+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 5/17 "Greatest Dances"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 5/17 "Greatest Dances"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76 View Post
    I am a Patriots fan and Steelers Nation is strong! Playing in Pittsburgh is difficult as that place is loud! Their fan base is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, in football. I am glad Hines did the show; I saw a completely different side of him. He is such a caring, fun loving gentleman. I am a huge fan of his now. Kym is a sweetheart and one of my favorite pros. She never yells, throws fits and is always professional. Go Hines and Kym!!
    I can completely relate, sportsfan, though you and I should NOT be communicating....I AM A PROUD BILLS FAN!!!! I can't wait to see Hines in a Steelers game -- he is such a warm and gentle man here. What a joy for all of us to legitimately come together to support a great athlete.

(I won't hold it against you that you also support Belicheat!!!!)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I feel the judges over scored Hines. I enjoyed his dances but come on he did not deserve 60. Nt saying he isn't a good dancer just saying it's a bit hard to rationalize to scores or thirty with the judges totally inexcusable underscoring of Ralph- I don't think Ralph is a great dancer, but he deserved more than a lousy 48-and the judges explanations were completely disconnected from what I saw in Ralphs dances.
    Yeah, I think so too. I love watching Hines dance, I think he's good, and Kym is one of my favorite pros, but those weren't perfect dances he did last night. And Ralph didn't deserve a 48. It seemed like they gave him completely random numbers. I was baffled with Kirstie's scores. They didn't criticize anything about her dance -- it was all praise and compliments, and then 9-9-9. So, if there was nothing to criticize, shouldn't she have gotten 10s? Or, if she deserved 9s, tell her what she needs to improve to get 10s. I think the only criticism they have for Kirstie is -- don't be 60 and overweight. That's all they've got. Sucks.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I do not think any contestant on this show has been out and out right cheated as badly as Ralph was. ABC will not be my number one choice for TV watching after this. I have always felt like the judges were manipulating the votes - but this has just been in your face cheating a decent man of his rightful and earned and deserved scores!

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Good point. (BTW..love your avatar). I think Hines is a slightly better dancer than Chelsea.

Thanks! Love my Boston Rob!!! I really don't mind Chelsea and if she had another partner might really take to her. But I just can not stand Mark! I will do whatever I can to make sure he doesn't jump on Chelsea's shoulders while hoisting that mirrorball!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I liked Warren's comment about back then you had to earn your way to the finals, not get a 15 point edge on someone.

Ralph and Karina were thrown under the bus, run over, backed over, and run over again. This was a mockery. I've always believed there's favoritisim and manipulation with the scores, but this couldn't have been more obvious. I wanted to mute Chelsea/Mark because they sound so fake. If there's any inkling they're getting the win handed to them (and that's just what it'll be), I'm out. I'm not sticking around to see Chelsea's fake shocked expression and Mark prancing around the stage and grabbing the trophy from her. I posted an article about Maks's thoughts regarding last night; he's bitter sweet about the cha cha challenge, because he thinks it might have helped him and Brandy last season. Jennifer probably would have won it anyway, so who knows. But he brought up again he's more traditional which may be why he never sees eye to eye with CA, who likes Chelsea because she's un-traditional and flashy. When they kept mentioning going outside the box and going all out, what's new about that? And Chelsea saying they broke the rules all season and with the freestyle, now they could do all of that and get away with it. I predict Hines/Kym will have the best freestyle, but Chelsea/Mark will have something predictable and already done, and wind up getting the good scores. I think Kirstie/Maks might surprise. I am hoping night 2 isn't a blantant attempt at tilting the scales, as I think it has been in the past. Go Hines and Kirstie! You will have earned it. And what a good outcome to see those 2 prevail over a little troll who probably won't be a good loser.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-17-2011 at 10:51 PM.

FORT Fogey

I missed Warren's comment as I didn't watch the show. That's awesome he actually said that.

Am I the only one here who is going to vote for the best dancers regardless of who they are? I'm a huge Patriots fan but I'm not going to vote for Hines just because he's a football player or because I don't want Mark to win.
    May the best team win.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Am I the only one here who is going to vote for the best dancers regardless of who they are? I'm a huge Patriots fan but I'm not going to vote for Hines just because he's a football player or because I don't want Mark to win.
    May the best team win.
    nobody wants Mark to win..and in discussing the other two Hines and Kristie I think the majority think Hines is the better dancer so it has been tossed about that instead of splitting votes between the two of them and i think the major consession has been Hines...not that Kristie hasn't given it 1000% and has greatly improved and it a joy to watch..I just think Hines has improved more and has proven to be the better dancer of the two...anything to keep Mark from winning..but I am still afriad that if it is ABC who counts the votes we will never know the truth and if they want Mark to be the winner he will be
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Wow, this show doesn't usually get to me.....but my eyes leaked a bit at the end. (I'm gonna have to get more tissues for next week, no doubt.)

I don't like Mark, but I think he's a decent dancer - maybe a Broadway back-up dancer....but a decent dancer nonetheless. He appeared to have been put in his place - I've never seen him so fake-humble. And I think Chelsea at least be given a chance - so I'll endure him for her sake. (I saw the gesture he made toward the judges, but thought maybe I imagined it. Apparently not. Would anyone else have been able to walk away from the judges after that stunt?)

Sad that Ralph didn't make it - but I'm glad he did as well as he did, I didn't expect he would go so far - especially with his injury.

But I'm really proud of Kirstie - although she won't win, she has come a long, long way. Seriously, she's 60, a little fluffy (although less fluffy now) and I thought she was relatively light on her feet. Her winning attitude didn't hurt either. It was fun to watch Maks have a good time for a change. Go Kirstie - if she can do that at her age and size, I can do it at 51 and thin. What an inspiration she has become.

May the best team win.
    I agree.

+ Reply to Thread