges decided they want to win - if Mark/Chelsea don't win, I'll be shocked.
    I really hope you're wrong! I do think the producers wanted Mark and Chelsea in the finals and the winner take all cha cha was how they made that happen. But I am hoping that between her and Hines, he has the bigger fan base. My concern is that there are potential overlapping fans with Hines and Kirstie. Not so much with Chelsea - and unfortunately, that may work in her favor next week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Sorry, haven't gone back to see if this was mentioned - but she was also in the movie Runaway - with Tom Selleck and Gene Simmons. Wasn't a huge hit, but did well - and I personally loved it!

She was also in a number of made-for-TV movies, some of which did quite well. One of them was A Bunny's Tale, based on Gloria Steinem's early undercover assignment as a bunny in one of the Playboy clubs. She was sent in to do a sort of funny, fluff piece and what she ended up finding out about was the rampant sexism in the workplace, which she started then to see elsewhere as well, leading to her starting to advocate for women's rights.

I thought it was rather ironic that she was in that movie, on DWTS with Kendra and Karina (both of whom have posed in Playboy and one of whom became famous for being one of Hugh Hefner's girlfriends), and that after she was booted off the show, Kendra said she wanted Kirstie to win.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    Sadly, I agree I think Kirstie is going to get the "Ralph treatment" from the judges next week. Len will say something like "let's face it, you're not in the best of shape and your dances are messy" translated to mean "we were only nice to you before because we were told to get you to the final 3, but now it's time for you to go so that the golden boy can win"
    I'm expecting the Ralph treatment for her on Monday, for Hines on Tuesday, if they do want a Mark win. They've already rigged it for them to make the finals, angered a whole group of fans, why not go all the way? It'll be telling next week which way they're sliding. I wonder how many judges only dances we'll have scored. Mark was pretty mum on his freestyle except saying it was 'a crowd pleasing song'. Chelsea should take a seat on the steps and wait for him to finish dancing it for her. I feel like Kym is going to give the better freestyle, technically, but Mark's will be really flashy and what CA and Bruno like.

I think the endgame is fairly predictable. It will come down to a Chelsea/Hines final 2, and the judges' scores will be close. And in that scenario, Hines' fanbase will tower over Chelsea's. This season is Hines' to lose.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Hines winning would be the perfect outcome after this semi-finale setup. Wouldn't mind Kirstie, either, but Hines has performed better than her, imo, so I would like him to take it home. Hoping Chelsea & her so-called partner get kicked out in 3rd place, although I'm sure the judges scores will prevent that from happening.

Loved seeing Warren back. One of my favorite contestants on any season. And still love his & Kym's freestyle. That was one of the best parts of this results show to me. Tayla (was that her name? Maybe I need a cue card like Brooke did after watching the package) was great as well! Loved seeing Tony & Anna dance, too!!

FORT Fanatic

Sad to see Ralph kicked off. I'm not rooting for Hines. I really dislike the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I can't stand the Steelers. But I adore Hines. And he's up against a troll. I'd vote for a Patriot and a Red Sox to beat Mark.
    So would I. For a Jets and Yankees fan, that's saying something.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread