+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 5/17 "Greatest Dances"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 5/17 "Greatest Dances"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

As a born & bred Wisconsinite/ Packer-fan that has been living in Pittsburgh for 6 years, (No Superbowl drama other than go Packers.) I knew Hines Ward would be a smiling force to be reckoned with. He is a natural smiler.

I know first hand that he does a lot of community work and donates his time behind the scenes that is not published simply because he does not do it for press. He is actually a really decent guy & his heart is in the right place.

I also think he dances very well.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Am I the only one here who is going to vote for the best dancers regardless of who they are? I'm a huge Patriots fan but I'm not going to vote for Hines just because he's a football player or because I don't want Mark to win.
    May the best team win.
    They are all good by this point in the competition. So, yes, I think it does come down to who is tolerable. Mark's arrogant, entitled attitude sure isn't. He has outshined Chelsea in many of their routines. I believe Hines has improved tremendously. Kirstie too. I feel bad for Ralph, he got duped, but is a true gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    I believe Hines has improved tremendously. Kirstie too. I feel bad for Ralph, he got duped, but is a true gentleman.
    I agree on all accounts, but wanted to say that you are so spot on with Ralph. He really acted like a true gentleman tonight, though you could tell that even he knew he was duped and cheated out of a fair chance to be in the final three.

Did anyone else notice Tom's face when he mentioned the winner take all dance tonight? You could tell in his eyes he was quite mad about that, and feels like a lot of us do - that it wasn't a fair contest.

Yes, I can see where people say that Chelsea and Mark are the best technical dancers, but we are allowed to vote in this competition. Giving people who do NOT do a proper cha-cha, putting in hip-hop and swing (which any idiot - and yes, the three are an exception to the rule right now - knows that swinging a woman between your legs is SWING), 15 points to guarantee they go to the final three, you know that it is no longer a public vote, but producer manipulation.

Seeing this happening makes me question how soon the FCC turns out rules for reality shows to the same tune as the game shows. Unfortunately at this time, the FCC sees reality shows as ironically scripted ones, which allows for this type of manipulation to guarantee certain people advance.

Sorry, but IMHO Chelsea and Mark are there only because the producers wanted them there, and ALL THREE of the other dancers know that.

Hines or Kirstie better win this dance, or I can see a lot of people bailing this show. The sheer obviousness of the manipulation in the past week to guarantee a team advanced is bad enough, but if Mark wins now, it will obviously be seen as a rigged game.

This is nothing to do with Chelsea - I think she's sweet and has issues like all of us do. My issue is with producers who want certain people to be in the finals when we want to see the best STAR dancers advance.

And unfortunately producers - Chelsea herself has NOT been the stronger star dancer out of the four IMHO. If she was, she wouldn't wear those fringed pants to hide movements.

If she was, she wouldn't wear those fringed pants to hide movements.

Even the pros wear them.She is tiny, and it make her shimmy even more.I really dont think Kirstie derseves to be there( I know I am in the minority) but heck Florence Henderson was in her what 70's? Kirstie was scored way way too high, she is there imho because she was a star

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Am I the only one here who is going to vote for the best dancers regardless of who they are? I'm a huge Patriots fan but I'm not going to vote for Hines just because he's a football player or because I don't want Mark to win.
    May the best team win.
    I agree, but IMHO Mark and Chelsea are not the best team. If they were... then they wouldn't have had to pull the winner take all stunt that even Tom Bergeron couldn't hide his disgust with the results of it tonight to guarantee their final three spot.

My votes will go with either Hines or Kirstie Alley. Both deserve this more - they have been the most improved, have not had anything handed to them (I'm not referring to overscoring - all have fallen victim to this, I'm referring to blatant points given on a dance that is NOT cha-cha), both have had serious things happen to them or their partners and they've worked to overcome them, and both have been a joy to watch.

Chelsea and Mark? - handed the final three IMHO with the 15 points on a dance that was not a true cha-cha, has had the pro overshadow the star, has acted entitled, has had their breaking rules in dancing overlooked (something that not even Derek has had happen), and really have been for me a chore to watch because Mark acts like he's some sort of great dancer but has forgotten that people tend to watch the woman more in dancing than the man.

I'll vote for the better of Kirstie and Hines... but Mark and Chelsea shouldn't be there. They were given their spot, they didn't earn it IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    If she was, she wouldn't wear those fringed pants to hide movements.

Even the pros wear them.She is tiny, and it make her shimmy even more.I really dont think Kirstie derseves to be there( I know I am in the minority) but heck Florence Henderson was in her what 70's? Kirstie was scored way way too high, she is there imho because she was a star
    Yes, I know, but she seems to wear them a lot more often than the pros. But also though with the pros you can visible see their hips shake through the shimmy. You cannot with Chelsea. It's probably why she likes to do the chest shimmy instead.

In regard to Kirstie and age:

Being from the era of Kirstie and Florence, I have to say as far as "stars" they are relatively equal. The only difference is that Kirstie was the original Saavik in "Star Trek" (Wrath of Khan) while I cannot recall if Florence has been in a big movie. Even with Kirstie's movie role, not everyone knows she played it, and instead think of Robin Curtis, as she took over the role for "Star Trek: The search for Spock" and then "The Voyage Home."

Watching the two of them dance? - Kirstie is a better dancer if only because she is 10 years younger. There have been a couple of cases where Kirstie has been overscored, but there are also cases where she's been grossly underscored. The only one worse was Ralph, who was guaranteed last night with his scores he was heading home when they did the guaranteed 15 point dance and gave it to a couple of teenyboppers.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I was as just going to tune into Jimmy Kimmell, and see it's a repeat. What the heck! I was looking forward to seeing Ralph/Karina's interview.

Regarding the final 3, I think Hines is a better dancer, but this has always been a popularity contest. As long as they don't dance like Kate or Bristol, I'll vote for them (but if they were up against Mark and danced horribly? Yeah, there's always exceptions). However, Hines just happens to be the better of the 3, imo, plus there's nothing not to love about him and Kym. They'd be gracious if they lost, and more appreciative of winning than that little troll. On a side, this would actually be Kym's third win, too (she won here, plus once on the Australian version of DWTS). So she'd techinically be another 3x time winner, and Mark would still be two.

The whole show tonight, especially at the end, seemed odd and on edge. I'm surprised they completely edited out Bruno's comment to Karina, unless she asked them to. I'm also surprised they edited any rants R/K might have had. It's like they wanted them out of there quick, because it was a dirty result show. Chelsea/Mark were handed their final 3 spot, and everyone seems to know it. Mark did seem a tad un-douche like tonight, but he's still got that arrogance about him. Him winning I don't think will do the show any favors, especially if they have to jack the scores up for him again next week. Beating the actress whose overcome a lot of obstacles, or the loveable football player, is another black mark.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I've been saying that all season as well - there is no point to the dance troupe when they have so many pro's to pick from. And if they do replace the pros with them that will be the last straw for me!
    IMHO the troupe was brought on so the pros would have relief early in the season, when most of them still had partners. I noticed we saw a lot of them early on, then as more pros were "freed" we didn't see as much of them.

I really enjoyed seeing Damian and Petra dance!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    well of course they are in the finals..the extra 15 points put them there!
    Did anyone else catch Tom's comment that Chelsea is the highest scoring semi-finalist ever? Well, OF COURSE - since no one has ever had FIFTEEN points added to his/her score! What a sham! And - poor taste to mention that Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    Oh Stevie...this is one of my fav songs...but you ARE getting older..and your voice doesn't hold the notes the way it use to...but rock on sweetie..and I still love the song!
    LOVE Stevie! I've seen her in concert a bunch. When she sings Landslide and gets to the part about "I'm gettin' older too," she pauses, and the whole arena erupts in applause and hoots and hollers - since most of her fans are "gettin older too"! And I agree, her voice has always sounded like this!

+ Reply to Thread